• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Walter Smith memories

graeme

whatever it was
Am I imagining things but did he score a hat trick? Not that that makes any difference. Smith was awful. He brought Ginola, Blomqvist and the woman beater to the club.

yeah think it was when moyes was in charge wasn't it? Moyes didn't even realise he'd scored a hat trick

Danny-efc

TEF Member
Am I imagining things but did he score a hat trick? Not that that makes any difference. Smith was awful. He brought Ginola, Blomqvist and the woman beater to the club.

Leeds at home, under Moyes that, Ferguson scored as well. McFadden had a stormer and we all thought we were going to storm the league with the two best talents in Britain.

MBIB

TEF Member
That was when Van Hooijdonk scored wasn't it? Forest hadn't won in about 6 months. I remember in the lead up to the game I was thinking, 'surely we can't lose this one?!' Then we did.

Aye, that's the one. They'd been gettin tonked everywhere they went.....everywhere. Our performance was so shite, that even scot gemmill looked like lothar mattheus for them. Probly why waldo brought him here (Another pearl of wisdom)

Keverton5

TEF Member
The only time i never renewed my season ticket, was when this clown was making going the match painful. Very few good memories from his tenure. Thankfully he went and I resumed going the match again.

dr lee

TEF Member
Regular teams with 6 defenders in eg:
---------------Gerrard
Dunne---Watson--Gough---Ball

Watson --------------------Unsworth
[suicide]

McLovin

Love Islander who is shagging an ex-24 year old
My clearest memory was the cup q/f away at Middlesbrough.

Was in the home end. Even their fans couldn't believe how shit we were that day

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce - U23s expert
How did we get through such a shit period?

bluerinse

RIP Walter.

I remember him for playing more defenders in the starting line up than we needed and bringing has beens to the club. Did well to keep us up in that period.

A good fella by all accounts. The press who dealt with him all speak well of him.

Last edited:

McLovin

Love Islander who is shagging an ex-24 year old
Before being getting on the away credit train, I was sat in the Middlesbrough end for that cup game. Even their fans couldn’t believe how shit we were. Grim times

Floody

TEF Member

I remember leaving the ground having lost 2-1 to Sheffield Wednesday feeling certain we would be relegated as we dropped to 18th in the table.. Just checked to see how we escaped and as it was pre transfer window days we got Kevin Campbell in.

Super Kev scored an incredible 9 goals in his first 5 games to save us from the drop Including a hat trick in a six nil demolition of West Ham. If the transfer window had been in place then, I dread to think how things would have panned out.

(Have a look at the highlights in the Related tab in the above link to see how bad things were)

thebluenose

TEF Member
Everton were a very strange side under him, we were either absolute shite or won by 4 or 5. Obviously former more often than not.

Did us a solid getting Moyes the job.

RIP.
Forget about that sometimes. If it weren't for him, we would have Gary fucking Megson as our manager!

We would have gone down with him in charge

And there are people defending Kenwright and his record

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)