• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Young Players - U23's, U18's

bluerinse

In the Under-23s squad, Josh Bowler, Dennis Adeniran, Matthew Pennington, Con Ouzounidis, Callum Connolly and Bobby Carroll will be released at the end of this month.

Nathan Broadhead, Ryan Astley and Joe Anderson have all been offered new deals, while the Club has taken the option to extend Kyle John’s contract until the end of June 2022.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
why on earth are we offering broadhead a new deal? 23 years old and nowhere near the first team and never has been. Unsworths desire to win at all costs really needs stopping. I couldnt give a shit if the u23's win trophies i only care if they develop players for the first team.

thebluenose

TEF Member
In the Under-23s squad, Josh Bowler, Dennis Adeniran, Matthew Pennington, Con Ouzounidis, Callum Connolly and Bobby Carroll will be released at the end of this month
Unsworth will be furious. Who is he going to play to try and win a few pointless trophies? Under 23's?

bennett

TEF Member
why on earth are we offering broadhead a new deal? 23 years old and nowhere near the first team and never has been. Unsworths desire to win at all costs really needs stopping. I couldnt give a shit if the u23's win trophies i only care if they develop players for the first team.
There was some academy director on the wireless recently from a prem club, saying if you've got 22-23 year olds in your u23 side then it's not fit for purpose. His reason being that it's there to serve players into the first team squad by the time they are 21 at the latest. Made sense tbh and highlighted how poor our set up has been performing in this regard.

Didn't we pay QPR a few quid for that Bowler as well?
Yeah, won't be huge. Maybe £800k.

Same with Adeniran.

Unsworth would have probably been the one to release them alongside Brands in fairness thebluenose thebluenose

thebluenose

TEF Member
Unsworth needs to fuck off trying to win all kinds of pointless trophies and start actually developing players for the first team.
For all the criticism Brands has received.

One thing he has done that most people can applaud him for, is loaning out a whole load of these 23-26 year olds that Unsworth insisted on playing and forcing him to play more players from the U18s

Mike

Never wrong
Hopefully there’s 1 or 2 just on the cusp of stepping up and the new manager is suitably impressed.

You always need a bit of luck when going into a new role, look at Rooney with Moyes and Kane / Pochettino.

Hopefully there’s 1 or 2 just on the cusp of stepping up and the new manager is suitably impressed.

You always need a bit of luck when going into a new role, look at Rooney with Moyes and Kane / Pochettino.
I think theres a bunch that are a year or 2 away

Bluebru

Resident queer
I’d assume it’s because either Brands and/or some of the coaches rate him and they want to see if the new manager thinks the same and wants to give him some game time, as let’s face it he can’t be any worse than Iwobi
Also would likely be on low money and so worth offering a deal to ensure we can hopefully get a fee if we end up selling him

bluenose@#7

TEF Member
There was some academy director on the wireless recently from a prem club, saying if you've got 22-23 year olds in your u23 side then it's not fit for purpose. His reason being that it's there to serve players into the first team squad by the time they are 21 at the latest. Made sense tbh and highlighted how poor our set up has been performing in this regard.
Agree with all that bennett: mate , but even I don't call a radio a wireless , and i'm 71 in august ..... how the fuck old are you lol ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)