• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Rafael Benitez

Should Rafa be

• Sacked

• Backed

• Waxed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike

Rattles pensioners
He was a class above last night. The way he accelerates for a big man is very impressive. By no means is he ready for the premier league but he's certainly ready to start ahead of Tom Davies.

Paulgreece

TEF Member
They've hid behind EITC, big money being spent on aimless signings and the new ground getting built. They clearly have no idea how to build a successful football club and need slaughtering. If they let Benitez get on with things then fine but it's going to take a few years to recover things and some of our fans are throwing the knife in after a couple of months and two losses on the spin. As if he's going to get the few years he needs.

Let's be honest, the majority of our fans are fucking morons who lap up 'little ole Everton or 'the peoples club'. The club make a donation here and there and it's all good, let's ignore the clear problems at boardroom level, applaud a man who's failed in two ground moves, lied about stadium safety certification, overseen a horrendous barren spell for the club.

Now we get a manager who might actually shake things up and start asking questions the fans are literally waiting, knives sharpened to hound him out.

To be honest I sometimes think we get what we deserve as a fanbase.

Mike

Rattles pensioners
Let's be honest, the majority of our fans are fucking morons who lap up 'little ole Everton or 'the peoples club'. The club make a donation here and there and it's all good, let's ignore the clear problems at boardroom level, applaud a man who's failed in two ground moves, lied about stadium safety certification, overseen a horrendous barren spell for the club.

Now we get a manager who might actually shake things up and start asking questions the fans are literally waiting, knives sharpened to hound him out.

To be fair, Paul, I was chatting with quite a lot of blues up and down County Rd on Saturday and most agreed Benitez needs backing and the club has been ran terribly. This was before and especially after the game. I do think the tide is turning and the board will get shit at the games soon but obviously results like Saturday don't help the manager either.

Durruti

Citizen Smith. All hail the CDPA Panel!

100%. Not the club we used to be. We've become like all the rest, whinging fucking melts incapable of seeing the big picture

Paulgreece

TEF Member
To be fair, Paul, I was chatting with quite a lot of blues up and down County Rd on Saturday and most agreed Benitez needs backing and the club has been ran terribly. This was before and especially after the game. I do think the tide is turning and the board will get shit at the games soon but obviously results like Saturday don't help the manager either.

Nothing will change, Kenwright is still here getting involved in deals, Brands can do no wrong, DBB is the greatest charity CEO ever, ex players being hired left, right and centre.

We set ourselves up for failure and the fanbase see it as the 'Everton family'.

pablo

TEF Member

Mike

Rattles pensioners
I bit of a contradiction to the striker situation where he said it was unfair to play Dobbin at his age.
I'd give them both a chance.
Dobbin is nowhere near ready for premier league football and he's not even a centre forward. If he's coming in to the side for anyone it'll be Gordon.

Mug

Partly Scottish
I bit of a contradiction to the striker situation where he said it was unfair to play Dobbin at his age.
I'd give them both a chance.

Wonder if he thinks he’s got more than 60 minutes in his legs?

Mike

Rattles pensioners
Nothing will change, Kenwright is still here getting involved in deals, Brands can do no wrong, DBB is the greatest charity CEO ever, ex players being hired left, right and centre.

We set ourselves up for failure and the fanbase see it as the 'Everton family'.
I agree but I'm hoping things will change soon. Seems to be lots of rumours going around, which is at least something.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
I watched the U23s last night and Dobbin doesn't look ready. Onyango came off at half time so not sure if he is injured again but he done well. It is actually really difficult to judge players based on them U23 games though because I've seen Davies absolutely run the show in them. This is why I'd prefer the best ones to be out on loan at football league clubs

thebluenose

TEF Member
I watched the U23s last night and Dobbin doesn't look ready. Onyango came off at half time so not sure if he is injured again but he done well. It is actually really difficult to judge players based on them U23 games though because I've seen Davies absolutely run the show in them. This is why I'd prefer the best ones to be out on loan at football league clubs
I'd still trust him over Rondon

Onyango should play over Iwobi or Davies when he gets more minutes under his belt

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce - U23s expert
I'd still trust him over Rondon

Onyango should play over Iwobi or Davies when he gets more minutes under his belt
Have you seen him play? I haven’t but we yearn for anyone to play.
We really don’t want to destroy a kid - especially with how toxic it could get

thebluenose

TEF Member
Have you seen him play? I haven’t but we yearn for anyone to play.
We really don’t want to destroy a kid - especially with how toxic it could get
If he can run, try hard and attempt to run with the ball and hold it up...he's better than Rondon

Is he good enough in the long term? No idea. But no one can be worse than the lovechild of Brett Angel

TheFace

Canal Street tour guide
We’ve been here before many times mate. Didn’t we have the worst winter fixtures possible last time out and came through it. Predicting Everton results is not easy for anyone - we could get 3 points next Monday but it doesn’t change the fact our squad is awful and that’s not Rafas fault.
Yes this is true...

Just when you think we've had it, we go and beat city, Chelsea and the teams around us, lifting us up to euro spots , before going on to lose to Burnley Southampton and palace..

Rinse and repeat lads

TheFace

Canal Street tour guide
There is still enough in this squad to not get fucked over by QPR and Watford! I'd normally expect Rafa's team to be hard to beat and we'll drilled.

I've seen nothing recently to think we've been drilled. We've been lucky that Townsend and Gray have started the season with form.
Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

John

TEF Member
You'd honestly think we were 29 games into the season reading the last few pages of this thread, not 9.

I didn't want the fella but give him a bit of time ffs. It's not as though there haven't been positives this season and we haven't had some decent results.

A couple of bad games with injuries to key players (bad obviously being an understatement for one of them) and everyone's lost their heads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 4)