• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Spurs v Everton - Mon 8pm

All in here

maccarob

TEF Member
same as what happens every season. We get ourselves in the mix and think if we can get a win at (choose from Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc) then we have a great chance. We go there and lose and the gap widens and on it goes for another season.

thebluenose

TEF Member
After their shit show last night, I hope their bad form continues for this match.

I also hope Gomes does a number on Son. He is due some fucking payback

bluerinse

The start of a 5 games in 12 days slog that will decide where we finish.

Looking at the amount of games, the amount of days and how many players we have fit and firing I'm not sure we'll do too well but we can only take it one game at a time.

Spurs are a different animal at home. It's away where they've won 3 in 23 PL games.

Still, I don't think much of them defensively so we should get chances. It's just about keeping Kane and Son quiet.

boris

TEF Member
I don’t know how we’re managing but we’re grinding out results, all credit must go to Carlo.

If we can grind out wins v Spurs and Wolves I have no idea where we may finish as I can see us winning at least 3 of the other 4 games as well.

The relegation threatened teams aren’t taking BCD football well at all.

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
Them getting tonked last night cant be good for us. They will surely react and their defence cant be that bad again. He went with Dier and Sanchez so knowing our luck he will switch to Alderweirald (sp) and Vertonghen.

I just feel like they arent going to be that bad again which with our midfield is what we need them to be.

bluerinse

I don’t know how we’re managing but we’re grinding out results, all credit must go to Carlo.

If we can grind out wins v Spurs and Wolves I have no idea where we may finish as I can see us winning at least 3 of the other 4 games as well.

The relegation threatened teams aren’t taking BCD football well at all.
I think it's quite interesting to see how they react, or don't. It's very different to the championship where teams down the bottom have reacted very well to it. In the Prem the like of Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford and Villa have been appalling. 1 win a piece for West Ham and Brighton has done wonders.

bluerinse

Them getting tonked last night cant be good for us. They will surely react and their defence cant be that bad again. He went with Dier and Sanchez so knowing our luck he will switch to Alderweirald (sp) and Vertonghen.

I just feel like they arent going to be that bad again which with our midfield is what we need them to be.
They probably won't be that bad again, but they're far stronger at home anyway, so I think we'd be foolish to look at that Sheffield United game too much. Spurs have won 75% of their points at WHL or whatever they call it now.

I don't think we've been especially good ourselves, but despite playing 2 of the best teams (according to the table anyway) as well as a poor side, we've put together a good points return - so the manager needs to take the praise for getting every last drop out of us.

It will be a big ask for him to keep the run going over the next fortnight or so when we play 5x (with most of the games being against teams in and around us), but sometimes momentum can play a big part when games start coming thick and fast - I just worry that the squad depth will cost us.

I was looking at the home and away tables before and it's quite interesting comparing us and Spurs, we're virtually an exact copy...
At home they have 30 points and we have 29.
Away they have 15 points and we have 15 points.

So really, you'd think a home win is probably the likely result, but we've just got to hope Carlo has something up his sleeve.

bluerinse

Ancelotti is doing his pre-match press conference at 1.30pm today.

Seems a little early for a Monday night kick off, but let's see what he has to say.

bluerinse

Richarlison hasn't trained today, but Ancelotti is hopeful he'll make it. Expects him to train tomorrow/Sunday.

Sidibe is back. Delph and Walcott still injured (it's always the ones you least expect etc)

aberonn

TEF Member
With Mina back fit again, wouldn't surprise me to see Holgate pushed further forward to play as a Defensive midfielder for a few of the remaining games, possibly the 3 remaining away games we have (Spurs/Wolves/SheffUtd) which are all against teams above us in the league and it'd do us well to have a bit of defensive mindset in the centre of the pitch and not two forward thinking players which can leave us badly exposed at times.

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
I've liked Holgate at DM on the occasions he's played there. It would be a big help for Gomes too, assuming he starts.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
Shame we didn't play this before the damned virus came as they were without both Kane & Son so would of fancied our chances, not so now, I'd happily take a draw but think we'll come back with sod all, 2-0.

Floody

TEF Member
If we want to play in Europe next season this is a must not lose game.
Think it is a must win game if we want to get into Europe, following the draw between Burnley & Sheffield Utd today

Win and we go above Burnley and Spurs. We would then be 2 points behind Arsenal & 5 behind Wolves (but we still have to play them at Molyneux).

Spurs have not been very impressive since the restart. Hope we go for it -we have nothing to lose and plenty to gain.

Mug

TEF Member
I hope we don’t move Holgate about he’s only just getting a good run in the side at centre back we need that to continue to develop his full potential.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Got a bad feeling about this one, lads.

That slobbering, crayon munching, brain of a 6 year old always scores against us and you just know that faux crying twat, Son, will get in on the act.

Fuck off, Everton.

I’d sell my ticket, if I had one.

Gilroy

TEF Member
Can imagine it being a fairly attritional game. Not ideal that they got tonked by Sheff Utd.

Would take a draw from this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)