• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Rafael Benitez

Should Rafa be

• Sacked

• Backed

• Waxed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mick Blue

Pervert disappointed by the cock size
Do people really think this group of players should be qualifying for Europe?

And we call other fans delusional?

The first 11 should be capable of pushing for a European place imo. It’s the depth of the squad, the ridiculous amount of injuries to key players and the atrocious back up players that are the issue imo.

bluerinse

The first 11 should be capable of pushing for a European place imo. It’s the depth of the squad, the ridiculous amount of injuries to key players and the atrocious back up players that are the issue imo.

There seems to be lots of comparisons between us and West Ham atm, probably cos Moyes.

I firmly believe if they lost Antonio (DCL), Bowen (Richarlison), Soucek (Doucoure) and Zouma (Mina) for any period of time they'd be struggling.

Keeping players fit is critical to teams like us and we are so often found wanting. It can't just be bad luck when it's every season

Kyoto

TEF Member
If we had all starting 11 fit 38 games a season we'd make Europe easily imo obviously that's not how Football works.
First 11 - Europe potential.
outside of the 11 - relegation.
Newcastle have better bench options than us.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
I'm fearing the worst if we keep him in charge tbh, relegation although unthinkable may even become a real possibility given Calvert-Lewins prolonged absence.

Once you start losing and even what confidence there is in a few players drains away then losing becomes the norm rather than the exception. Relatively easy games on paper become games that are dreaded because we can't beat anybody.

That's admittedly looking at the very worst scenario but it's one that looks all too possible right now. I've no confidence whatsoever in Benitez, his record at Newcastle hardly matched up to Steve Bruce's and the latter was sacked after finishing 11th and 12th?

Benitez once upon a time may have had ability but he's yesterday's man his methods were effective once upon a time but reality catches up with even the best of managers like Mourinho, never mind lesser ones like Benitez, and what once worked no longer will.

Benitez won cups with Liverpool, failed to do what Klopp has, nowhere near, and recently has struggled with 'lesser' clubs. He's no longer a good fit and should never have been appointed imo.

Is right, Benitez is a spent force chequebook manager and kicks up a stink when he doesn't get the cash to spend, it's got fuck all to do with his connections at the shite for me, I mean, I'd have Klopp here in a heartbeat even though I can't stand the cunt, would have Rodgers here too and can't stand that prick either

Paulgreece

TEF Member

Disagree Mick

Our keeper is ok although prone to massive brainfarts that got that bad we all thought he was getting fucked off.

RB has been pound for pound one of our best buys ever, he was finished at least 2 seasons ago sadly, his history at the club is being tarnished.

We have 1 CB who can't stay fit at all, 1 CB who collapses under mental pressure, 1 CB who young and all over the place and another who thinks he's Baresi despite not being able to do the basics, it's a shit show.

Left back is having a total nightmare again, poor at the back and going forward, can't drop him as the only other.option is out on.loan.

Midfield we struggle in the middle with Doucoure being a good player and Allan ok, them we have, wait for it, Gomes, Davies, Delph and Gbamin, lulz.

We now have Gray and Townsend who've started well, Gray looks like he might be able to keep his form up, Townsend I'm only hoping he can.

Richarlison is massively important to us, we all know that, same with DCL.

Our backup strikers are getting hair sprayed on or out on loan as they're shite.

It's a total fucking shitshow, absolutely no doubt about it, it's criminal what the board have done, therein lies the problem.

Iwobi was money washing, I'm sure of it.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Is right, Benitez is a spent force chequebook manager and kicks up a stink when he doesn't get the cash to spend, it's got fuck all to do with his connections at the shite for me, I mean, I'd have Klopp here in a heartbeat even though I can't stand the cunt, would have Rodgers here too and can't stand that prick either
My thoughts too, I'd have either Rodgers and especially Klopp here in a heartbeat, it's not Benitez's Liverpool connections but the fact I think his methods are now outdated and don't work, football has moved on since his heyday.

There are some who weren't as successful who have stood the test of time far better and not declined so much. Obviously Moyes is one but there are others far better suited too.

Paulgreece

TEF Member
My thoughts too, I'd have either Rodgers and especially Klopp here in a heartbeat, it's not Benitez's Liverpool connections but the fact I think his methods are now outdated and don't work, football has moved on since his heyday.

There are some who weren't as successful who have stood the test of time far better and not declined so much. Obviously Moyes is one but there are others far better suited too.

Same Moyes who made a cunt of himself home and abroad?

Fucking hell

Buggrit Hall

TEF Member
I was watching United getting tonked yesterday and it just reminded me of us.

- We play a 2 in midfield that aren't upto it, they play a 2 in midfield that aren't upto it.
- We play 4 attacking players. They play 4 attacking players.
- We have centre backs who make mistkes galore. They have centre backs that make mistakes galore.
- We have a capable left back who looks badly out of form. They have a capable left back who looks badly out of form.
- We don't keep clean sheets. They don't keep clean sheets.
- We've spent lots of money. They've spent lots of money.

The difference is they have genuine quality at another level to us and don't have the same injury situation they have.

And, to be fair to Benitez, he has been here a matter of months with next to nothing to spend and theirs has been there years and been backed to the hilt.

The lesson to be learned is one of balancing a football team and these days, you can't afford 4 attacking players in the side unless your central midfield is boss and your defenders are boss. Neither can be said for ours.

Teams generally play 3 in midfield, which enables more control of a football match. If we continue with 2, a weak 2 as it will be until Doucoure returns, we will continue to be dominated and our weak defence will come under pressure that it can't withstand.

Benitez has been around the block, he has to realise this and make the appropriate change - even if the 3rd midfield option is somebody very ordinary, to the point they're even a risk.

Made me proper mong roar did that. Cheers!!

mr.flibble

TEF Member

And I wouldn't particularly say that the manager is a historic winner, he had a 3 year purple spell. The squad that Chelsea had when he won the Europa league was the best squad in the competition, any manager could have won that with them.

Largely, every spell he has ever had at a club has been underwhelming. He somehow has this reputation as being an "elite" manager, but the spells he has are average at best. His connections to the shite don't bother me, I just don't see him as elite. He is over rated. Plays shit football. Is yesterday's man.

Historically doesn't give youth a chance. Is a chequebook manager and his record in the transfer market is sketchy at best. Throws his toys out the pram when he doesn't get what he wants. Creates dissension within the club when he starts moaning. Pretty much leaves teams in disarray when he does leaves. He is a stubborn cunt, and will continue to do something to prove he is right. Even to the detriment of the team.

He is a classless twat, who always tries to protect the "Benitez brand" and he lacks integrity: "I would never manage a club like Chelsea". I honestly believe he took this job so he no longer has to work away from home. He is spent, washed up and despite all the sound bites about being hungry, I think even he knows his time has gone. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to China for the money, which he openly admitted to. You wouldn't sign players from that retirement league, why appoint manager from it. Oh, who then signed a player from that retirement league and continues to play him to the detriment of the team. See above re: stubbornness.

So yeah, he isn't going to fix us and will more than likely create more issues that will need fixing. That is why I don't like him. That is why I didn't want him. That is why I can't wait to get rid of him. Not because he is the ex manager of Liverpool.

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon) - sad panda
The ones defending Benitez are using the exact same reasons as those who were defending Ancelotti. This is despite the fact that the former were belittling said reasoning when attacking the previous manager. We’ve come full circle.

As the injuries pile up - as they do more quickly and to greater effect than seemingly any other team - Benitez will come to the same realisation as Ancelotti did: the squad isn’t up to it and this club is rank with ineptitude and bad luck. Ancelotti clearly didn’t have the appetite for what he had in front of him. Hopefully, Benitez has more testicular fortitude.

There’s no point binning Benitez mind, even though the fans will undoubtedly turn on him if/when the shite give us a hiding in a few weeks and they all start singing his name.

Mike

Rattles pensioners
The ones defending Benitez are using the exact same reasons as those who were defending Ancelotti. This is despite the fact that the former were belittling said reasoning when attacking the previous manager. We’ve come full circle.

As the injuries pile up - as they do more quickly and to greater effect than seemingly any other team - Benitez will come to the same realisation as Ancelotti did: the squad isn’t up to it and this club is rank with ineptitude and bad luck. Ancelotti clearly didn’t have the appetite for what he had in front of him. Hopefully, Benitez has more testicular fortitude.

There’s no point binning Benitez mind, even though the fans will undoubtedly turn on him if/when the shite give us a hiding in a few weeks and they all start singing his name.
Ancelotti had been at Everton over a year and we were sat in our own half lumping it up to DCL and Richarlison. He then fucked us off when the season ended. Lack of thank yous from the players says everything, he wasn't right for the club at all. Any comparison is nonsense and it was wrong to continually defend what he was doing. I didn't want him sacked either, I wanted the fella to get a grip. But he didn't because he didn't care.

Rich

CDPA Panelist (like jon) - sad panda
Ancelotti had been at Everton over a year and we were sat in our own half lumping it up to DCL and Richarlison. He then fucked us off when the season ended. Lack of thank yous from the players says everything, he wasn't right for the club at all. Any comparison is nonsense and it was wrong to continually defend what he was doing. I didn't want him sacked either, I wanted the fella to get a grip. But he didn't because he didn't care.
He had the same amount of summer transfer windows as Benitez, did he not? It’s obvious now that Ancelotti wrapped his tits in not long after Xmas. Many of us just assumed that he had given up on the season, rather than the club. Clearly that assumption was wrong and he didn’t have the stomach for it. Looking back, the defensive set up was probably more damage limitation to his own legacy than the team itself; the massive cunt.

Regardless, on Benitez, I’m being speculative. I always advocate for patience. It doesn’t matter if it’s a manager, young player or director of football. Things take time.

It doesn’t matter if you’re Tom Davies or Marcel Brands, if you are still consistently failing after a number of years, then you have to go. I appreciate that there is more urgency with managers given the nature of the beast, but Benitez should still see another transfer window otherwise the problem will never get fixed. This situation, however, is obviously more nuanced and I just hope the fans don’t turn before he gets that opportunity.

Mike

Rattles pensioners
He had the same amount of summer transfer windows as Benitez, did he not? It’s obvious now that Ancelotti wrapped his tits in not long after Xmas. Many of us just assumed that he had given up on the season, rather than the club itself. Clearly that assumption was wrong and he didn’t have the stomach for it. Looking back, the defensive set up was probably more damage limitation to his own legacy than the team itself; the massive cunt.

Regardless, on Benitez, I’m being speculative. I always advocate for patience. It doesn’t matter if it’s a manager, young player or director of football. Things take time.

It doesn’t matter if you’re Tom Davies or Marcel Brands, if you are still consistently failing after a number of years, then you have to go. I appreciate that there is more urgency with managers given the nature of the beast, but Benitez should still see another transfer window otherwise the problem will never get fixed. This situation, however, is obviously more nuanced and I just hope the fans don’t turn before he gets that opportunity.
I'm not still arguing the toss over a fella who walked out on the club as soon as the season ended. He didn't want to know. Fuck him, Rich.

Benitez needs a lot more time than a Summer in which he had no money to spend, Sig being accused of noncery, James wanting to leave, Bernard wanting to leave, Kean wanting to leave and the various other issues such as squad depth, Coleman being older, disorder behind the scenes etc. There's just no comparison at all right now.

I'm not expecting people to blindly support Benitez and a lot are never going to have him because of the Liverpool connection but if we as a fanbase help to hound out another manager so soon then we're going to be in serious trouble because there's not many good managers that will come to Everton. In fact some of the people who hate Benitez on here were spewing at the thought of someone like Potter. Who else is there? Ferguson? Foncseca? OGS? We'll be absolutely fucked. People need to have a serious think about what they could help to do to the club by getting on the managers case so much already, as the board will react and sack him. The fans aren't the reason we're so utterly fucked and Benitez isn't immune from criticism either but we need to focus our energy on the board and demanding changes there.

We're not fucked because of a couple of months under Benitez. We're fucked because of 5 years of shit coming to a head. The last 3 years have been a shambles.

I don't think some of our fans realise what a precarious position we're in. You only have to read this forum and some of our fans still really rate the likes of Iwobi, Davies, Keane et al. One bad managerial appointment and we'll go into a spiral of losing games for months and we'll go down.

T1878

Love Islander
but we need to focus our energy on the board and demanding changes there.

Whilst I completely agree, there doesn't seem to be an ounce of appetite for this, other than tweets or posts on forums. It's a crying shame, because ultimately the failures of the board are going unpunished with little sign of improvement. They must feel as though they are completely unaccountable at this stage. I suppose that's what years of coming up short has done to the fan base - there's not much fight left in a lot of people.

Mike

Rattles pensioners
Whilst I completely agree, there doesn't seem to be an ounce of appetite for this, other than tweets or posts on forums. It's a crying shame, because ultimately the failures of the board are going unpunished with little sign of improvement. They must feel as though they are completely unaccountable at this stage. I suppose that's what years of coming up short has done to the fan base - there's not much fight left in a lot of people.
They've hid behind EITC, big money being spent on aimless signings and the new ground getting built. They clearly have no idea how to build a successful football club and need slaughtering. If they let Benitez get on with things then fine but it's going to take a few years to recover things and some of our fans are throwing the knife in after a couple of months and two losses on the spin. As if he's going to get the few years he needs.

Consayblue22

TEF Member
And I wouldn't particularly say that the manager is a historic winner, he had a 3 year purple spell. The squad that Chelsea had when he won the Europa league was the best squad in the competition, any manager could have won that with them.

Largely, every spell he has ever had at a club has been underwhelming. He somehow has this reputation as being an "elite" manager, but the spells he has are average at best. His connections to the shite don't bother me, I just don't see him as elite. He is over rated. Plays shit football. Is yesterday's man.

Historically doesn't give youth a chance. Is a chequebook manager and his record in the transfer market is sketchy at best. Throws his toys out the pram when he doesn't get what he wants. Creates dissension within the club when he starts moaning. Pretty much leaves teams in disarray when he does leaves. He is a stubborn cunt, and will continue to do something to prove he is right. Even to the detriment of the team.

He is a classless twat, who always tries to protect the "Benitez brand" and he lacks integrity: "I would never manage a club like Chelsea". I honestly believe he took this job so he no longer has to work away from home. He is spent, washed up and despite all the sound bites about being hungry, I think even he knows his time has gone. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to China for the money, which he openly admitted to. You wouldn't sign players from that retirement league, why appoint manager from it. Oh, who then signed a player from that retirement league and continues to play him to the detriment of the team. See above re: stubbornness.

So yeah, he isn't going to fix us and will more than likely create more issues that will need fixing. That is why I don't like him. That is why I didn't want him. That is why I can't wait to get rid of him. Not because he is the ex manager of Liverpool.

Bedwetter......

But they're also the reasons I didn't want him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 6)