• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Wilfried Zaha - Staying at Palace

Will Zaha be an Everton player by Friday?

• Yes

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Good player Zaha but 80 million is way too much. Probably Palace putting that out to force Arsenal into paying over the odds.

bluerinse

I'd be disappointed if we spent £80m on Zaha.

Agree that it's probably Palace using slight Everton interest to try and get more money out of Arsenal.

DannyEvo

TEF Member
£80m would get you Malcolm and Kean probably.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
I want us to sign him just to annoy Crystal Palace fans but I appreciate £80m to prove a point is a bit silly.

I don't think we'll sign him anyway.

I want us to sign him just to annoy Crystal Palace fans but I appreciate £80m to prove a point is a bit silly.
£80m is crazy. We forget he is only 26 though. I reckon around £50m would get him and would probably be a fair enough price considering some of the fees being paid.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
It would be interesting if this has got legs in it though.

Could it even be Moshiri / Usmanov wanting to get one over on Arsenal?

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
He was said to want to stay in London wasn't he? And that his reason for leaving was to play European football.

I appreciate a massive salary could change his mind, but Palace fans would be less forgiving towards him if he left for a club they probably consider to be at a similar level.

Amazing news if we're truly competing for players like that though. Especially in the face of stories about sell-to-buy, etc.

T1878

Love Islander
Can’t remember if it was this season or last, but he impressed me massively as Goodison (think it was the game Pickford saved a penalty). Zaha led the line on his own and absolutely everything stuck to him, none of our lot could get the ball off him.

Still, £80m is way too much. I think £50m is fair considering what we paid for a younger, potentially better, Richarlison.

Either way, he’ll end up at Arsenal.

Potrik

TEF Member
I’d have him here, even for a wedge like 50-60m but I honestly think he’d turn us down even if we agreed a fee.

He’s apparently wanting to prove himself at a ‘big club’ and I’m afraid we’ve got no draw apart from wages and potential right now.

AnthonyC

Admin
I’d have him here, even for a wedge like 50-60m but I honestly think he’d turn us down even if we agreed a fee.

He’s apparently wanting to prove himself at a ‘big club’ and I’m afraid we’ve got no draw apart from wages and potential right now.
What about "the project" we keep hearing about mate?

synthfg

TEF Member
Lads for his heart set on Arsenal, looks more like an agent story to pressure Arsenal into getting on with it

Involve Bolasie in a swap deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)