• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Slip Day

Floody

TEF Member
Can't really enjoy it this year as I fear they will be using #sixtimes from 26th May
and it will be 23 years without a trophy for us

Xbob

TEF Member
Can't really enjoy it this year as I fear they will be using #sixtimes from 26th May
and it will be 23 years without a trophy for us
Most of my prayers centre around them blowing it and United winning the cup and finishing second in the league, then I can tell any kopites that I come across that United were a better team than them this season. It's pretty sad that that is the only thread of hope I have in football.

bluefin

TEF Member
Sometimes you see a word or two that make you smile, even if someone has died
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/man-murdered-merseyside-mob-fixer-stopped-gangster-terrorising-140200319.html
Man murdered on Merseyside was mob fixer who 'stopped gangster terrorising Gerrard'

A man who was shot dead by a gunman on a bicycle was a mob fixer who once stopped a gangster from terrorising footballer Steven Gerrard.
John Kinsella was shot by the cyclist on Saturday morning, and Merseyside Police believes the attacker was wearing a hi-vis jacket at the time.
The 53-year-old, who lived locally, died at the scene in Rainhill Stoops near St Helens.
Kinsella had previously been involved in a £41,000 robbery in Grantham, Lincolnshire in 2006, where thousands of pounds worth of detergents, crisps and Easter eggs were stolen.
He was captured in Amsterdam in 2009 and started a 10-year jail term in Lincoln prison.
During his trial, the jury heard how Mr Kinsella had stopped a gangster terrorising Steven Gerrard, who played for Liverpool at the time.
The court was told that the star's father, Paul Gerrard, had asked Kinsella to intervene so the footballer would no longer be "threats from the Liverpool underworld" - spearheaded by a gangster known as "The Psycho" - would stop.
In a letter that was read out in court, Gerrard Snr wrote: "Steven and I have total respect for John for what he did for us."
Detective Superintendent Lee Turner said: "The offender is reported to have been around 6ft tall, of slim build and wearing dark clothing and a hi-vis jacket.
"He is also believed to have been riding a mountain bike."
Mr Turner urged anyone who used the slip road between 6.30am and 7.30am on Saturday, particularly those with dashcam footage, to get in touch with police.

Mr Kirk

Forum food fraud
bignevruled @bignevruled any plans for pancake day?

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Thought when I read the title 'slip day' and then quickly glanced at a post with with 'Gerrard' in, the thread was going to be all about the greatest moment in recent history.

Hero forever - Demba Ba

[Tim]

thebluenose

TEF Member
Thought when I read the title 'slip day' and then quickly glanced at a post with with 'Gerrard' in, the thread was going to be all about the greatest moment in recent history.

Hero forever - Demba Ba

[Tim]
Demba Ba, along with Dwight Gale, Sergio Ramos all deserve statues and knighthoods for their services to humanity

I also hope they all have a very long, happy and healthy lives

Bluebru

Resident queer.
Demba Ba, along with Dwight Gale, Sergio Ramos all deserve statues and knighthoods for their services to humanity

I also hope they all have a very long, happy and healthy lives
An honourable mention for Tony Pulis too, the architect of that glorious day vs Crystal Palace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)