• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Transfer talk

Very stupid thing to say Jamie. You’re having a bad time recently with your posts. I suggest a few days off..
How is it stupid? They were 2 of the 4 back-line for Norwich, who got relegated. You are suggesting it will make a huge difference. Would Aarons 1 goal and 0 assist this season help???

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce. Reality TV overlord
How is it stupid? They were 2 of the 4 back-line for Norwich, who got relegated. You are suggesting it will make a huge difference. Would Aarons 1 goal and 0 assist this season help???
You have to look at the rest of the side! They were shit and still are. Godfrey hardly stood out did he?
Van Dijk was at Southampton who were almost relegated.
One or 2 good players don’t always stand out when the rest of the side is shit.

_blue_balls

TEF Member
You have to put faith in the likes of Brands to know if he has the attributes to make it. Hes still very young and if he was playing with much better quality players he might kick on in his development. Godfrey, Nkounkou, Branthwaite all look excellent young signings.

You have to look at the rest of the side! They were shit and still are. Godfrey hardly stood out did he?
Van Dijk was at Southampton who were almost relegated.
One or 2 good players don’t always stand out when the rest of the side is shit.
Norwich are miles ahead at the top of the league right now. Aarons stats are fairly poor. Godfrey didn't have to stand out. He was plucked while still a decent price. Van Dijk stood out for Celtic and Southampton for many years. Massively different. Defensively I think he will struggle for where we want to be. I firmly believe there are better value right backs out there and it should be a position which is easy to fill. You only have to look at the number of cracking right backs there are in the England squad at the moment.

Aarons is looking like he will cost well over £30m. He may be a decent player and he is still only young - but he's done nothing to suggest that we should spend that money on him and we could certainly get just as good a player for a fraction of that on the continent.

Can't we just swap Nkounkous legs around?
Thing is, the talent is clearly out there. We plucked him from Marseille before he'd even made his debut for less than a million.

Potrik

TEF Member
Wonder if we’re still after that Celik or whatever he’s called. Seemed to fit the profile of player we want.

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon) Sad panda
I saw him at Goodison and he was average. He might go on to be decent in a few years, but won’t be worth what Norwich will want for him and I doubt he’s good enough for where we want to be.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Diogo Dalot is the full back we should be in for.

FWIW I think we’ll be going in for Utds young full back Williams who can play left or right.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Diogo Dalot is the full back we should be in for.

FWIW I think we’ll be going in for Utds young full back Williams who can play left or right.

God, I hope not. Be massively disappointed if he was the new RB.

Can see it being the Turkish lad.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
God, I hope not. Be massively disappointed if he was the new RB.

Can see it being the Turkish lad.
I’ve never seen him play really but we’ve been linked with him a fair bit.

I know we were heavily in for Dalot last season and I posted about it. But he fucked off to Italy on loan and I have no idea how he’s got on over there.

505blue

TEF Member
I don't remember Aarons standing out, but young players in a back line with shite for midfield can be hard to judge. Robertson and Blockhead were part of one of the worst defenses I can remember and they turned out decent.

thebluenose

TEF Member
To be fair. How many of us thought Godfrey would be bossing it for us when he signed?

A lot of us (including me) didnt think anything of him. I thought getting someone who was part of that AIDS Norwich defence wasnt a good idea.

If Aarons is being pursued by Bayern, then he there is something about him.

Mug

TEF Member
He’s been a long term target Aarons so you’d imagine they’re fairly confident he’s the right player if we are still pursuing him.

I’d imagine there’s a few options for right back seeing we’ve been on the fence with JJK for a while and Coleman is coming to the end. It’ll all be about finances and where they fit into the transfer jigsaw this summer. It actually wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see another loan and push the buy another window seeing we’re still lacking up front and in midfield which is where the big bucks usually get spent.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
He’s been a long term target Aarons so you’d imagine they’re fairly confident he’s the right player if we are still pursuing him.

I’d imagine there’s a few options for right back seeing we’ve been on the fence with JJK for a while and Coleman is coming to the end. It’ll all be about finances and where they fit into the transfer jigsaw this summer. It actually wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see another loan and push the buy another window seeing we’re still lacking up front and in midfield which is where the big bucks usually get spent.
I wouldn’t be surprised if our net spend was very small this summer.

We’re close to the edge with FFP and need to finance stadium.

You’d guess the sales of Kean/Kenny/Bernard along with the wages of Bolasie/Walcott will give us our transfer money in the summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 17)