• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread The Cup Final

Fozastuta

TEF Member
The hysterical element and permanently offended nature has truly engulfed top flight football. Everyone is a shit cheat. You can be lambasted for a tweet you did when you were 12. It's pathetic.

I went to a few non league games this season, it was like going back 25 years when football had a hardness to it and I don't think any cunt from Ohio or Bangladesh tweeted about their outrage after the game and I didn't see one selfie stick.

pablo

TEF Member
There have bee questions over city's bending if FFP for some time and more significantly for me, the political motives of their owners. But it's too the RS to give a shit about it to get some coverage.

pablo

TEF Member
Gutted for Watford. I'm not arsed about recent sniping, they are a proper football club and a million miles from catching our trophy haul.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
There have bee questions over city's bending if FFP for some time and more significantly for me, the political motives of their owners. But it's too the RS to give a shit about it to get some coverage.
It's the timing of the line of questioning. The info that Rob Harris was referring to came out a while ago.

Why does he wait after they win the domestic treble, with a record equalling cup final win, to bring it out?

And then it's the fact he's all made up with himself in his tweets. He's either a gutted Watford fan or a rattled Liverpool fan hitting out the only way he knows how, or just a cunt.

This guy is another idiot but I agree with him here...

Last edited:

boris

TEF Member
No one seems to mention Liverpool being spared the implications of being put into administration for there financial mismanagement which allowed there owners to buy the club cheap and then invest heavily in the team.

They also seem to ignore that Liverpool spent almost £250 million on players last year whilst City bought Mahrez for £60 million.

mr_pib

TEF Member
No one seems to mention Liverpool being spared the implications of being put into administration for there financial mismanagement which allowed there owners to buy the club cheap and then invest heavily in the team.

They also seem to ignore that Liverpool spent almost £250 million on players last year whilst City bought Mahrez for £60 million.
Or that Klopp’s only spent £80 million less than Guardiola over the past 3 years.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod

If Liverpool won a cup final 6-0 we wouldn't be seeing the likes of this. That's for sure.

The higher ups wouldn't allow this tone

pablo

TEF Member
It's the timing of the line of questioning. The info that Rob Harris was referring to came out a while ago.

Why does he wait after they win the domestic treble, with a record equalling cup final win, to bring it out?

And then it's the fact he's all made up with himself in his tweets. He's either a gutted Watford fan or a rattled Liverpool fan hitting our the only way he knows how, or just a cunt.

I think there are a lot of questions for city to answer, FFP is only one of them. The political use of the club for access to Western influence is probably more important.
The timing of this is because of the rs and the influence they have in the media. That pissed me off but it seems it was necessary.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Gutted for Watford. I'm not arsed about recent sniping, they are a proper football club and a million miles from catching our trophy haul.
I agree mate and find it strange how everyone wanted them to lose. They are a club who have established themselves in the prem and have a decent fan base.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
I wanted them to lose because they were absolute cunts over the Silva situation.

Not to mention their official Twitter and their fans.

Wish it was 9
The fact that we had to pay them £4m shows that we probably didn’t act in the best way either.
And tbh I’m not even arsed about it. They are a good family club and their fans stayed until the end. There were probably more Watford fans at the end than City.

Reactions: Mug

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
The fact that we had to pay them £4m shows that we probably didn’t act in the best way either.
And tbh I’m not even arsed about it. They are a good family club and their fans stayed until the end. There were probably more Watford fans at the end than City.
Bear in mind City have been to Wembley for the Community Shield, Carabao Cup, FA Cup Semi final and now Final.

Not to mention a cup final a year for the last however many years. It was clearly a far bigger occasion for Watford, being their first final since 85.

As for the Silva thing, I will never know how we were forced to pay for a manager who was unemployed.

Then the way they then tried to act like we were a comparable club got under my skin.

I know they're a family club but they can stay in their lane.

AngusYoung

TEF Member

And then it's the fact he's all made up with himself in his tweets. He's either a gutted Watford fan or a rattled Liverpool fan hitting our the only way he knows how, or just a cunt.

I dislike Martin Samuel usually but he is spot on with that, plus the RS have spent a billion pound over the last 6 years, so it's not as if they have done it on a budget.

ScottM

TEF Member
I wanted City to win because of the belter running the Watford twitter account and also for more Kopite fewm.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
City have upset the natural order of things which has upset some clubs quite a lot. Yes City have spent a lot but then so have Liverpool. I think Ut spent the most on wages this season and not city.

I dont see the hand wringing when the top 6 clubs cherry pick the best players of the lower down clubs. I dont see the media complaining when Utd are buying Pogba for record fees, When Madrid are hoovering up the worlds best talent. Thats the natural order in action. Liverpool fans weren't up in arms protesting when the Arabs were trying to buy their club.

The fact is city now have a very good manager who is dominating the league. They are also the richest club. The same could be said for Chelsea under Mourinho in his first spell and Utd under Ferguson at various spells. Liverpool weren't really rivals then though so the teeth gnashing of the media was strangely absent.

Until a salary cap is introduced that allows all clubs to compete on an equal footing this is all noise with little substance. City never dominated pre Guardiola. Sure they won but its Guardiola who has tipped them over the top. is the oil money funding it unethical? Sure probably it is. Is Abramovich's money ethical? Is John W Henrys? Moshiris? I doubt it in all honesty.

The fact is liverpool fans will moan about financial doping etc but would they and their owners approve a system that gives everyone a level playing field and reduces the advantage they have over 17 other premier league sides? i seriously doubt it.

pablo

TEF Member
I agree mate and find it strange how everyone wanted them to lose. They are a club who have established themselves in the prem and have a decent fan base.
Agree, plus city are hoovering up trophies and rather than us focussing on them catching us we are hung up about their Twitter account.

MLWEFC

Love Islander
Waving plastic snakes around and having half-time sing-a-longs. Watford are grim.

It is inevitable that Man City catch our (and other clubs) trophy haul with the spending they have done, that's another matter entirely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)