• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Seamus Coleman

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bin

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

143Blue

TEF Member
Noticed Baine's had the armband for the last couple of games, I'm sure Seamus had leapfroged Bainsey this season? Not a bad move to take the pressure off him while he trys to get back a bit of form.

Seamus is finished - it’s sad to see this demise as he should still have a few years left in him. I hope the crowd don’t turn on him because he’s been brilliant for us. Kenny should now play until end of season.

Koff Kev

Kenny is trying his best but he’s not good enough either.
Who would you play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True - but Kenny isn’t good enough. Let’s see what happens when Coleman and Baines are back. Hopefully that will be against Leicester
So I don’t rate some of our youngsters. You know that. I’m not even saying Holgate is a good RB but Kenny is not a prem player.
Seamus on one leg is better than Kenny
We are actually playing good football with some very average players. Davies was our captain yesterday and he’s average. Gana is limited, DCL isn’t good enough, Tosun isn’t good enough, Kenny - who did ok yesterday isn’t good enough, Zouma played like Titus Bramble - yet we absolutely battered Arsenal in the first half because we went for it and that’s the difference this season.
All we asked for was to see good football - Silva knows that half this side aren’t good enough and of the 6 he signed we only know that 2 are going to be good.
This is a 3 year job and he needs time. It’s no good moaning after 6 games as he’s trying his best with a lot of average players he has inherited.
And if the senior players aren’t happy with the training then good as they’ve seen off 3 managers and won’t be seeing off a 4th.
Get behind him, give him time and I think this guy could be great for us.
That was as bad a half as we have played all season. Totally disjointed and the defence is a shambles. The only defender that looks good is Digne. Kenny is so poor and Zouma is like Bambi on ice.
Totally dominated but weren’t ruthless enough. Kenny is the weak link and is being targeted.
The front 4 look very good but we should have killed them off.
Our only real weakness today was Kenny and they were seriously targeting him with Chilwell turning him inside out at times.
Hopefully Coleman is back in a few weeks but I’d like to see that set up given a run now.
I know we disagree on this but Kenny isn’t good enough and that’s why he was targeted. He may get better but for now he is out week link.
Walcott needs dropping for Lookman.
I love Coleman but have we seen the best of him? I’d still have him way ahead of Kenny. RB has been an area we haven’t needed to look at but I would be looking to sign one in Jan.
Said this at the start of the season but we’ve seen the best of Coleman and he’s now on the downward spiral. It happens to all footballers and we have to now look at replacing him. Kenny is not the answer.
I do love how you or others always say this. Our kids are not good enough. If they were they would be in the side as there’s been plenty of opportunities. The majority of them are lower prem or championship quality and Kenny is in that bracket.
Kenny hasn’t been a regular in the squad for months so what makes you think he will play him?

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
Got forward well tonight, his linkup play was a lot better too. Most of our better play came down the right.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Couple of weeks break has done him well, it seems. Back to back decent games for the first time I can remember since his injury.

Iggy

Love Islander
There were still a couple of moments which could have cost us, like when Origi beat him and crossed low into the box. Also sometimes he wasnt closing down the crosser quick enough. Having said that, he has been very good overall the past couple of games. Hopefully it continues because theres nobody in the squad I want to see do better.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Seamus will never be what he was again but he has the biggest heart and gave absolutely everything. He got caught out a few times but he was as passionate as anyone on the pitch and made some great last ditch interceptions.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Seamus will never be what he was again but he has the biggest heart and gave absolutely everything. He got caught out a few times but he was as passionate as anyone on the pitch and made some great last ditch interceptions.
Agree, but no sentiment in football, to improve we have to have better quality, time for Seamus to move on or use his experience for the squad.

jon

Global Moderator
We're playing our full-backs some 5-10 yards further up than we did for much of last season. When things are against us, it can look like poor positioning.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Absolutely - Right back is a priority in the summer
CF, RF, CM and CB will be the priority in the Summer, Kev.

I'm not going to get into an argument about whether Coleman is #finished but he will be Evertons starting right back next season, I'm certain of that.

Quinnylad

TEF Member
There were still a couple of moments which could have cost us, like when Origi beat him and crossed low into the box. Also sometimes he wasnt closing down the crosser quick enough. Having said that, he has been very good overall the past couple of games. Hopefully it continues because theres nobody in the squad I want to see do better.
for me as poor as he can be at times defending, it his seemingly lack of ability to cross the ball that is his biggest fault. There were at least two occasions yesterday when he had the opportunity to put the ball in the box whilst under no pressure and each time he hit the first defender. Has been beyond fantastic for the club but his long term replacement is an absolute must

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
I’m afraid he’s finished but like Jags he can have that one off performance that he gave yesterday. We have to replace him in the summer or he will become another scapegoat like many of our other legends.

pablo

TEF Member
The lads been superb. It took a while for our fans to think he's good enough but then he's been consistent for years. He's done great to get back to any level after that injury. In his position you need pace and stamina and that's what will catch up with him like Baines.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
He isn't finished, he just shouldn't be an every week starter from now on. There are some players i just cant see playing for anyone else and Coleman is one. He can efinitely do a job here but we also need another right back who plays the majority of the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)