• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football The England Football team

Do you want England to win?

• Yes, always

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Sometimes, I like this team but it depends on the players/manager

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No, I don't relate, lower league fans and southerners, mate

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, I'm not from England

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

pablo_p

TEF Member
What's your starting XI out of that pile of shite?

Pickford
Arnold - Stones - Maguire - Chilwell
Dier - - - Henderson
Barkley
Sterling - - - Kane - - - Sancho
Would've went with Walker over TAA, but he's been absolute turd in recent weeks. Appreciate people will laugh at Barkey over Alli, but he offers more in the AM role, IMO.

Interested to see this Sancho in the flesh as well. Heard good things.

All in all, that squad won't do anything special. Pickford and Kane aside, I don't think there's a good amount of 'real' quality. Henderson comes alive for Southgate, but I've never rated him and he falls short of the 'excellent' bracket for me. Dier is dire - but who else is there?

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
Loftus Cheek and Hudson-Odoi are 'enfprced' big misses but looks as expected with the exception of Redmond.

Southgate has made average players fit his playing style before, this is a new and refreshing era - it'll be an absolutely massive step for us to win this and going by how open Ajax are we have every chance.
Huh? What have Ajax got to do with it?

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
What's your starting XI out of that pile of shite?

Pickford
Arnold - Stones - Maguire - Chilwell
Dier - - - Henderson
Barkley
Sterling - - - Kane - - - Sancho
Would've went with Walker over TAA, but he's been absolute turd in recent weeks. Appreciate people will laugh at Barkey over Alli, but he offers more in the AM role, IMO.

Interested to see this Sancho in the flesh as well. Heard good things.

All in all, that squad won't do anything special. Pickford and Kane aside, I don't think there's a good amount of 'real' quality. Henderson comes alive for Southgate, but I've never rated him and he falls short of the 'excellent' bracket for me. Dier is dire - but who else is there?
Declan Rice has a strong claim to holding mid imo, Ali would be in for me after returning to form in the second leg - see how he does in the CL final

MLWEFC

A lot of the Dutch play for them and bad habits picked up at club level can be hard to shake off
I don't think they are setup anything like Ajax but it looks like both sides will be without their best players for this match anyway.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
If the Chelsea pair hadn't been injured England could have had up to twelve players, as it is we have ten, in the EUFA club finals with the Dutch only having VvD, that's a huge advantage for them as a consequence of how successful English teams have been in European competition this season.

MLWEFC

If the Chelsea pair hadn't been injured England could have had up to twelve players, as it is we have ten, in the EUFA club finals with the Dutch only having VvD, that's a huge advantage for them as a consequence of how successful English teams have been in European competition this season.
Wijnaldum, too.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Still a disproportionate number of ten to two, still a massive disadvantage due to our own successful club sides.

He'll also have to take into account the effects of winning and losing a final so close to this match in his selection.

Spurs winning is easily the best outcome possible

MLWEFC

Whoever is involved in the champions league final almost certainly shouldn't be involved in the 1st match.

Win or lose, they'll be mentally shattered. Win and they'll be drunk for days, too. These players will not be giving the 'UEFA nations league' a 2nd thought.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Pickford
Walker Stones Keane Chilwell
Barkley Rice Lingard
Sancho Rashford Sterling

Alternatives to start include Maguire, Ward-Prowse and Wilson.

That doesn't have anybody in the CL final and could probably work alright in the NL semi.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Whoever is involved in the champions league final almost certainly shouldn't be involved in the 1st match.

Win or lose, they'll be mentally shattered. Win and they'll be drunk for days, too. These players will not be giving the 'UEFA nations league' a 2nd thought.
Yes and unfortunately that could be the decisive factor, heavily punished by our own success

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
I'm not even his biggest fan but it's laughable that Alli, Barkley, Redmond, Lingard and Delph are in ANY squad before James Maddison, based on the seasons form.

There's no doubt in my mind Barkley is a better play than Maddison but if he's not getting the minutes, why should he be picked? He wasn't whilst an Everton player and our 2nd best player at that.
I am is his biggest fan and I agree with you! WTF has Delph done?
And Harry Winks hasn’t played for months?
There’s a very good first 11 there but the rest of the squad are average.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Pickford
TAA Stones Maguire Chilwell
Rice Henderson Ali
Sterling Kane Sancho

Rich

Secretly watches love island
I am is his biggest fan and I agree with you! WTF has Delph done?
And Harry Winks hasn’t played for months?
There’s a very good first 11 there but the rest of the squad are average.
Probably a dressing room thing mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)