• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football The England Football team

Do you want England to win?

• Yes, always

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Sometimes, I like this team but it depends on the players/manager

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No, I don't relate, lower league fans and southerners, mate

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, I'm not from England

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

mr.flibble

TEF Member
jesus christ look at those fixtures. Glory or failure. I am worried about those 3 league games around the champions league game. Fully expecting the shite to have the advantage by the time the month is over.

Brighton - Win
Spurs - Draw
Palace - Lose
Spurs - Win
Spurs - Win
United - Draw
Burnley - Win

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
Good job they've got a squad that costs about one billion pounds, then!

I just don't agree with pulling out of the national squad. As has just been noted, it's not like they're players that have played a lot lately.

Fabian Delph was laughable against Swansea and whilst I don't rate him highly anyway, that's surely down to the lack of minutes he's had in general?

aberonn

TEF Member
just seen Hudson Odoi has been called up to the England squad. The lad hasnt started a single game for Chelsea in the league this season, he has a few sub apps totaling less than 2 hours of football. Very talented prospect no doubt, but it shows how small the English player pool must be if a kid without a start for his team in the league is getting called up to the national team.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
just seen Hudson Odoi has been called up to the England squad. The lad hasnt started a single game for Chelsea in the league this season, he has a few sub apps totaling less than 2 hours of football. Very talented prospect no doubt, but it shows how small the English player pool must be if a kid without a start for his team in the league is getting called up to the national team.
It is small and he’s clearly got talent. Would much rather see him in there than Fabian Delph.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
The u21's have some good prospects at the moment. Playing some lovely stuff.

Nelson, Lookman, Maddison, Dowell, Foden, DCL.

Kenny almost scored a screamer just now. Worldie save from the keeper denied him.

Interesting to see Dowell playing in an orthodox CM role and looking good.

AngusYoung

TEF Member
Kenny is so comfortable in this U21 team, I think there is a decent player in there, but could do with a move to a good championship team.

MLWEFC

Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier in midfield doesn't get my juices flowing.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Some posters on other sites, especially the celts have been out in force complaining about England and some of the fans and media who follow them

Fans reflect our society and come from all backgrounds, you can't take any views and project them on everyone.

I support England mainly because being English I prefer them to do well rather than another nation.

Perhaps if I was Scottish I might seriously think about supporting another nation.

MLWEFC

I'm not even his biggest fan but it's laughable that Alli, Barkley, Redmond, Lingard and Delph are in ANY squad before James Maddison, based on the seasons form.

There's no doubt in my mind Barkley is a better play than Maddison but if he's not getting the minutes, why should he be picked? He wasn't whilst an Everton player and our 2nd best player at that.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Loftus Cheek and Hudson-Odoi are 'enfprced' big misses but looks as expected with the exception of Redmond.

Southgate has made average players fit his playing style before, this is a new and refreshing era - it'll be an absolutely massive step for us to win this and going by how open Ajax are we have every chance.

Nine players could be involved in the CL final

• Winks, Kane, Ali, Dier, Rose and Trippier
  • Henderson, TAA and Gomez (Gomez unlikely to start)

Last edited:
Has Harry Winks played more than 3 matches the last 6 months? Been injured hasn't he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)