• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Ref Watch

Thuck ma Baws

TEF Member
If they'd scored from that freekick given against Digne could VAR have then looked at it as a clear and obvious error leading to a goal?

bluerinse

What was that shit yesterday when Chilwell picked up the ball and then he gave them the drop ball?

You can't fucking pick the ball up for goodness sake. If you think it's flat the procedure is to kick it out and tell the ref, then we'll throw the ball back to you.

You pick it up it's handball.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
What was that shit yesterday when Chilwell picked up the ball and then he gave them the drop ball?

You can't fucking pick the ball up for goodness sake. If you think it's flat the procedure is to kick it out and tell the ref, then we'll throw the ball back to you.

You pick it up it's handball.
He was shit all match but that just took the piss. The easiest booking a ref could hope for and he still fucked it up.

Floody

TEF Member
I did not really notice the ref much yesterday apart from the VAR penalty decision which even Jamie Carragher called within 3 seconds

Probably better than average overall - but it is a pretty low average to be fair

graeme

TEF Member
Was shite, everytime a Leicester player went down he was blowing his whistle. The "challenge" from DCL on Evans was a personal favourite.

Axwell

TEF Member
Mason having a stinker here. Richarlison getting battered again and not getting the protection. He makes a good, firm challenge and takes the ball and gets booked. Baldy prick

Hugo's left kidney

Not a corrupt CDPA panelist
Mason is just a massively shit ref. Gives them a pen for fuck all. Ignores a pen for us. Let's them kick Richarlison all over the pitch. 1 yellow.

I repeat, he's a massively shit cunt.

graeme

TEF Member
Beyond shite. Either corrupt or he's well below standard. Either way the F.A have a lot to answer for.

John Matrix

TEF Member
I find it very hard to not think there is an anti Everton agenda with referees.

I don't understand why Bednarek wasn't sent off for fouling Richarlison as last man.

Also booked Richarlison for getting the ball whilst Ward-Prowse could foul as amny times as he wanted.

bluerinse

He couldn't have done more for them today.

Gives them a soft pen.
Doesn't give us a pen for more of a foul.
Doesn't send off Bednarek.
Books Richarlison for a fiesty challenge while Ward-Prowse is sound to do it.
Books Digne for dissent.
Books DCL for getting into a melee. But none of their players in there.

I need the non red card explaining to me.

Richarlison is clean through middle of the goal 20 yards out when he's chopped down. How in the absolute fuck is that not a goalscoring opportunity?

And why did VAR back him up? And why was that cunt Shearer sound with it?

I can't see the logic. I'm genuinely aghast. Am I missing something?

We need every help we can get and that cunt gave us nothing.

mr_pib

TEF Member

Gives them a soft pen.
Books Digne for dissent.

Richarlison is clean through middle of the goal 20 yards out when he's chopped down. How in the absolute fuck is that not a goalscoring opportunity?

Regarding Shearer and Tyldesley, I reckon the PL have put something in the contract for these matches shown by the BBC/Amazon that states the commentary/pundit teams can’t be critical of the officiating (including VAR).

Quinnylad

TEF Member
It's not just Mason just seen the "Penalty" fucking United have just been given there was absolutely no contact from the defender and the united player just spins himself around and falls to the ground, of course the whistle goes for a penalty and VAR backs the ref it was the same scenario as Southamptons one but even worse. Call it lack of fitness if you want but for me, it's pure corruption, that fat cunt couldn't have done more to help them tonight if they had paid him and it's not even subtle anymore, its every game is the same.
I appreciate we are shite at the moment and we are already playing like we are missing a player or two because of the likes of Sigurdsson, Gomes and Iwobi but to then have to contend with the refs and VAR screwing us over practically every game, it's just not fun anymore

Mr Kirk

Forum food fraud

Gives them a soft pen.
Books Digne for dissent.

Just mentioned it in the match thread. Wasn’t the rule brought in for this season that if a player makes a legitimate attempt to get the ball, it can’t be a red card. Obviously this just opens it up for manipulation and corruption to enable even more bias.

bluerinse

Just mentioned it in the match thread. Wasn’t the rule brought in for this season that if a player makes a legitimate attempt to get the ball, it can’t be a red card. Obviously this just opens it up for manipulation and corruption to enable even more bias.
If it's deemed a goalscoring opportunity it's a red card. They did a VAR check for it, so it's definitely a possible red card offence.

I think you might be thinking of a foul in the box where the defender goes for the ball. That's where it changes because they deemed a penalty and a red card to be too much punishment for a mistimed challenge.

Apparently this one wasn't given a red card because the VAR deemed the defender got the ball.

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
If it's deemed a goalscoring opportunity it's a red card. They did a VAR check for it, so it's definitely a possible red card offence.

I think you might be thinking of a foul in the box where the defender goes for the ball. That's where it changes because they deemed a penalty and a red card to be too much punishment for a mistimed challenge.

Apparently this one wasn't given a red card because the VAR deemed the defender got the ball.

At first I thought he got the ball but one of the angles shows he didn’t as far as I could see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)