• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Theo Walcott

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Bin

Votes: 36 92.3%

• Total voters

pablo

TEF Member
He's been absolutely shite for far too long but unfortunately he still looks more of a threat on goal than Lookman does.

Gonna have to do a lot more transfer work in the Summer.
I think Lookman a cracking little player. As soon as he comes on he plays one twos and drives forward. Walcott doesn't start many moves and usually breaks them down.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Difference, as I see it, between him and Lookman... Lookman is better on the ball, more likely to find a decent pass or threatening cross. But Walcott seems to be on the move more, making runs and giving players an option. He gets slated a lot for missed chances / poor finishes, but he’s there, getting the opportunities.

Can only assume it’s his pace and willingness to make runs why Silva has gone with him more often than not.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Lookman wants to drop between the lines to get the ball, turn, get his head up and then go.

Walcott wants to get in behind between the full back and centre half. He also wants to attack the box more.

That's difference as I see it.

Last edited:

Gilroy

TEF Member
Walcott looks like a player for whom football is just a job. Not emotion at all. Never looks frustrated, angry, anxious, anything. A man who couldn't give a fuck and doesn't enjoy it..

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
I think Lookman a cracking little player. As soon as he comes on he plays one twos and drives forward. Walcott doesn't start many moves and usually breaks them down.
I think he could become a cracking player in a 4-5-1 but I don't think he'll ever flourish as a right sided forward that gets 15+ goals a season, which is what you need playing a 4-3-3.

He's your more orthodox left / right winger, and if Silva continues to play the same formation, he's not going to fit in.

Unless he suddenly starts to become a serious goal threat, and he was in Germany (shitter league, admittedly) but I just can't see him scoring 15+ goals all of a sudden. He doesn't even look like scoring half of that, unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)