• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Useless shirkers v Brighton, Saturday 11th January, 3pm

bluerinse

Even that spanner Danny Murphy said it was a penalty.

It's beyond suspect now, VAR..

I raised it a few weeks ago we hadn't got a penalty yet this season and it's still the same.

We might miss it, as Kev often points out, but that's not the point.

Others say we haven't had many incidents, but I think we should have had 3 or 4 by now at least. Seems like a small number but when we are talking about a low scoring sport, it can make such a difference.

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
Off the top of my head, yesterday, one at Brighton, possibly 2 against Spurs at home). DCL at Anfield.

Floody

TEF Member
Poor game We should have been more than one goal ahead but failure to take our chances almost cost us two points. We were clinging on at the end trying to defend a one goal lead. It is fortunate that Brighton are as wasteful in front of goal as we are.

We only have two more games this month but I hope we get a couple of players in to bolster the midfield. We all know Sigurdsson, Delph and Schneiderlin are not good enough.

Dixie

Elite Member
Oh there’s no doubt that we should have had at least 3 pens and possibly more. However I don’t believe in corruption just incompetence.
They know it's a pen, they just arent giving it. That's corruption in my book, or blatant cheating whatever.

pablo_p

TEF Member
It may not be CalcioPoli levels of corruption. But only one team in the country is benefitting from VAR and the subsequent rule re-writes which came with it.

Liverpool get tons of decisions. Whilst their local rivals get sod all and their league rivals get much,fewer decisions than them. If this was any other league in the World, it'd be talk of the wash house.

As it is, fuck all gets said and they're lauded as the best there is etc.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
It may not be CalcioPoli levels of corruption. But only one team in the country is benefitting from VAR and the subsequent rule re-writes which came with it.

Liverpool get tons of decisions. Whilst their local rivals get sod all and their league rivals get much,fewer decisions than them. If this was any other league in the World, it'd be talk of the wash house.

As it is, fuck all gets said and they're lauded as the best there is etc.
The team statistically benefitting most is Brighton, they've actually gained 5 points when all the decisions for, minus those against resulting in an actual points difference are totted up.

Dunk would have possibly been carded too, as nowhere near the ball when challenging.

David Coote is right at the top of the list of officials making poor decisions in VAR controversies. Villa fans remember him well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)