• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Seamus Coleman

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Bin

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
I’m afraid he’s finished but like Jags he can have that one off performance that he gave yesterday. We have to replace him in the summer or he will become another scapegoat like many of our other legends.
How much are you expecting the club to spend in the Summer, Kev, and in what positions do we need players?

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
How much are you expecting the club to spend in the Summer, Kev, and in what positions do we need players?
I really don’t think it’s all about money mate (of course we need some) Brands was recruited to find young talent. Anyone can spend £40m on Wan Bissaka but we are going to have to take risks in certain areas..
Upfront I think we need to break the bank and get a proven goalscorer but in other areas we need to see what Brands can find us.
There must be a decent young right back out there?
There must be a decent young winger out there?
I think we could spend citca £125m (£50-60m for a striker) and get 3 or 4 players to add to what we have and we will also recoup a bit by selling some of the deadwood off.

MLWEFC

I really don’t think it’s all about money mate (of course we need some) Brands was recruited to find young talent. Anyone can spend £40m on Wan Bissaka but we are going to have to take risks in certain areas..
Upfront I think we need to break the bank and get a proven goalscorer but in other areas we need to see what Brands can find us.
There must be a decent young right back out there?
There must be a decent young winger out there?
I think we could spend citca £125m (£50-60m for a striker) and get 3 or 4 players to add to what we have and we will also recoup a bit by selling some of the deadwood off.
CF, CM and CB are all positions we have to buy for in the Summer. As you've just pointed out, we need a goal scorer. Gomes and Zouma are first team regulars and we don't own them.

I just can't see RB being a position we buy for this Summer. The priorities will be elsewhere.

T1878

Love Islander
I'm not convinced we need to prioritise a replacement to the extent Digne was brought in to effectively replace Baines.

For me, rigth-back is an area which definitely needs strengthening, but I'd hope any signing would be a young player with big potential. I get the feeling Kenny just isn't regarded highly enough to be the long-term successor to Seamus.

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Thought it was another good game from him today, 2nd half especially he got forward well and considering he was up against Hazard didn’t do too badly defensively either.

MLWEFC

He was good in the 2nd half like most people but him and Keane were chronic in the 1st half and if we had been 2 down going into the break they would've been rightly slaughtered.

Iggy

Love Islander
He was good in the 2nd half like most people but him and Keane were chronic in the 1st half and if we had been 2 down going into the break they would've been rightly slaughtered.
You are right, but he was also one of the main catalysts for our second half performance IMO.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
I disagree with this, I think it was more a case of him being hung out to dry due to a lack of protection from the winger/holding midfielders.

There were times early in the game when Coleman had Hazard, Barkley and Alonso trying to attack him. It was made very difficult for him.

MLWEFC

I disagree with this, I think it was more a case of him being hung out to dry due to a lack of protection from the winger/holding midfielders.

There were times early in the game when Coleman had Hazard, Barkley and Alonso trying to attack him. It was made very difficult for him.
You're right in that he wasn't given enough protection but he wasn't doing anywhere near enough to get in the face of attackers either. As Gary Neville put it, we were just waiting to concede.

jon

Global Moderator
"His form has fluctuated this season, but physically he is running faster and further than he did before Wales defender Neil Taylor shattered his leg in a World Cup qualifier two years ago and Coleman believes he is fitter than he has ever been.
'The thing I struggle with now is when I have a bad game,' he explains. 'I've had more bad games than I would like this season but if I play badly, it's always down to the leg break. Believe me, I had plenty of bad games before the leg break. I just haven't played well.' "
We can't keep chopping and changing. No, no, no, no. Managers need to implement their own style.
Look at Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino. They didn't hit the ground running. It took them time, one or two years. Marco Silva is a workaholic and we are not far away.
'We get paid a fortune. Fans are working nine to five and Everton is their lives. It's not a job. It's their lives.
If they aren't happy with my performances, no problem whatsoever. It's up to me to improve. You have got to take it. If I get stick on TV or in the papers, sure, that's fine. It's part of the job.'

Edit as I read; should've just C&P the whole article.
Absolutely superb stuff from Seamus in tone and content.

I love Seamus. If a man needs a role at Everton long term, it's him.

Last edited:

MLWEFC

He played well for ROI the other night. He's putting decent games together for the first time since the break, which is good to see and I hope it continues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)