• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Ref Watch

Quinnylad

TEF Member
Thought they would rip the linesman an new one, over his not awarding offside for their second goal but no, they all made every excuse about how hard a decision it was to spot a player a yard offside and it was just a momentary lapse of concentration yet the female lineswoman in the spurs game who managed to make a correct decision that was really a hard one to get correct and if she had missed it you would not have really faulted her, was lauded (rightly so) for excellent work

They call us bitter but on the whole, we usually have a lot to be bitter about. That goal knocked the stuffing out of us and made it so much harder for us to attempt to get back into the game

pablo_p

TEF Member
I'm sick of it now, TBH. I'm a 'purist' as they say and don't (didn't) want VAR.

But what alternative is there? Especially when you look at how different our start could've been with it in place.

Jagielka doesn't get sent off. Richarlison doesn't get sent off - or if he does, the other lad walks as well.

The offside yesterday was a complete piss take, though. It wasn't even remotely fucking difficult to see that there's about six fucking hectares of daylight between our man and theirs.

It's getting to be painful again now, if I'm being honest. I started being angry, then it just turned to comedy then expectancy and now it's just gutting.

You can guarantee something 'whimsical' will happen to us against Fulham meanwhile Liverpool will get a pen that never was against Chelsea.

When the officials come out, it should be to the fucking Benny Hill theme. Twats.

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
With regards to VAR; there's an argument that they would have been given a penalty in the first half, had it been in place. also, Torriera might have walked for that second tackle.

bluerinse

Every week it seems we're on the wrong end of decisions from some dickhead.

I've seen twenty tackles worse than Jagielka's that haven't been red cards. I've seen people put their head in and not been sent off like Richarlison.

I've seen us have penalty appeals waved away for the same infringement Bournemouth got one against us.

Yesterday was just the latest in a series of piss takes.

It's like they can't fucking wait to shaft us. Whereas other teams (naming no names) get favourable decisions galore, no injuries and ridiculous own goals in their favour.

They say if all evens itself out in the end but does it balls with Everton. We're already due half a dozen game changers.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
This ‘poor me’ attitude is ridiculous. We are not the only club to get bad decisions and if we had VAR then Gana woukd have given away a penalty.
Players are still trying to con the ref - Hazard did it yesterday diving for a pen.
The answer is VAR - if they use it like they did in the World Cup then it will be fine. I can see it coming in for next season in all games.
And as much as it was offside - it was awful defending to allow us to have 3 against 1 in the first place.

Callum

TEF Member
This ‘poor me’ attitude is ridiculous. We are not the only club to get bad decisions and if we had VAR then Gana woukd have given away a penalty.
Players are still trying to con the ref - Hazard did it yesterday diving for a pen.
The answer is VAR - if they use it like they did in the World Cup then it will be fine. I can see it coming in for next season in all games.
And as much as it was offside - it was awful defending to allow us to have 3 against 1 in the first place.
Yeah the 3 against 1 was bad, but on any other day, Kenny has done enough to stop that attack because he forced Ramsey to almost lose control of the ball and therefore his only option was the offside pass. As much as you can say we deserved it for the build up to the goal, Kenny deserved to stop it.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
I'm really struggling to watch Sky Sports / BT Sports these days. I'm generally just on and off for the match. I record the shows and then skip to the interviews with players / manager later on.

Jamie Redknapp ffs. I honestly couldn't care about anything he has to say.

alwaysblue

TEF Member
I'm really struggling to watch Sky Sports / BT Sports these days. I'm generally just on and off for the match. I record the shows and then skip to the interviews with players / manager later on.

Jamie Redknapp ffs. I honestly couldn't care about anything he has to say.
I can't listen to any of them and can't watch MOTD etc especially now there is the newly founded big 6. So if I can't go to the game I've found out that BEIN sports is the answer.....I can't understand a word which is fine by me.

scott_efc

Doom-monger and Wayne Lineker fan
I was hugely anti VAR but with how this season has gone I see no alternative. We are getting shafted week in week out. The offside yesterday shouldn’t be a VAR decision because any vaguely competent ref / linesman catches it... but it’s Moss so not chance.

Bring it in sooner the better.

bluerinse

Another clown today then.

Let them kick lumps out of us first half, without producing a card to stem the flow.

Let's them get away with a blatant elbow.

Gives a sketchy penalty to us. But if he's given it for a push as he gestured he's got to send him off. He's last man and not making a genuine attempt to get the ball.

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
It was a good call for the pen, but I said at the time, should he have been sent off? That he was only booked for dissent, rather than the foul, says a lot about the referee.

scott_efc

Isn’t there a double jeopardy rule now? So if he gives the pen he can’t send him off?

bluerinse

Isn’t there a double jeopardy rule now? So if he gives the pen he can’t send him off?
Has there been a rule change this season?

Last season it was you only don't get sent off as last man if you make an obvious attempt to get the ball. A push isn't one of those.

scott_efc

Last season it was you only don't get sent off as last man if you make an obvious attempt to get the ball. A push isn't one of those.
I believe so. I think if it’s a pen you don’t get sent off any more. So when Jags got sent off and then Wolves scored we would have been better off him doing it in the box and giving away a pen (as the ref originally gave it for last man not dangerous play)

bluerinse

I believe so. I think if it’s a pen you don’t get sent off any more. So when Jags got sent off and then Wolves scored we would have been better off him doing it in the box and giving away a pen (as the ref originally gave it for last man not dangerous play)
Good point. That Wolves incident was annoying. From the minor 'dangerous play' call (3 games ban for that) to the Wolves player shifting it five yards closer so if was in his perfect range.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member

No change. It should have been a red.

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Not that I'm overly keen to talk about last night but how fucking bad were the officials? 9 times out of 10 the referee and linesmen just looked at each other blankly, waiting for the other to make a decision.

scott_efc

Were both of the reviews right? Looked in person as though they might have been a bit soft but seemed to get caught on both?

What annoyed me was him only adding 3 mins on. They time wasted the whole half and he kept doing the tapping watch thing as if to say hurry up. There were what 5 subs, 2 goals and 3 VAR checks.... yet only 3 mins. Not that it made much difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)