• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Unnamed Player Arrested

Potrik

TEF Member
You’d have thought this might have been cleared up by now if there wasn’t anything concrete, wouldn’t you?

Or not? Not really sure what the diligence is like on nonceing.

markymark

TEF Member
Think we’ve got some insurance cover on situations like this?

End of the day he’s an asset and his #bookvalue would still be in the millions, he ends up going down we terminate his contract, think we could stick a claim in?

Like those businesses that have been failing for years and coincidentally end up getting torched for an insurance job, someone at the club said finger a 15 year old will you so we can save a few mill

graeme

whatever it was
Think we’ve got some insurance cover on situations like this?

End of the day he’s an asset and his #bookvalue would still be in the millions, he ends up going down we terminate his contract, think we could stick a claim in?

Like those businesses that have been failing for years and coincidentally end up getting torched for an insurance job, someone at the club said finger a 15 year old will you so we can save a few mill

Don't think we can set fire to him, unless he turns out to be a nonce then probably the best thing to do.

Dolorous Edd

Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch
I imagine he'd easily get a gig at one of those Middle Eastern clubs with stacks of money if he's willing to move out there.

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
That was quick
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

pablo_p

TEF Member
Soz to be blunt about it; but if he's been arrested, can we bin him? Or do we have to wait until he's proven guilty and sentenced to do that?

Woolster

CDPA Panelist & data nonce
Soz to be blunt about it; but if he's been arrested, can we bin him? Or do we have to wait until he's proven guilty and sentenced to do that?

I'm no expert in HR matters, but I'd say, at the very least, you have to wait till he's charged before trying to terminate his contract. Ignoring the moral argument of us possibly sacking someone who might be innocent, he's loaded and will have access to great lawyers who could likely tie us in knots.

If he's charged, unless we can reach an agreement with him, I think we're stuck with him till the end of the season.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I'm no expert in HR matters, but I'd say, at the very least, you have to wait till he's charged before trying to terminate his contract. Ignoring the moral argument of us possibly sacking someone who might be innocent, he's loaded and will have access to great lawyers who could likely tie us in knots.

If he's charged, unless we can reach an agreement with him, I think we're stuck with him till the end of the season.

Nice one mate. Thought it'd be along the lines of that.

Tomorrow's gonna be fucking grim.

Everton fans singing "Fat Spanish Waiter" and S'oton fans singing "Paedophile".

CBA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)