• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Steven Naismith

Great news! Important player!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Great news - one of the few players who have overcome the boo boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andycm81

TEF Member
He's gone from an absolute nothing signing that couldn't do anything right to one of our key players. I'm absolutely made up that he's proved me, and the boo boys wrong.

Well deserved new contract, and seemingly a very good fit for our club.

Dixie

Elite Member
Amazing how much stick he got - from me too to be fair - when he first came here. Mad how giving a player time to settle, to recover fully from a potential career-ending injury and playing him in his right position helps someone.

Proper boss off the field too.

MBIB

TEF Member
Does someone piss on your cornflakes every morning or summat ?
Yes - HE does.

He's gone from an absolute nothing signing that couldn't do anything right to one of our key players. I'm absolutely made up that he's proved me, and the boo boys wrong.

Well deserved new contract, and seemingly a very good fit for our club.
When he first came it was down to scotch-egg bollocks playing him out wide that made him struggle. Moyes had a propensity to ruining decent forwards.

As soon as he went into the centre he showed what he was about. I was one who was on the brink of wantin' him flogged (Almost literally!) but could see he always looked for the most space available even when wide. I'm pleasantly surprised that I've had me eyes wiped by him of all players.

Jelavic was right with his glowing recommendation/ endorsement of Naismith imo.

Lad's a star turn on & off the pitch. An example to, a refreshing change from & a stark contrast to the plethora of self-obsessed gobshites in the modern game. Why anyone (You know who you are - and rangers' gobshites) should doubt the lad's integrity is beyond risible.

scott_efc

The Forum Hypocrite
For what its worth i said all along he was a good player. Took a lot of shit for it as well i might add :) Particularly when i bought his goals per minute ratio up and the usual suspects had a bash 'stats dont prove anything' bla bla bla. Seemed obvious to me the lad came alive in the box and his movement and work rate were clear to see.

[osman1]

MartSlinger

Love Islander
We are seeing him deployed behind Rom now, which is clearly his best position, however, im partially disappointed that we never seen him play there behind Jelavic. I know its in the past, but maybe, he might have helped Jelavic a lot more than Fellaini did.

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Said all along he would be a much better player in his natural position. Was one of the few who kept faith in him. Even when played on the RW though under Moyes, he always got into great positions in the box and scored some vital goals even from that position. Just shows what playing a player in his correct position can do though, made up he has signed an extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)