• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Seamus Coleman

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bin

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
Don't think anyone's seen him in defence enough to judge how good he'd be as a fullback. From an attacking point of view though I think he's been figured out by most defenders (show him inside and let him lose it). If he switched to right back the marking on him would be much shoddier, and we know he can keep bombing forward. I'd love to see him given a go there.

T

ToffeeBlue

Stu said:
He is good enough . Hes had one season where he didnt do the business mainly due to injury and lack of a run in the team . It doesnt make him shite all of a sudden .
Watch this space .
He has had 2 good games, both against Spurs. The rest he has been average at best and sometimes downright sh*t. Cost us the semi as well

pablo

TEF Member
He is not intelligent enough for midfield and can be a liability at full back. His future must be as a full back and improve his decision making.

Waggy

TEF Member
ToffeeBlue said:
Stu said:
He is good enough . Hes had one season where he didnt do the business mainly due to injury and lack of a run in the team . It doesnt make him shite all of a sudden .
Watch this space .
He has had 2 good games, both against Spurs. The rest he has been average at best and sometimes downright sh*t. Cost us the semi as well
He was nominated for young player of the year in his first full season mate. I think you are being a bit harsh on him, he never had a consistent run in the team last season - though I agree about the semi, you could see he was going to mess up that tackle about 5 seconds before he made it!

Dannyboy

TEF Member
Suffered last season through injuries. He's still a decent player, nowhere near as bad as most on here are making him out to be.

Would like to see him being used at right back more often, especially in home games against teams who are going to give us the majority of possession.

T

ToffeeBlue

Waggy said:
ToffeeBlue said:
Stu said:
Watch this space .
He was nominated for young player of the year in his first full season mate. I think you are being a bit harsh on him, he never had a consistent run in the team last season - though I agree about the semi, you could see he was going to mess up that tackle about 5 seconds before he made it!
Was that more down to the lack of young talent that year though mate?

Stu

TEF Member
He didnt cost us the semi at all.Yes he gave away a silly foul but he didnt leave Carroll unmarked from the free kick .It wasnt him that passed the ball back to Suarez to let them back into a game that they were never looking likely to get back into.

I

imported_Davo

Since the other thread was ruined by a certain person and me egging his attention . I apologise.

Keep it on topic lads:)

I

imported_Davo

Re: Colemanhis naturau

My opinion of course.Minus a few hiccups this season . Still think he deserves his place in the starting 11. Lets hope he can build on his spurs performance. Young lad, spent most of his time out of position in the right mid is now back in his natural position. Hopefully his defensive game will improve with a decent run in the side.

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Re: Coleman

I think after the Reading game he did deserve to be dropped, despite playing well, he was costing us goals, as it is he got injured anyway BUT, he made up for that with a great performance against Tottenham, and deserves to start on Saturday again as well.

T

ToffeeBlue

I heard there was some Barcelona scouts there on sunday and they are coming in with a 40m offer based on that 1 cross alone. Their getting a bargain

I

imported_Davo

[url=http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=69217#p69217 said:
BoffeeTlue » 13 Dec 2012, 14:45[/url]]I heard there was some Barcelona scouts there on sunday and they are coming in with a 40m offer based on that 1 cross alone. Their getting a bargain
*clap2* Source?

T

ToffeeBlue

[url=http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=69220#p69220 said:
Davo » 13 Dec 2012, 14:53[/url]][quote="BoffeeTlue » 13 Dec 2012, 14:45":2kwbtvs4]I heard there was some Barcelona scouts there on sunday and they are coming in with a 40m offer based on that 1 cross alone. Their getting a bargain
*clap2* Source?[/quote:2kwbtvs4]

My main man Tito was buying me fish and chips the other day and he just happened to let it slip. I said there is no way you would get him that cheap, especially after that cross

Davo

TEF Member
Thought he played superb today. What a fucking player he's really turning out to be. He runs that line non stop and made some cracking interventions on Eto today. Not afraid to take on a player and can put in some decent crosses.

jon

Global Moderator
Totally agree and said it in the match thread.
He is developing superbly as a defender; nobody skinned him today and he had opportunities to get forward. Great display from him, especially in our half.

Cuttyblue

TEF Member
Thought he played superb today. What a fucking player he's really turning out to be. He runs that line non stop and made some cracking interventions on Eto today. Not afraid to take on a player and can put in some decent crosses.
Got caught in possession going forward a few times 1st half but got better 2nd. Offensively I didn't think he was at his best.

But you hit the nail on it with his defensive contribution. I wasn't sure 3-4 yrs ago that Coleman was our present/future RB. He is now. Automatic on the teamsheet every week.

Rockafella

TEF Member
I love the lad, 60k he cost, but he's not got the quality that is needed in a top 6 side, sorry but that's the way it is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)