• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Richarlison

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Bin

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

T1878

Love Islander
Up front in a 2 or.on the left of a 4?

For me, up front off DCL suits both guys.
I think/hope we’ll see various formations depending on opposition under Ancelotti. It’s good to have options.

I do think there’s a real chance of Kean, DCL and Richarilson being a brilliant front three. That is reliant on us having three fit, competent midfielders though.

bluerinse

I think/hope we’ll see various formations depending on opposition under Ancelotti. It’s good to have options.

I do think there’s a real chance of Kean, DCL and Richarilson being a brilliant front three. That is reliant on us having three fit, competent midfielders though.
I'm enjoying us having two strikers.

We've suffered the fabled one up top for what feels like forever.

I know sometimes you need to change and be flexible but it's been refreshing lately.

Not to mention since we went 442 we've got 11 points from 15.

T1878

Love Islander
I'm enjoying us having two strikers.

We've suffered the fabled one up top for what feels like forever.

I know sometimes you need to change and be flexible but it's been refreshing lately.

Not to mention since we went 442 we've got 11 points from 15.
Yeah agree, it’s been nice. I don’t think we’ll get away with 4-4-2 against a side like City (especially with the midfielders currently available), but it’s good against some sides.

When a front 3 is done right, it’s an excellent attacking formation. I just don’t think Silva ever got the hang of how to play it.

BlueBen

TEF Member
Dropped back into more of a midfield role and still made an impact. He's a star and Carlo is going build around him.

StoneCold

TEF alt
Banned
Been told his agent wants us to accept an offer of 70m from United. He looked like he left already. He did stop performing at Watford to force a move.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
He put a decent shift in at City. The lad needs a rest, he’s clearly fucked.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
(a) suspect this is nonsense
(b) his agent should be fully aware of whether the new contract he recently signed contained a release clause or not. If it didn't, tough shit.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
I despise the transfer windows.

Can't stand people pretending they're ITK or suggesting a player wants out because he didn't play well in a game.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
I'd sell him for £70m, he scores goals but not enough to play as a striker and as a winger he's shit, we've got shit wingers so we're covered there.

Use the money and put it towards a proper striker, we've only needed one for a thousand years.

Mike

I'd sell him for £70m, he scores goals but not enough to play as a striker and as a winger he's shit, we've got shit wingers so we're covered there.

Use the money and put it towards a proper striker, we've only needed one for a thousand years.
It's not one or the other. He's a serious goal threat from the left wing, always has been. Having a top class striker and another equally as good goal threat on the right side would only serve to help the lad and improve Everton as a team.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
It's not one or the other. He's a serious goal threat from the left wing, always has been. Having a top class striker and another equally as good goal threat on the right side would only serve to help the lad and improve Everton as a team.
I'd rather have wingers who can beat full backs with some end product and some strikers who can finish, we lack so much in the final third.

Richarlison is low down on the list of Everton's problems but if large bids come in we have to consider them, he's really not that good and the funds can address our biggest issues.

Mike

I'd rather have wingers who can beat full backs with some end product and some strikers who can finish, we lack so much in the final third.

Richarlison is low down on the list of Everton's problems but if large bids come in we have to consider them, he's really not that good and the funds can address our biggest issues.
Depends what formation we want to play, can't possibly know what type of players we need until we see what Ancelotti wants to do longterm.

Selling Richarlison to spend money on a striker isn't the answer though. We need both.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
Depends what formation we want to play, can't possibly know what type of players we need until we see what Ancelotti wants to do longterm.

Selling Richarlison to spend money on a striker isn't the answer though. We need both.
Disagree, he doesn't do enough as a winger for me, plenty of wingers chip in with goals but do much better work down the lines.

Mike

Disagree, he doesn't do enough as a winger for me, plenty of wingers chip in with goals but do much better work down the lines.
He's not your stereotypical winger but it seems like he'll go another season with 15 goals or so, which you don't get out of a more stereotypical winger that likes to create chances.

Those numbers would probably increase too if we had more consistent threats across the front and maybe a more stereotypical right winger?

I just can't get on board that selling him to fund other deals is a good idea I'm afraid. It wasn't with Lukaku or Gueye and it wont be with this lad. I hope we don't have to find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)