• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Former Player Tim Howard

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Howard

Shite no, I think he's a decent keeper, not top bracket but a good shot stopper prone to the odd costly mistake.

Wouldn't mind replacing him but who's in our price range is better?

MainStandBlue

TEF Member
Re: Howard

I think he's good, but makes far too many mistakes, Thats why he is at Everton, If we sign Boruc, i actually think he might challenge for the first team.

Steve Smith

TEF Member

[url=http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=44116#p44116 said:
Jack » 18 Sep 2012, 13:54[/url]]Anyone else think he's shite ? Must cost us at least 10 points a season on his own.
Erm, no.
Could have done better with their goals last night, especially the first, but shite? Not a chance

Kavanini 1878

TEF Member

He's been an steal for what we paid and service we have had, I still rate him certainly no worse than Riena who the shite think is the worlds no.1

I do agree he needs a challenge for his first team spot though, he knows Mucha aint up to it so baring injury he's a guaranteed starter.

superkevcampbell

Love Islander

He's decent nothing more nothing less. It pisses me off the way he motions to release the ball quickly after coming for a cross then stops and waits for 10 seconds then hoofs it. He does it all the time.

MartSlinger

Love Islander

Apparently that ex-Celtic keeper was at Goodison last night. Looks like he is signing, lets hope he gives Howard a lot more competition than fucking Mucha.

Dolorous Edd

Lord Commander of the Nights Watch

I think he's a better goalie than most teams in the premiership have. He's prone to mistakes sometimes, but he makes more outstanding saves than he makes errors. I'm sure there's a fair few better keepers out there but there's no reason we should be looking to get rid given our limited resources and defensive record since he signed.

Dannyboy

TEF Member

I think he's been brilliant for the past two seasons. Almost faultless last year.

Shakey start this term but every goalkeeper has them, it's how he responds that's important.

[url=http://theevertonforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=44175#p44175 said:
Dolorous Edd » 18 Sep 2012, 16:35[/url]]I think he's a better goalie than most teams in the premiership have. He's prone to mistakes sometimes, but he makes more outstanding saves than he makes errors. I'm sure there's a fair few better keepers out there but there's no reason we should be looking to get rid given our limited resources and defensive record since he signed.
I think that is pretty much spot on in my opinion

OJL

TEF Member

He's started the season appallingly. At fault for 4 of the 5 goals that we conceded

gray

TEF Member

He's an average keeper that's had a less than average start to the season. He's been utter shite if we're honest. Pathetic on both goals last night.

Fitz

TEF Member

Shite? *facepalm*

Cahill gone now people need a new whipping boy? He's been a great servant and the amount of points he saved us. He was partially at fault along with a few others also.

bluerinse

Nowhere near the likes of Martyn or Southall but better than Wright, Gerrard and some of the other crap we have had in goal.

Would be good to see him actually face competion, you can see why he didn't make it at Man United- how many times does he have nothing to do then let in a goal with his first troublesome effort.

Kenny111

TEF Member

Not sure i've ever seen a keeper make the kind of saves Howard has made! Portsmouth away where he shouldered it over the bar, Scholes' shot in the 3-3 match.

But he doesn't half frustrate you at times!

Meregreen

TEF Member

He has only just signed a new 4 year deal (that should of been 2) so just gotta hope he is not about to Hit the wall

harperefc

TEF Member

Won us so many matches in the past. He's prone to make the odd mistake, but so is every keeper in the world. Just be happy he doesn't cost us games twice a month like Reina does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)