• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Transfer Rumours

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Who will the 'statement' signing be we've all been crying out for?

With Jadon Sancho being touted for a move to Utd - why don't we throw our name in the mix?

german-evertonian

TEF Member
Who will the 'statement' signing be we've all been crying out for?

With Jadon Sancho being touted for a move to Utd - why don't we throw our name in the mix?
Because it would be a financial desaster and we can't spend 150million€ on one player. And he would never join us anyway. I guess your suggestion is sarcasm anyway

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
David Neres is someone I would like us to sign and we need a right sided player.

Dunno if we can get him here though.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Because it would be a financial desaster and we can't spend 150million€ on one player. And he would never join us anyway. I guess your suggestion is sarcasm anyway

He won't cost 150 million euros mate.

I'm not being sarcastic, either. It's well known Moshiri wants a 'marquee' signing - Robinho esque. He tried to Costa and even told Giroud that number 9 was allocated to him.

I don't think we'll sign many players at all this summer. 3 or 4. We could still spent £150/200m on those players, though.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Jadon Sancho will cost £100m+ and about £300k per week

Marcel Brands said at the AGM signing players (Zaha) for that amount isn't realistic.

There is still so much garbage at the club earning mega money, we have to get rid of it!

Last edited:

pablo_p

TEF Member
He’s been some player but he’ll be 33 by the start of next season.

Agree to an extent. But if we can shift Tosun and Niasse and have him, DCL, Kean and Richarlison as our CF/LW options, I think we'd be in good stead.

He knows Ancelotti and could hit the ground running assuming tactics are similar. I'm just hopeful we can lure some Napoli players here - him and Koulibaly would be boss.

Plus he's out of contract so could save some coin.

SteveEFC89

Captain of Captains
I’d love Federico Chiesa for the Right Wing spot. 22yo Italian with already a lot of experience nationally and domestically. He’s quick and is a grafter which will work here under Ancelotti in this system. That would be an absolutely massive statement signing at not too prohibitive a fee.

TheFace

TEF member
CHELSEA IN TALKS TO SIGN ZIYECH FOR 38M.

can help but think its 3 years too late on him , hes got to the point where hes too expensive and would want too much money for us to sign

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
Agree to an extent. But if we can shift Tosun and Niasse and have him, DCL, Kean and Richarlison as our CF/LW options, I think we'd be in good stead.

He knows Ancelotti and could hit the ground running assuming tactics are similar. I'm just hopeful we can lure some Napoli players here - him and Koulibaly would be boss.

Plus he's out of contract so could save some coin.
I would never doubt Mertens’ ability. I just don’t think signing a would-be 33 year old on probably a 2/3 year deal on potentially north of 100k per week wages is the correct strategy for us.

TheFace

TEF member
I would never doubt Mertens’ ability. I just don’t think signing a would-be 33 year old on probably a 2/3 year deal on potentially north of 100k per week wages is the correct strategy for us.
yep, same a gylfi really, too old and on too much wedge at this point in time for us..

his form would be tailing off rather than ramping up..

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Think there are some really promising young players in the championship we should take a gamble on, look how DCL has turned out after all.

But as for marquee don't really know, just hope they are young enough to improve more Kean and Richarlison type signings and less Sigurdsson type please.

boris

TEF Member
I think we’ll spend big on fees but the players we do sign will be on relatively low wages in relation to there fee.

This probably means we’ll go big on young players like Moise Kean, Richarlison, Iwobi who all fit that criteria.

SteveEFC89

Captain of Captains
As the positions we desperately need a quality addition in are so few I think we’ll see some big fee players come in, more than if we needed 8 players. 3 over £35m+ purchases along side 2 or 3 10/low teen purchases, possibly even 2 loans 1 permanent.

TheFace

TEF member
Think there are some really promising young players in the championship we should take a gamble on, look how DCL has turned out after all.

But as for marquee don't really know, just hope they are young enough to improve more Kean and Richarlison type signings and less Sigurdsson type please.

Ollie Watkins got to be worth having a look at ..

SteveEFC89

Captain of Captains
His wiki states he “describes himself as a No.10”. We don’t need a player like him. We do however need a new prime minister. Get him in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)