• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football The England Football team

Do you want England to win?

• Yes, always

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Sometimes, I like this team but it depends on the players/manager

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No, I don't relate, lower league fans and southerners, mate

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, I'm not from England

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Walker

TEF Member
I don't mind this bunch, one or two twats but mostly OK compared to the days of Gerrard, Terry, Cole, Neville etc.

I'll cheer them on in the games, only for the fact that the further we go the more I have an excuse to go for beers.

I enjoy England at tournaments on the whole. I always want them to win.

mr.flibble

TEF Member
Not a massive fan of international football but do enjoy the major tournaments. I do find it hard to back players that every other week I can not stand, i.e. Jordan Fucking Henderson and every other Liverpool, United, Chelsea, City knobhead in the squad. .

IRISHBLUE101

Global Moderator
Not from England of course but I generally dont mind if they go a bit further in tournaments. Gives me a bit more interest in watching.
I wouldnt be arsed seeing them win the thing like Liverpool in the Champions League. Same as the Champions League I doubt i would have watched the final at all if Liverpool hadn't of made it through.

ScottM

TEF Member
I like England a lot better now that gobshites like Gerrard and Carragher are nowhere near it.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I used to love them as a kid.

There hasn't been so much as a fraction of the passion for the game since the '96 and '98 sides. Euro 96 was the pinnacle for me. When they went out, I was devastated. Everton had recently won an FA Cup and now England, who I could celebrate with all my mates and family were on. It crippled me watching them fall. I was only 8/9 but it ruined me for a good week or two that.

I find myself getting behind them more and more towards the tournaments, though. Like now, I can't wait to watch the matches; but I'll really want them to smash it 5 mins before kick off.

More excited this year as my little lad is 15 months and he's walking about and kicking the little plazzy flyaways we've bought him. So to be able to watch with him (if it'll hold his attention) will be ace.

Best I've felt watching them in years. They seem a hungry bunch who will give it a good go as well.
I'm shocked, as I thought Southgate was out of his depth. But he is doing a really good job so far and brought a bit of feelgood factor back.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I'm shocked, as I thought Southgate was out of his depth. But he is doing a really good job so far and brought a bit of feelgood factor back.
Not 100% sold on it myself, if I'm being honest.

Massive improvement on what's come before him as he actually has a system; but I worry it's a bit of a false dawn as they all seem to put their Club teams over the National one - which is where I think England have come undone for years. The Germans, Spanish, Brazilians et al - all seem to *LOVE* playing for their National side. We don't.

Think we'll finish 2nd but a side of any quality will pick us apart. Think they're missing a Barry-type DM, personally. They seem to give it to Dier as he can slot into a CB role - which is evidence that Southgate is streets ahead of Gravy tits and Hodgson, at least.

Not 100% sold on it myself, if I'm being honest.

Massive improvement on what's come before him as he actually has a system; but I worry it's a bit of a false dawn as they all seem to put their Club teams over the National one - which is where I think England have come undone for years. The Germans, Spanish, Brazilians et al - all seem to *LOVE* playing for their National side. We don't.

Think we'll finish 2nd but a side of any quality will pick us apart. Think they're missing a Barry-type DM, personally. They seem to give it to Dier as he can slot into a CB role - which is evidence that Southgate is streets ahead of Gravy tits and Hodgson, at least.
I think they will do okay as they have loads of pace and are quite comfortable on the ball.

Not saying we will win it, but it will be an improvement on what has come before and that is all you can ask. We will stand more of a chance in the next Euros and World Cup.

Potrik

TEF Member
Always want them to win their games but the majority of the time I’m not arsed in the slightest when they lose.

A bit like Everto last season.

bignevruled

TEF Member
Yes everytime. International football is much more important to me than club football. I would take England winning a major tournament over everything else easily

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
I've always wondered what it would be like here (in England) if they won the World Cup. What do we reckon?

Wouldn't be many in work on the Monday.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I think they will do okay as they have loads of pace and are quite comfortable on the ball.

Not saying we will win it, but it will be an improvement on what has come before and that is all you can ask. We will stand more of a chance in the next Euros and World Cup.
I have us going out to Colombia in the last 16. Thinking about it, I could be wrong as Colombia might be too reliant on Rodriguez and Falcao; but it's the spirit of our team which I doubt. They're all too arsed about their celebrations and handshakes for my liking.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
I have us going out to Colombia in the last 16. Thinking about it, I could be wrong as Colombia might be too reliant on Rodriguez and Falcao; but it's the spirit of our team which I doubt. They're all too arsed about their celebrations and handshakes for my liking.
I've got us beating them and going out to Germany in the quarters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)