• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Who should be Evertons new manager?

Cal

Victor Meldrew
I highly doubt he'll get the bullet as he will be given till Christmas to sort it out especially as he's on £6 million a year. It's a shame as I thought he was top class but anyway, ideas on who we could bring in?

I'd like to bring in a manager with a 5 year plan. We know we can't break the top 6 overnight but we need a manager who's going to plan for the future and be adaptable.

Comicbook Guy

Banned
Banned
I highly doubt he'll get the bullet as he will be given till Christmas to sort it out especially as he's on £6 million a year. It's a shame as I thought he was top class but anyway, ideas on who we could bring in?

I'd like to bring in a manager with a 5 year plan. We know we can't break the top 6 overnight but we need a manager who's going to plan for the future and be adaptable.
Maybe Koeman has a 5 year plan. Keep your pantyhose on

Davo

TEF Member
A 5 year plan, but negotiates a 3 year contract? Yeah, sounds like he does.
Think he was using us as a stepping stone to bigger things.

Xbob

Honorary Life Captain
No manager in the world will have this fucking mess of a squad playing well
We have the players in place to at least pick a starting 11 with width, pace and balance. It will put some noses out of joint and leave some big money players on the sidelines, but so be it. We can sell them next transfer window and buy players we actually need. Unsworth managed to get a tune out of the shambles that was our team immediately post Martinez. I think he could do the same again. What is for certain though is that we've never needed a bigger overhaul. Problems that have been looming for 3 or 4 years have never been adressed and its coming back to bite us hard now.

MartSlinger

Love Islander
No manager in the world will have this fucking mess of a squad playing well

There's some very good players in the squad that i think most managers could get the best out of.

As Xbob has said, we've got the players to have a balanced team but our current manager seems reluctant to play them.

Do think Unsworth could at least do a job until next Summer, gives them plenty of time to sound out potential candidates and also review whether or not Unsworth could be the answer long term.

ScottM

Pyar sauced
Unsworth in until the end of the season; he'll bring in some of the younger lads and give us pace and balance.

At the moment we look like a bunch of zombies aimlessly wandering around, occasionally tripping up opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Cant believe Mosh would go for Unsworth.

The one thing we all praised him for after sacking Martinez was how he identified an ambitious target, and pursued him until he got him.

If he fancies an imminent change, give Rhino a few games in caretaker control, but make clear we'll be seeking to identify and negotiate with a replacement in the next international break.

graeme

TEF Member
Think snoop said Unsworth applied for the managers job and impressed.

Maybe having another year experience they'd be willing to give him a chance. I would.

T1878

Love Islander
Thomas Tuchel hasn't got a job at the moment. I'd go for him whilst he's still available.

Thought I'd wake up feeling a bit more rational about the situation, but I just think Koeman's out of his depth. He's never done great things as a manager to be fair. He addressed some of the glaring deficiencies in the team as a quick-fix, but long-term he hasn't got enough about him.

Crafty II

The Chief Whip
Lucian Favre

On 24 May 2016, Favre was appointed as OGC Nice manager, replacing Claude Puel. Despite reportedly being considered for the vacant Everton manager's job, Favre chose Nice, saying that he was "tired of waiting" for Everton to make a decision. This appointment was widely considered as a coup for Nice by the French media.

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking-minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team.

I wanted this guy before Koeman, and I still want him here.

Xbob

Honorary Life Captain
Think snoop said Unsworth applied for the managers job and impressed.

Maybe having another year experience they'd be willing to give him a chance. I would.
I think it was Blueboy who said it. If we go for a "big name" we'll just come up against the same problem of being seen as a step up to or a step down from a bigger club. You don't need a big name manager to do well, you need someone who gets the club and gets the best out of the players he has. Koeman doesn't look like either of those things at the moment.

bennett

TEF Member
Favre, Silva, Unsworth would all get us playing better than we are are at the moment. The real problem, and even worse than the lack of tactics, seems to be the players don't want to play for Koeman. Once that happens there's no way back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)