• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Unnamed Player Arrested

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
I'm even more in the dark now that people are saying he's Finnish. Don't even remember us having a Finnish player.

bluenose@#7

TEF Member
He's definitely never playing for us again, that was probably clear, but this extension just confirms it.

My bigger concern is the fact he's probably been paid £5,6,7m to sit there on bail for a season.

I'm no legal expert, far from, but surely there has to be a way the club can seek this back off him due to the reasoning. I guess it would be some kind of breach of contract? Gross misconduct?
what about the player insurance angle ..... have we been claiming his wage maybe due to a clause covering this sort of thing ?

mr_pib

TEF Member
what about the player insurance angle ..... have we been claiming his wage maybe due to a clause covering this sort of thing ?
Any insurance stuff like that would (I imagine) only kick in if the player was charged/convicted, which he hasn’t yet.

Unless there is something in the bail conditions about not being around minors which means he can’t go to the training ground or the stadium on a matchday, I don’t see how we could claim wages back as fundamentally we have chosen not to play him (which is the right call on the clubs part) rather than being forced to do so.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Why did City continue playing Mendy when he was under investigation?

Thuck ma Baws

TEF Member
Any insurance stuff like that would (I imagine) only kick in if the player was charged/convicted, which he hasn’t yet.

Unless there is something in the bail conditions about not being around minors which means he can’t go to the training ground or the stadium on a matchday, I don’t see how we could claim wages back as fundamentally we have chosen not to play him (which is the right call on the clubs part) rather than being forced to do so.

There'll be insurance in place to cover wages if a player can't play. If he's charged then the insurer will likely seek to recover the payments.

synthfg

Bad Tory
Are we sure he's still being paid,
Saw something the other day about some lad from the Blackpool squad being suspended over a rape allegation and having to work at an Amazon warehouse to make ends meet

Woolster

Data nonce
Are we sure he's still being paid,
Saw something the other day about some lad from the Blackpool squad being suspended over a rape allegation and having to work at an Amazon warehouse to make ends meet

It'd be unusual to be suspended without pay.

Unless your contract says otherwise, you'd be suspended on full pay for at least a limited time. Under some cicumstances ( I can't remember what off-hand ) , you might be you dropped down to ( say ) half pay after a while, which might be what happened to the bloke from Blackpool ?

mr_pib

TEF Member
There'll be insurance in place to cover wages if a player can't play. If he's charged then the insurer will likely seek to recover the payments.
That’s the thing, is there insurance in place if we have chosen not to play him, rather than there being something that means he can’t?

Thuck ma Baws

TEF Member
That’s the thing, is there insurance in place if we have chosen not to play him, rather than there being something that means he can’t?

I'd be amazed if there isn't a policy that covers these sorts of things but you never know. Even if it's just a % of salary. But like I said if he's found guilty it probably invalidates the claim and the insurer will look to get it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 3)