• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Tennis

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Murray done, Roger finished. It's all set up for him to have a very special couple of years and I don't doubt that he will take advantage of it.

BIG SAM

TEF Member
Admittedly I don't watch much tennis, but I've never seen Nadal beaten so comprehensively. It was a thrashing. Djokovic humiliated him out there.

bluerinse

It was a brilliant performance but it also highlighted why I don't like his style.

He's almost robotic.

Absolutely a great player so take nothing away from him, but still.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate

Oh Andy, just knock it on the head mate.
It's something he needed to have regardless of carrying on mate, just to help him in day to day life.

I think we will see him play the 1st round match at Wimbledon, as a good bye, and that will be that. He's extremely unlikely to get anyone easy because of his ranking, so impossible to see him progressing any further that.

bluerinse

It's something he needed to have regardless of carrying on mate, just to help him in day to day life.

I think we will see him play the 1st round match at Wimbledon, as a good bye, and that will be that. He's extremely unlikely to get anyone easy because of his ranking, so impossible to see him progressing any further that.
I thought he said it was;

Play Wimbeldon as was, without op.

Have op and try for a comeback

?

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
I thought he said it was;

Play Wimbeldon as was, without op.

Have op and try for a comeback

?
Sounds like he was in that much pain on a day to day basis that he had to have another op now. When is Wimbledon this year? At least 5 months away. Time to heal and then have the swansong. Probably have his hip completely replaced after that.

It's so shit. He should be in his peak now, and if he was there's no doubt we would've seen a much better final on Sunday.

bluerinse

Sounds like he was in that much pain on a day to day basis that he had to have another op now. When is Wimbledon this year? At least 5 months away. Time to heal and then have the swansong. Probably have his hip completely replaced after that.

It's so shit. He should be in his peak now, and if he was there's no doubt we would've seen a much better final on Sunday.
It's gutting for him to have never won at Melbourne, with all those finals. Even in the 1 match he played at 50/60% fit, we saw enough to see there's still that special something about him - just such a shame his body won't allow him to go to the well every other day for a fortnight.

Do you know what op he had, did he go for the metal hip that one of the Bryan brothers had done?

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
It's gutting for him to have never won at Melbourne, with all those finals. Even in the 1 match he played at 50/60% fit, we saw enough to see there's still that special something about him - just such a shame his body won't allow him to go to the well every other day for a fortnight.

Do you know what op he had, did he go for the metal hip that one of the Bryan brothers had done?
Looks like someone has glued his leg and hip together with a giant lollipop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46916064

bluerinse

Looks like someone has glued his leg and hip together with a giant lollipop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46916064

It must be hard for him to just accept it's over and jack it all in - especially when he's just had that buzz of a big grand slam match, when he put in a performance much better than most expected (maybe even himself).

Way before the injury I always thought that he'd go on into his mid-30s and might even bow out by doing a year of doubles with his brother - I wonder if that might be an option for his farewell at Wimbledon.

I'd like to think his career would've inspired somebody to make the sacrifice required to be the next British tennis player who's a world beater, but from what he said the other week, I don't there's anybody who's taken on the mantle. I can't be arsed with another Hemnan-esque era where getting to a quarter or a semi is a triumph.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Can't really stick Konta tbh, I've seen her crying on court about 3 times and she's completely lost the plot over the last few months.
Anyone see the theatrics from her today? Utterly embarrassing.

I've never known a tennis player to cry so much over absolutely nothing.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
I saw on twitter she 'collapsed' - what was it?
"collapsed" halfway through the match. No explanation. In floods of tears, literally keeled over on the floor. Then was absolutely fine to carry on.

She's a complete dickhead.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Off work today so I'm watching the dubai championship. Ostapenko has pressed the self-destruct button against Brady. She's been struggling with a wrist injury for quite a while now.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Andy Murray says he is "pain free" after hip surgery but that his chances of playing singles at Wimbledon this year are "less than 50%".

Murray had hip resurfacing surgery in January - which he said meant there was a "strong possibility" he would not be able to play professionally again.

The three-time Grand Slam champion said it was the only option if he wanted to return to the court competitively.

"The rehab is slow but going well," the 31-year-old Briton told BBC Sport.

"I want to continue playing, I said that in Australia. The issue is I don't know whether it's possible."

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)