• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread The Cup Final

pablo

TEF Member
Needs it's own thread imho. It used to be the biggest football day of the year. My memories of roasting hot weather, getting up to watch full day TV coverage from 9am showing the route to the final, the teams recording songs and buying suits. Looking forward to today's games. Best cup competition in football for me. Can't wait for Everton to be doing well in it again.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Looking forward to it but hard to see anything other than a Man City win.

I'm desperate to see us win it soon or even just to go deep again. I am a fan of the semi-finals being at Wembley as they've been boss weekends on the ale in London. The Saturday before our game against Man United was one of the best days I've had on the ale. Blues everywhere and well behaved.

T1878

Love Islander

I'm desperate to see us win it soon or even just to go deep again. I am a fan of the semi-finals being at Wembley as they've been boss weekends on the ale in London. The Saturday before our game against Man United was one of the best days I've had on the ale. Blues everywhere and well behaved.
That semi weekend was class, aside from the result.

Side note, I’m sure you must be an insomniac.

pablo

TEF Member

I agree. Trips to the big city are always good as much as villa park and old Trafford where handy.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
I want to see Watford fans cry today, not just the kids either, men, women, gender fluid cats, Elton fucking John.

Every single one of those plastic twats.

Mug

TEF Member
I know they’ve got a bottomless pit and probably the best manager ever but it’ll still be an incredible if City win all 3 domestic trophy’s.

Wonder how many empty seats there’ll be in the City end today?

Rich

Openly watches anything but love island
I'd put it on something else, Man City have won their last 10 games against Watford and have scored about 20 against them in the last 5.
Funny you should say that. There’s a ‘football commentator cliche’ market on SkyBet, whcih looks like a bit of fun.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
More build up to the League Cup final than this. As I said in another thread - If it’s not on Sky it doesn’t exist.
I’d like Watford to do it. Fuck City - I’ve had enough supporting them this season!

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Funny you should say that. There’s a ‘football commentator cliche’ market on SkyBet, whcih looks like a bit of fun.
Is there a price for them mentioning Liverpool being in the champions league final about a dozen times? I'd go for that.

I've done this on will hill

Each Team Over 3 Corners & Each Team Over 1 Card
9/1

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
More build up to the League Cup final than this. As I said in another thread - If it’s not on Sky it doesn’t exist.
I’d like Watford to do it. Fuck City - I’ve had enough supporting them this season!
This, tbh i forgot it was even on today, except I want City to hammer them.

Watford will have bitter disappointment and a bottom half finish to show as an achievement in their best season ever.

Will emphasise just how small time they are.

Last edited:

ScottM

Top Everton ITK
Want City to win, especially after all the ‘banter’ from the official Watford twitter account about Silva when they were above us in the table. Fuck the small time cunts.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
I know they’ve got a bottomless pit and probably the best manager ever but it’ll still be an incredible if City win all 3 domestic trophy’s.

Wonder how many empty seats there’ll be in the City end today?
This domestic final seems to all be a bit like after the Lord Mayor's show, after the hugely absorbing title run and just before the big European finals, an interlude almost forgotten about, even the exciting week of playoffs has overshadowed it.

There'll still be quite a few spaces today in the City end I reckon despite the 'paid for by the players' free coaches laid on. This is nothing compared to the title, just a nice add-on at the end to complete the treble, or quadruple in Pep's eyes, as he still laughably insists on including the charity shield.

For clubs as big as City its major honours that count, and they've won one and lost out in one, the domestic cups are merely steps towards counting honours at the end of the season and seeing whether its a treble or better.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)