• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

POLL Where will Everton finish this season?

Where will Everton finish this season?

• Total voters
Vote now

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
At this moment in time I say 7th - may change my mind depending if we bring anymore in/who we bring in - but yeah, 7th for me so far.

Just want to get our Germans on a tin pot though, anything will do, just wanna fuckin trophy to celebrate after 20 bloody years

Walker

TEF Member
Think we're going to struggle with Europa games this time around.

Especially as we haven't actually really added to last season and Martinez said we'd need about 5.

If we get a couple of wingers and back up I might change that to 5/6th but as it stands I can only see United improving, Tottenham starting better and Arsenal have widened the gap.

Dolorous Edd

Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch
As it stands I think we'll pip Spurs to 6th. I'm very optimistic for our future, but I think United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City will comfortably take up the top 4 spots. Our best hope of Champions League football is by winning the Europa.

Andycm81

TEF Member
5th/6th for me. Would love to say higher but can't see it, especially with the Thursday night games. Bringing through some kids for Europe I am looking forward to though.

Davo

TEF Member
5th or 6th unless we get a decent winger and another decent striker.

Potrik

TEF Member
We need to go balls deep for the UEFA Cup, can't see us getting anywhere near top 4 - especially with Man Utd having no European games.

lichfieldblue

TEF Member
If we get the same number of points as last year, history says we should be more likely than not to get 4th.

I think Chelsea and Man City will be clear 1&2, but I genuinely think we're not far behind the others. We desperately need a good start before Europa starts and can't afford any injuries to stay in the mix. On paper 6th or 7th (I voted 5-6), but Bobby will have them convinced they can challenge for 4th and with a fair wind, we can.

Hibbert's Carp

TEF Member
4th-7th. We are relatively strong even with unfinished business this window. Arsenal, Chelsea and City too strong but Suarezless Liverpool, Pochettino's Spurs and van Gaal's United unknown quantities. The rest of the league are truly behind. Stoke, Sunderland, Newcastle and maybe Pulis' palace all headed for midtable glory.

lichfieldblue

TEF Member
Also ... I disagree that our best chance of Champions League is Europa.

I could explain why, but lazily I'll leave it that we are 7-1 to finish top 4; 20-1 to win the Europa. It's not even close.

joey macmo

TEF Member

I could explain why, but lazily I'll leave it that we are 7-1 to finish top 4; 20-1 to win the Europa. It's not even close.

Put that 7-1 in a double with us to qualify not being seeds in the non champions route and that'd be more than 20-1.

This year it would be one of Porto, Napoli, Leverkusen or Zenit.

pablo_p

TEF Member

Alright la, was it you that recommended the Numbers Game book in the EE forum the other day?

pablo_p

TEF Member
Yeah - could you guess?!

Haha! There was a hint of it about your post, yes!

But seriouy mate, nice one for that. I don't know whether it's the best thing I'vre read, or whether I want to burn it at the stake for heresy!

Fantastic reading though!

lichfieldblue

TEF Member
Haha! There was a hint of it about your post, yes!

But seriouy mate, nice one for that. I don't know whether it's the best thing I'vre read, or whether I want to burn it at the stake for heresy!

Fantastic reading though!
I know exactly what you mean. Some bits you just want to forget for the love of the game.

I take a lot of comfort from the regard in which they hold Martinez at the forefront of the work done by clubs in this area which can only be advantageous for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)