• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

We can't score goals. What's happened?

bluerinse

Why can't we score a goal all of a sudden?

It started in pre season. We scored 3 goals in 7 games. With just one of those scored by a regular player.

We've now played two dogshit teams away and Watford. One goal.

Where has it gone wrong?

These players were scoring or combining to score regularly last season. I don't understand why it's suddenly so grim.

Cal

Victor Meldrew
Slow at the back. No mobility in midfield. Sideways and square. Static up front. DCL is fucking crap. Fuck off

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
You can pretty much walk through our midfield at the minute. I’m not sure this 4-2-3-1 works without Gana.

Doesn’t help that Gomes had his worst ever game for us tonight.

John

TEF Member
We had two gilt edges changes there though. Fucking woeful from Walcott and Calvert Lewin.

Get Iwobi and Kean in from the start now and Im sure things will improve. Fuck Calvert Lewin and Bernard off.

bluerinse

I've clarified what this thread is about.

I want to know why this group of players suddenly can't score.

We saw them do it fine last season.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
where to start.

i think richarlison is fucked and needs a rest. he is a shadow of the player from last season.
DCL is getting worse with each game. no confidence and now isnt doing what made him a decent frontman last season.
Bernard doesnt offer much in the way of a goal threat and probably never will
gylfi is non existant.
the two deep midfielders just pass it sideways and backwards constantly very very slowly. only gbamin has looked to play it forwards this season from midfield.
the full backs whilst getting forward are not able to cross the ball as there is nothing to cross too. Coleman crossing to bernard at the back post summed it up.

Silva has a big job here. Loads out of form, loads not fit and all playing a system that has been proven not to work consistently away from home over the last few seasons.he needs to sort it and fast. this cant be allowed to continue for long as the fans will turn very quickly.

Cal

Victor Meldrew
All stems from the midfield. Slow, immobile and always square. Schneiderlin a waste of fucking space and we can’t play him with Gomes. Pathetic pathetic showing

T1878

Love Islander
Our players capable of scoring consistently are Richarlison (nackered), Sigurdsson (anonymous, lethargic, passive) and maybe Kean (unproven in this league and inexperienced).

Doesn’t bode well.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
I've clarified what this thread is about.

I want to know why this group of players suddenly can't score.

We saw them do it fine last season.
Two non strikers bailed us out last season, we're paying the price for not buying a proven striker again, it's shocking mismanagement.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Richarlison is goosed.

DCL has never been prolific but lifts those around him. Problem is, they're all fucked.

Gomes was poor tonight. Usually quality, but him and Schneiderlin were in the same places a lot of the time.

Said it at the time, but the Sigurdsson sub was a shocker there. Kean would've benefitted from him, I think.

All in all a really poor day at the office.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
Richarlison is goosed.

DCL has never been prolific but lifts those around him. Problem is, they're all fucked.

Gomes was poor tonight. Usually quality, but him and Schneiderlin were in the same places a lot of the time.

Said it at the time, but the Sigurdsson sub was a shocker there. Kean would've benefitted from him, I think.

[BFS]

bluerinse

Richarlison is goosed.

How are they all fucked?

It's the third game of the season!

Anthony

TEF Member
I would honestly give Tosun a run of games. IMO he scores the chance that DCL misses tonight.

The Walcott chance wasn't easy, but an experienced attacker knows to shoot across goal, or take a touch and slot it. He has tried to volley it on the in step.

Midnight_Blue

TEF Member
We could have had 3 goals in the last 10 minutes alone...... What the absolute fuck...!!!!!!

Fuck my life........ Schneiderlin, DCL and Gomes can get fucked......and Keane chasing spooks for their goal..... Fucking hate that cunt......... Just fuck off..

pablo_p

TEF Member
He did have 3 weeks off for summer after the Copa.
Nothing that, though, is it?

He'll have some mad fatigue going on behind the scenes. I'm fucked for days if I play 5 a side these days and I'm in relatively okay nick.

As much as these lads are elite tier athletes, this is an elite tier sport and it will take it's toll. A year and a half, nearly two years of constant football will have had a massive impact on him, IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)