• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread West Brom V Everton - 3pm Boxing Day

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
5 wins in 7 games - 2nd in the form table and only 2 goals conceded. Sam takes his unbeaten side to the hawthorns where West Brom are in terrible form and are about to lose another game today.

Sam rested the 2 central defenders but I would be playing Keane with Holgate as that should be the future. Keane has an excellent game today.

Rooney will be back and I’d like to see Bolasie given his first start. Let’s attack these and go 2 up top!

.............Pickfird
Kenny Holgate Keane Martina
..............MS
.....Bolasie Rooney Sig
.........DCL Niasse

2-0 and the run continues

Floody

TEF Member
Away game so I fully expect Sam to play for a draw.
West brom are on their longest ever run without a victory so will be desperate for a win

I expect another 0 - 0

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
Keane and holgate? Both playing right centre back?

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Keane and holgate? Both playing right centre back?

Plenty have played that way - ideally you would like a left footer and a right footer but there are many teams who play 2 right footers. Jags and Keane did ok and they are both right footed.

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
Plenty have played that way - ideally you would like a left footer and a right footer but there are many teams who play 2 right footers. Jags and Keane did ok and they are both right footed.
But jags has plenty of experience playing left side. Holgate hasn’t. Keane is trying to rediscover some form. It’s not about what foot they use.

bluerinse

It would be just like Everton to be in a good run of form and then lose to a side who haven't won a league game in about 4 months.

Gwlidderer

TEF Member
5 wins in 7 games - 2nd in the form table and only 2 goals conceded. Sam takes his unbeaten side to the hawthorns where West Brom are in terrible form and are about to lose another game today.

Sam rested the 2 central defenders but I would be playing Keane with Holgate as that should be the future. Keane has an excellent game today.

Rooney will be back and I’d like to see Bolasie given his first start. Let’s attack these and go 2 up top!

.............Pickfird
..............MS
.....Bolasie Rooney Sig
.........DCL Niasse

You'd start Bolasie who has been out injured for over a year and has only played a handful of minutes for the U23's?

Fair enough if he comes off the bench for 15 mins or so but Lookman and Vlasic should both be starting games before him at the moment.

505blue

TEF Member
Pickford
Holgate Keane Jags Martina
Beni Schneiderlin
Vlasic Rooney Gylfi
Sandro

Looking forward to seeing more of Beni, he is very tidy going forward.

Chef

TEF Member

.............Pickfird
..............MS
.....Bolasie Rooney Sig
.........DCL Niasse

HOW THE FUK DO YOU KNOW ROONEY WILL BE BACK ,CAUSE IVE JUST HAD 2 PINTS WITH A FAMILY MEMBER AND HE DIDNT KNOW

AngusYoung

TEF Member
I'll go for:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Williams Martina
Schniederlin Davies
Lennon Rooney Sigurdsson
Niasse

Dario Terracotta

TEF Member
A win here and at Bournemouth and we could conceivably be seventh.
As bad as the first half of the season has been, that would be a reasonable position going into the second half given that the six teams above have the distraction of Europe.

Hugo's left kidney

Not a corrupt CDPA panelist
I'm about to emabrk on a 7 hour road trip, so I'll miss this one. I'm sure I can rely on Kev to give me a balanced view of the game when I reach the other end.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
I'm about to emabrk on a 7 hour road trip, so I'll miss this one. I'm sure I can rely on Kev to give me a balanced view of the game when I reach the other end.

Yeah, but its equally true of others to give a diametrically opposing view no matter what happens, a lot with entrenched views seeing it from pre-determined stances whatever happens.

I know whatever the result or performance, win 9-0, draw or lose 9-0, play well or not, most people on here won't change.

Paulgreece

TEF Member
Yeah, but its equally true of others to give a diametrically opposing view no matter what happens, a lot with entrenched views seeing it from pre-determined stances whatever happens.

I know whatever the result or performance, win 9-0, draw or lose 9-0, play well or not, most people on here won't change.

Exactly, we could have a nice comfortable 3-0 win and lots of people will still moan about the football, not having 6 strikers in the pitch etc etc.

I'd love to know where Sir Sam hides all these strikers we're so blessed with, I have to double check our squad of the official site when teams get announced.

One cunt of a manager put us in this mess and yet the manager who's been getting us out of it is vilified, we have lots of brain-dead fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)