• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football The Redshite Thread

Ste lucas

TEF Member
Wouldn’t even know what it’s meant to look like. First I’ve ever heard of this sort of thing.
Same here.

I've seen wall pushing but that was to do with heysal and I went probably every home and away from late 90s till when I moved up here

ScottM

TEF Member
Why the hell are they so obsessed with Net Spend?

thebluenose

TEF Member
Why the hell are they so obsessed with Net Spend?
Because when people say to them that they have actually spent big money over the years they get angry as it doesn't for their 'we're not financially doping' narrative. So they bring net spend into it to try to keep the high ground

pablo_p

TEF Member
Never met an Evertonian weaponise Hillsborough and/or make light of it. It was a tragedy which affected the entire city - red or blue. I've never seen a "crushing gesture" or fans mock the dead.

I've met loads of Evertonians who have a pop about Heysel. Rightly or wrongly, they were blamed for that and bore the brunt of the outcome.

Not saying I condone it in any way, shape or form - but it's very easy to see why Blues of a certain generation give it the big one over Heysel.

The Bucharesti '86 flag I've see a few times. IIRC a paper published a pic a few years ago and fuck all happened thereafter.

Last edited:

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Never met an Evertonian weaponise Hillsborough and/or make light of it. It was a tragedy which affected the entire city - red or blue. I've never seen a "crushing gesture" or fans mock the dead.

I've met loads of Evertonians who have a pop about Heysel. Rightly or wrongly, they were blamed for that and bore the brunt of the outcome.

Not saying I condone it in any way, shape or form - but it's very easy to see why Blues of a certain generation give it the big one over Heysel.

The Bucharesti '86 flag I've see a few times. IIRC a paper published a pic a few years ago and fuck all happened thereafter.
This almost deserves a thread of its own as Heysel is not as simple as them lot murdering 39 Italians. Once again you need to be around at the time to understand the context and I do not sing a song about the dead - I don’t like that song.
In the 80’s football hooliganism was rife and we as a country were seen as the worst. The season of 85 where our fans behaved impeccably in Rotterdam was full of violence and In one instance Millwall fans literally wrecked Luton’s stadium which led to Luton banning all away fans.
Thatcher (cunt) hated football fans and wanted to introduce ID cards to go to football; Ken Bates wanted to put up an electric fence to stop his own fans (Chelsea) getting on the pitch, but there is one area that has rarely been discussed about Heysel and that’s the year before when Liverpool played Roma in the final the year before in their own back yard and were literally ambushed after the game. Reports are that many were seriously injured and could have died.
The following year it was seen as revenge and many knew about this. The stadium was literally falling apart and LFC and the British government complained beforehand about the state of it but nothing was done.
There were fans of clubs from both countries there. The NF were there (which is where the Chelsea reference comes from) and ultimately it was liverpool fans that ran at the Juventus fans and the wall crumbled killing 39 people. Running at fans was common in those days - you saw it at many matches.
It was an era that you can’t really imagine would have existed when you think about football today being a family game.
For some reason it’s almost deleted from anything Liverpool associate themselves with and that is wrong. Yes the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose but Liverpool fans caused it by running at the Juve fans and their arrogance (Stau flag in the Kop) and the way they did nothing to remember the 39 (until they played them in early 200’s) is just one of many reasons why they are seen to be ashamed of nothing they do.
As fans we can be rightfully bitter about the fact that we were banned from Europe when we were on the verge of being one of the best in Europe - especially as our fans were superbly behaved in Rotterdam.

Mug

TEF Member
There was fighting all day long in Brussels even that dickhead Evans has apparently admitted being part of it in some book he wrote. Liverpool fans went looking for trouble that day intently and the repercussions effected all English clubs. In those days and on that day shops and bars where commonly plundered and robbed by that lot, they’ve not changed, there’s a reason Fifa have called them “the worst fans in Europe”. All clubs have these elements in their supporter base but they’ve not learnt and it’s worse much worse than others.

pablo_p

TEF Member
This almost deserves a thread of its own as Heysel is not as simple as them lot murdering 39 Italians. Once again you need to be around at the time to understand the context and I do not sing a song about the dead - I don’t like that song.
In the 80’s football hooliganism was rife and we as a country were seen as the worst. The season of 85 where our fans behaved impeccably in Rotterdam was full of violence and In one instance Millwall fans literally wrecked Luton’s stadium which led to Luton banning all away fans.
Thatcher (cunt) hated football fans and wanted to introduce ID cards to go to football; Ken Bates wanted to put up an electric fence to stop his own fans (Chelsea) getting on the pitch, but there is one area that has rarely been discussed about Heysel and that’s the year before when Liverpool played Roma in the final the year before in their own back yard and were literally ambushed after the game. Reports are that many were seriously injured and could have died.
The following year it was seen as revenge and many knew about this. The stadium was literally falling apart and LFC and the British government complained beforehand about the state of it but nothing was done.
There were fans of clubs from both countries there. The NF were there (which is where the Chelsea reference comes from) and ultimately it was liverpool fans that ran at the Juventus fans and the wall crumbled killing 39 people. Running at fans was common in those days - you saw it at many matches.
It was an era that you can’t really imagine would have existed when you think about football today being a family game.
For some reason it’s almost deleted from anything Liverpool associate themselves with and that is wrong. Yes the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose but Liverpool fans caused it by running at the Juve fans and their arrogance (Stau flag in the Kop) and the way they did nothing to remember the 39 (until they played them in early 200’s) is just one of many reasons why they are seen to be ashamed of nothing they do.
As fans we can be rightfully bitter about the fact that we were banned from Europe when we were on the verge of being one of the best in Europe - especially as our fans were superbly behaved in Rotterdam.
Agree with you, mate.

I don't sing about this type of stuff myself either, but I fully understand why a lot of us get so wound up about it.

I do take issue with how we're always painted in a bad/negative light, though. As I do believe that (thanks to their media presence) a lot of fans across tue country take it all on-board.

As has been said, the country suffered as a result of that day. I'm not well enough informed to talk about it, but it is a widely-held belief by pretty much everyone connected to the sport (both Evertonian and neutral) that we would've dominated in the season(s) which followed.

What galls me is how their fans are almost always venerated for their behaviour. Even as recent as the idiot in Barca police have a name, presumably address/contact info - yet the local rag was writing him off as a sort of "cheeky-chappie" the other week.

The song is in poor taste, TBF, but they're the ones who perpetuate it's validity with their behaviour. And until the media turn on them, it'll never change.

Mug

TEF Member
I was going to say that’s probably a blag account so I clicked on to look and was amazed to see they’ve got a few thousand followers.

I guess there’s just no excuse for being a cunt.

jon

Global Moderator
What did it say? Account suspended. And isn't Evans just continuing the "Heysel wasn't detrimental to Everton" line with that tweet above?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)