• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football The Redshite Thread

jon

Global Moderator
SO, an Evertonian provides a reasoned rebuttal and Evans initial reaction is "Oh do fuck off". Top journalistic debate there.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
I normally like listening to Tony Evans but that article is a complete load of bollocks. He’s right that we didn’t sing the victims song before Hillsborough - it started after they wore those t shirts which he admits his club were a disgrace for doing.
Everton fans started that song and yes it refers to Heysel where we lost the chance to play in the European cup but it has and will never have any reference to Hillsborough.
As for the Man City song - the reference of battered on the streets could mean anything but I do think the City players were stupid singing it and whoever recorded it and put it on social media is more of an idiot.

ScottM

TEF Member
The problem with Tony Evans is, he has a load of gobshites who’ll believe what he writes.

I retweeted that yesterday, along with the reasonable and measured response from an Evertonian and I got all sorts of replies with links to an article from 2001 where we had to apologise for a few fans interrupting a minute’s silence for Hillsborough (which I don’t remember) along with statements such as “Everton did nothing before the public enquiry”.

The narrative ta few Kopites try to spin that we joke or chant about Hillsborough is appalling given that fans who wear both blue and red lost people that day, including myself.

‘Always the victims’ started after King Kenny and his team of blurts wore shirts to support one of their players who was found guilty of racist abuse. Is it now sung in reference to Heysel? Absolutely. If I have a Kopite giving it the ‘five times’ nonsense to me, I usually reply, that we might have won a couple if we hadn’t been banned from Europe; then come the ‘bitter’ shouts and ‘Chelsea fans’ bollocks and yet they celebrate the fact Steau Bucharesti won it in 1986.

Even as recent as that sad old cunt of a fan of theirs, throwing homeless people into fountains, pouring beer on people in restaurants and pantsing a steward - they all go with the narrative of ‘Liverpool fan’ always in speechmarks and ‘not one of ours’; despite a huge crowd of loveable reds in replica shirts laughing along and one making a racist a comment when they were in Barcelona.

Must have been Chelsea fans.

What happened to Sean Cox is a tragedy, don’t get me wrong. Nobody should go to a football game and be assaulted. But what were their fans doing while he was getting done in outside Anfield? Filming it on their phones. Absolutely pathetic. I can tell you know, no chance would a small group of away fans be taking liberties like that outside Goodison Park. Shithouse fans for a shithouse club.

Crying in the stands, battered in the streets? Doesn’t mention Sean Cox at all. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story or to deflect from the fact you were 7 points clear in the league and bottled it.

They’re the most hated club in the land and they can’t stand being ‘everyones’ second club anymore, if they even ever were anyway.

Come on Spurs.

Ste lucas

TEF Member

Ste lucas

TEF Member
The problem with Tony Evans is, he has a load of gobshites who’ll believe what he writes.

I retweeted that yesterday, along with the reasonable and measured response from an Evertonian and I got all sorts of replies with links to an article from 2001 where we had to apologise for a few fans interrupting a minute’s silence for Hillsborough (which I don’t remember) along with statements such as “Everton did nothing before the public enquiry”.

I was at that game. It was a small section in the park end. Basically late coming evertonians coming in to the stands singing Everton songs during it. Then oyherbstands sshhing and booing. The ref stopped it half way through

graeme

TEF Member
Isn't it crazy that in this modern age of cameras, microphones, mobile phones that not once has there been a video or any sound clips of Everton fans singing about Hillsborough although they insist it happens every year.

It makes me absolutely sick that this gets mentioned every possible opportunity with no credible evidence whatsoever.

They need to realise that it didn't just hurt their club it hurt the city as a whole. Evertonians would no doubt have also lost family and friends at Hillsborough so to suggest we would sing about it is absolutely disgusting.

Dixie

Elite Member
Isn't it crazy that in this modern age of cameras, microphones, mobile phones that not once has there been a video or any sound clips of Everton fans singing about Hillsborough although they insist it happens every year.

It makes me absolutely sick that this gets mentioned every possible opportunity with no credible evidence whatsoever.

They need to realise that it didn't just hurt their club it hurt the city as a whole. Evertonians would no doubt have also lost family and friends at Hillsborough so to suggest we would sing about it is absolutely disgusting.
It's what I always say to them. "Loads of blues. Whole sections of the stand doing it"

Well fucking take a quick pic then, it would be all over the Echo and probably the national papers too.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander

There’s a big difference between fans singing and a few morons which every club has. As a club we have always been side by side with them on this issue and yes we all know family or people who were there or involved.
I have seen a few of our fans doing the crushing sign but that’s a few out of thousands. Morons exist everywhere and all it now needs is one tweet from a so called fan which means the whole fan base are scum. This gets on my tits.
The only fan base I know that sings about Hillsborough is United fans. They were singing ‘The Sun was right - you’re murderers’ and those fans literally do hate each other. Liverpool fans were singing the Munich song for years at United fans but that seems to have gone unnoticed.
Tony Evans should try and understand why people sing the songs at them and why they have gone from being a team people admired to most people’s hated team (apart from their local rivals). Hillsborough has nothing to do with it.

ScottM

TEF Member
My United mates know not to sing Hillsborough stuff around me but I have no doubt that they do it when I’m not around or they’re at games. It’s almost an accepted thing among Manchester United to make jokes about it, but then they express outrage should anyone mention Munich.

United and Liverpool fans are far more similar than they might think.

Rich

Global Moderator
There’s a big difference between fans singing and a few morons which every club has. As a club we have always been side by side with them on this issue and yes we all know family or people who were there or involved.
I have seen a few of our fans doing the crushing sign but that’s a few out of thousands. Morons exist everywhere and all it now needs is one tweet from a so called fan which means the whole fan base are scum. This gets on my tits.
The only fan base I know that sings about Hillsborough is United fans. They were singing ‘The Sun was right - you’re murderers’ and those fans literally do hate each other. Liverpool fans were singing the Munich song for years at United fans but that seems to have gone unnoticed.
Tony Evans should try and understand why people sing the songs at them and why they have gone from being a team people admired to most people’s hated team (apart from their local rivals). Hillsborough has nothing to do with it.
I have never seen any blue doing the crushing sign tbh

Mug

TEF Member
The faux outrage at any songs or comments made about their general behaviour and downright false interpretations that lead everything back to the events at Hillsborough is more shameful and disrespectful to the memories of those people that died and their families than anything else. I’ve said this for years, they should be more ashamed of these people who continually perpetuate this nonsense as a form of diverting attention away than what they’re actually being mocked for. What’s not helping matters is ignorant arrogant journalists now jumping on the bandwagon and pointing accusing fingers with no proof or evidence that’s a new take on all this old bollocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)