• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

POLL Should we sack Marco Silva

Should Marco Silva be sacked?

• Yes, I have no faith he will turn this around

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • No, He should be given more time

Votes: 82 73.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters

Quinnylad

TEF Member
Here we go again, another manager, same old shit.

Really didn't expect to be asking this but thought its time to test the general feeling on this subject

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
No, not yet, we can't get into the farce of hiring and sacking managers every 6 months or so, look what happened at Villa!

We've wasted some serious money on some serious shit over the last couple of years (Walcott, Tosun, Keane, Sigurdsson, The dutch fella I can't even remember the name of!) and has set us back big time, I think Silva has made some good signings in the Summer but still needs a couple more transfer windows to get his team to the style he wants to play, HOWEVER! He needs AND MUST drop this zonal marking bollocks, it's not working and every cunt and their dog can see it, even fuckin Millwall exploited it!

The Heretic

TEF Member
No, more time. That is not to say that eyebrows should not be raised at a somewhat disturbing lack of progress at obvious tactical issues in the team, and lack of motivation.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
No, not yet, HOWEVER! He needs AND MUST drop this zonal marking bollocks, it's not working and every cunt and their dog can see it, even fuckin Millwall exploited it!

So if he doesn’t drop the Zonal marking bollocks do you think he should be sacked?

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
So if he doesn’t drop the Zonal marking bollocks do you think he should be sacked?

If we end up in serious danger in the bottom 3 in April then we seriously have to look at it but it won't come to that. I'm prepared to give him more time, remember Moyes had us our worse premier league points total but stayed on, different circumstances I know because we didn't have a pot to piss in but if we keep on sacking managers every 5 minutes we'll be skint again in no time

Quinnylad

TEF Member
I think if he doesn't sort out the defending situation, the results will make the decision a foregone conclusion. The loss to Millwall will be a big test for him. If he can't look at that game and realise that his system is not working then he deserves to lose his job

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
I’ve gone for undecided. I disagree with anyone that says he has a free hit this season. We are on course for our worst finish in many years if our awful form continues. He needs to show the fans that he can turn things around with the tools he has at his disposal.
If Huddersfield turns into another Sunderland then I can’t see how he can survive. There are many fans that want him out and we’ve seen that Moshiri isn’t scared to sack anyone.

I’ve gone for undecided. I disagree with anyone that says he has a free hit this season. We are on course for our worst finish in many years if our awful form continues. He needs to show the fans that he can turn things around with the tools he has at his disposal.
If Huddersfield turns into another Sunderland then I can’t see how he can survive. There are many fans that want him out and we’ve seen that Moshiri isn’t scared to sack anyone.
If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

You say this shite every season when we have a bad run Kev

ScottM

Pyar sauced
Needs more time and I think he’ll get it. We’ve been shite for years, not months. What’s sacking him going to get us? Another stop gap like Sam? Fuck off.

Moshiri and Brands are trying to rebuild the club from top to bottom because, let’s be honest, it was rotten with complacency and jobs for the boys.

The performances aren’t good enough from the players and sacking the manager isn’t going to change that at the moment.

Paulgreece

TEF Member
Should be sacked asap, the fella is a fraud and it's very clear, pointless talking about it with most as they know best.

He'll be gone soon enough though.

143Blue

TEF Member
Didn't want him in the first place ,Bobby MK2 ,infact at least Bobby had a good first season, this fella won't,ok you can say he took over a worse squad but he now looks clueless and stubborn just like Bobby did towards his end. I don't like this sacking manager after manager either,but maybe if we got right person in the first place?? The massive problem now is who do we actually replace him with?So I've voted undecided for the time being.

bluegender_2k

TEF Member
No, would be a terrible decision, we are not having a great season but we need to allow time to build a team that can win something, we are 3 pts off 7th and a probably euro spot at the halfway point in the season and out of both cups, it's not what we wanted from the season but sounds like a season typical of Everton of the last 20 years.

Midnight_Blue

TEF Member
No........ It's clear he knows how he wants us to play ... The fact that the players aren't capable of showing that on the pitch, is what's costing us for the moment.

He'll get it right soon enough.. we'd still be in the cup if that handball goal doesn't stand.,.... Fuck all he can do about that now.... Our defence needs a bit of tweaking.... that's all.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Undecided.

I have little/no faith that he’s the man who’s gonna take us to the next level.

But sacking him now could do more harm than good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)