• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Rumour Santiago Sosa

Everton open talks with Argentinian ace representatives

Everton have opened talks with the representatives of young Argentinian midfielder Santiago Sosa according to Argentinian news outlet Ole.

The 20 year old River Plate midfielder has only played for River 5 times and has a contract with the South American giants until June but could leave for a fee of only $15m.

Sosa is currently representing his country in their pre-under 20’s world cup preparations and could be the second player to follow this route following former Everton player Ramiro Funes Mori who moved in 2015.

A work permit could prove an issue, but the report states that they may use a special clause like they used when Mori joined the blues.

Who should Everton sign this summer?

Comment below or have your say on our dedicated Everton Forum at www.theevertonforum.co.uk/forum

The post Everton open talks with Argentinian ace representatives appeared first on Everton Forum - The latest Everton News and Everton Forum.

Continue reading...

TylerDurden

Super Mod - I am always right
None of that makes any sense. He's only played for River Plate 5 times, his contract is up in 2 weeks yet we're meant to be paying $15m for him?

Non-starter. Delete

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Brands has history of raiding south america for players. I wonder if he qualifies for dual nationality which would negate the need for a work permit.

Neil A

TEF Member
The player has said- 'It makes me very proud that an english club like Everton are fixed (following/interested maybe a better translation) on me, but at the moment I am concentrating on the under-20 world cup.'

The journalist above has followed up and said the deal is done, and none of the River fans seem to think he is bullshitting...

graeme

TEF Member
The player has said- 'It makes me very proud that an english club like Everton are fixed (following/interested maybe a better translation) on me, but at the moment I am concentrating on the under-20 world cup.'

The journalist above has followed up and said the deal is done, and none of the River fans seem to think he is bullshitting...
Do they seem bothered that hes leaving?

Neil A

TEF Member
He is just repeating what the other journalist is saying in that it is close… but the same channel were denying it a few days ago...

Neil A

TEF Member
yeah seems so... he is saying that people close to the player saying it is almost a done deal...

Maybe it is just River need money so they are trying to sell him

bluerinse

With just 5 games played for River Plate, It is one that screams work permit issues, but you'd have thought Brands would've thought of that.

TylerDurden

Super Mod - I am always right
I'm still confused as to why we're meant to be buying a lad who has only played a handful of times and the article above says his contract runs out in 10 days? Is there different rules in Argentina? What are we paying $15m for if he's free in two weeks?

Hugo's left kidney

Global Moderator
I'm still confused as to why we're meant to be buying a lad who has only played a handful of times and the article above says his contract runs out in 10 days? Is there different rules in Argentina? What are we paying $15m for if he's free in two weeks?
Probably 3rd party ownership and greasing of palms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)