• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread The Cup Final

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
If Watford win the cup then United will have to play in the pre-qualifying rounds of the Europa

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Yes that'll be funny and will knock them back in trying to get stars into a club already in crisis.

Against that is yet another season of the prem having two proper teams in the Europa and one joke of a team who would normally struggle to even make the group phase - Watford tbf would bypass this if they won.

Wolves at least will almost certainly get through to the group phase and have twelve or more Europa games (in total), which will make any progress, or even standing still, in the league almost impossible imo.

Last edited:

DwightSchrute

TEF Member
Seems dead this year with no build up or excitement, think its just because its City vs an average prem side and its seems a foregone conclusion

kev1

I love Bobby. Such a shame it didn’t work out for us as he’s a genuine bloke and he got the club. If only he practiced how to defend.

McLovin

Love Islander who is shagging an ex-24 year old
Was just thinking that. That was the first season I started supporting the blues.
Season after for me. Don’t remember 84 final but the 85 one broke my heart. Pretty good season to start supporting though. But as a 7 year old, fan cup was what meant the most.

kev1

Season after for me. Don’t remember 84 final but the 85 one broke my heart. Pretty good season to start supporting though. But as a 7 year old, fan cup was what meant the most.
It was 13 years since we last won a trophy and at the time it was made out that it was a lifetime!!
At least I can die saying I’ve seen us win the league and cup. I’m not sure some of today’s supporters will be able to say that.

Hugo's left kidney

Not a corrupt CDPA panelist
It was 13 years since we last won a trophy and at the time it was made out that it was a lifetime!!
At least I can die saying I’ve seen us win the league and cup. I’m not sure some of today’s supporters will be able to say that.
Roger Moore dead

See, it works Mr Kirk @Mr Kirk

kev1

Road to Wembley now - a reminder of how shite we were mid season.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
Looking forward to it but hard to see anything other than a Man City win.

I'm desperate to see us win it soon or even just to go deep again. I am a fan of the semi-finals being at Wembley as they've been boss weekends on the ale in London. The Saturday before our game against Man United was one of the best days I've had on the ale. Blues everywhere and well behaved.
I'm more of a traditionalist, as much as I enjoyed the piss ups in Silverspoons for the semi's at Wembley** I'd rather that be kept for the final. We could have the semi's at Cardiff's Millennium stadium or other grounds like The Emirates, Tottenham, St James', Etihad, Old Trafford - all depending who's playing in the Semi's, the Midlands has got fuck all to offer now, Villa Park is ancient.

** anyone who went to Silverspoons for the Man U semi remember the barmaid who was the spitting image of Yazz (you have to be over a certain age!) except she was black :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)