• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Southampton vs Everton 25/10/2020 14:00 Sky Sports Main Event

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
No matchday thread already? Derby hangover?

I would like to see

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan
Rodríguez Doucoure Gomes Gordon
DCL
We could do with Danny Ings picking up a knock in training.

bluegender_2k

TEF Member
Gomes looked a bit off the pace so could see Gylfi coming in, he probably offers a bit more going forward too if Iwobi comes in for Richarlison, and I think if he's fit Kenny will start ahead of Godfrey. Those are the only changes I think Carlo will make.

Durruti

TEF Member
Think it'll be same again with Godfrey at RB and Iwobi LM. Hopefully they get a bit fitter this week and are ready to leave the Derby behind. Confident we can take the 3 points

bluerinse

I would like to see

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan
DCL

I was going to make one yesterday but thought Monday was a bit early for a Sunday game. Last season we'd get to the Thursday night or the Friday before a weekend game and there still wouldn't be a thread! Amazing how much some good form makes us look forward to games.

Think it'll be same again with Godfrey at RB and Iwobi LM. Hopefully they get a bit fitter this week and are ready to leave the Derby behind. Confident we can take the 3 points
Yeah, i'd imagine this will be it.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Digne
Doucoure - Allan - Gomes
James - DCL - Iwobi​

Sigurdsson for Gomes, and Gordon for Iwobi to be the subs too.

bluerinse

I think it's a really tough game though, this.

Southampton are super high energy and have a goalscorer who always seems to score against us.

I think I'd go....

-------------------------Pickford-----------------------
Kenny------- Mina-----------------Keane-------Digne
--------------------------Allan-------------------------
-----------Doucoure-------------Sigurdsson----------
---------James------------------------------Gordon---
-----------------------------DCL------------------------

I've gone for Sigurdsson over Gomes here because I think we need another player who adds a goalthreat in the side now Richarlison is suspended. If Gomes plays, the only 2 who are reliable for goals are James (more of a creator) and DCL. At least Sigurdsson can pop up with a goal.

I do think it'll probably be Gomes and Iwobi who play ahead of Sigurdsson and Gordon tho.

I'm not too arsed who plays right back, if it's Godfrey that's sound, but Kenny is the understudy RB, so if fit he should probably play.

Last edited:

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
I think Iwobi might surprise a few people if he gets a game. Was apparently brilliant for Nigeria in the International break and done well when he came on in the Derby. I agree with the Sigurdsson for Gomes shouts for a goal threat. Never thought I'd asking for Sigurdsson to start

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
I think Iwobi might surprise a few people if he gets a game. Was apparently brilliant for Nigeria in the International break and done well when he came on in the Derby. I agree with the Sigurdsson for Gomes shouts for a goal threat. Never thought I'd asking for Sigurdsson to start

True that, I'm still surprised we signed him.

Hugo's left kidney

Not a corrupt CDPA panelist

I would like to see

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan
DCL
No, just stop football right now in this perfect moment.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
..........Pickford
Godfrey Keane Mina Digne
...Doucoure Allan Gordon
....James DCL Iwobi

3-0 and stay top!

pablo

TEF Member
Tough game, they played us off the park at Goodison. We need to start playing better than we have. Big opportunity for whoever comes in for Richarlison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)