• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Rafael Benitez - Sacked

Sacka Da Rafa

• Ya

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Na

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still enough in this squad to not get fucked over by QPR and Watford! I'd normally expect Rafa's team to be hard to beat and we'll drilled.

I've seen nothing recently to think we've been drilled. We've been lucky that Townsend and Gray have started the season with form.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
There is still enough in this squad to not get fucked over by QPR and Watford! I'd normally expect Rafa's team to be hard to beat and we'll drilled.

I've seen nothing recently to think we've been drilled. We've been lucky that Townsend and Gray have started the season with form.
Very true. People rightly calling out the squad but if you offered any manager in the league the 2 squads before the game not 1 would have chosen Watfords over ours. His in game decisions yesterday where miles off which is a shame because I remember thinking he knows what he is doing after the Southampton and Burnley games

Mike

edit: just cba anymore

You can't coach some of the stuff Keane and Godfrey did yesterday. Godfrey chasing a forward across the pitch and to the dugout area for the 3rd goal was brainless, it left us wide open. Kids stuff you see of a Saturday morning. Quite scary tbh.

pablo_p

Beadle Hand
You can't coach some of the stuff Keane and Godfrey did yesterday. Godfrey chasing a forward across the pitch and to the dugout area for the 3rd goal was brainless, it left us wide open. Kids stuff you see of a Saturday morning. Quite scary tbh.

Shades of John Stones with Godfrey this season.

All the attributes in the World - but fuck all between the ears half the time.

Kyoto

TEF Member
Unless he has us in the relegation places we cannot afford to sack the manager, We're sitting on 14 points, same as Leicester/United/Arsenal with 1.7m spent and injuries rampaging, Should be higher but we aren't, Is he faultless? No he isn't yesterday was one of the worst days for a long time and he will rightfully take the blame.

I'm telling you, Before the manager these players need fucking booting. Look how many fucking managers we've been through. It's the same group of shitbags letting us down again and again which has amplified due to poor recruitment.
Michael Keane should be gone.
Coleman should have went a long time ago.
Davies, lol.
Iwobi ahahhahaha.
relying on players like Towsend and Gray who should be rotational at best but due to our shite handling of things we're relying on fucking them two.
Rondon, Shouldn't even be playing this much football but due to again poor recruitment and unlucky injuries he's playing more than he should and deserves.

Firing the manager does not change a fucking thing, The last person that needs sacking IS the manager, Everyone else needs to go before him.

pablo_p

Beadle Hand
Unless he has us in the relegation places we cannot afford to sack the manager, We're sitting on 14 points, same as Leicester/United/Arsenal with 1.7m spent and injuries rampaging, Should be higher but we aren't, Is he faultless? No he isn't yesterday was one of the worst days for a long time and he will rightfully take the blame.

I'm telling you, Before the manager these players need fucking booting. Look how many fucking managers we've been through. It's the same group of shitbags letting us down again and again which has amplified due to poor recruitment.
Michael Keane should be gone.
Coleman should have went a long time ago.
Davies, lol.
Iwobi ahahhahaha.
relying on players like Towsend and Gray who should be rotational at best but due to our shite handling of things we're relying on fucking them two.
Rondon, Shouldn't even be playing this much football but due to again poor recruitment and unlucky injuries he's playing more than he should and deserves.

Firing the manager does not change a fucking thing, The last person that needs sacking IS the manager, Everyone else needs to go before him.

This is spot on - but you could see this coming a mile off and it's half the reason why his appointment was volatile at best.

If he swerves Rondon, I don't think we'll look anywhere near as bad as we have done. But ut's whether or not he'll drop him.

He needs to be afforded the time to sort this shit out. Calls to binbag him are well wide of the mark.

Floody

TEF Member

Agreed.
Look at the state of our bench on Saturday as an inditement of how badly the Moshiri era has been in terms of recruitment and wasteful spending.
  • 2Kenny
  • 4Holgate
  • 7Richarlison
  • 15Begovic
  • 17Iwobi
  • 25Gbamin
  • 31Lonergan
  • 61Dobbin
£500 million spent and we have two goalkeepers on the bench for a Premier League game ffs? There is only Richarlison and Holgate that I would trust to be able to do a job from the bench if brought on.

Benitez has been hamstrung by a lack of money to spend and horrendous* luck with injuries.

*horrendous luck = standard Everton

thebluenose

TEF Member
Then you're an idiot. Wanting the club to be plunged into even more trouble because the manager oversaw a team you dislike is beyond petty
That has nothing to do with it. He left that club over a decade ago.

He was the wrong appointment from the get go, that was always my problem with him and the way this team have played this season is proof of that

It would be great if he turned it around, got us playing good, well drilled football. Solid at the back, binning Iwobi and Rondon forever etc...but that isn't going to happen

Dom

Relatively well read but a fucking moron
That has nothing to do with it. He left that club over a decade ago.

He was the wrong appointment from the get go, that was always my problem with him and the way this team have played this season is proof of that

It would be great if he turned it around, got us playing good, well drilled football. Solid at the back, binning Iwobi and Rondon forever etc...but that isn't going to happen

He's exactly what the club needs right now. Wanting him out is fucking embarrassing. When will people like you realise that a manager needs more than 6 months to get a squad they're happy with and one they can compete with?

Proof of what? We were fine until half our first XI got wiped out with injuries ffs. As long as kneejerk pissy socks like you continue to cry after every poor run the club is going to remain in the doldrums, chasing away managers after not enough time and amassing a squad of individuals because no manager is given enough time to build his own squad

Now is the time for sensible pragmatism, not entitled whinging because the squad isn't good enough

bluerinse

I was watching United getting tonked yesterday and it just reminded me of us.

- We play a 2 in midfield that aren't upto it, they play a 2 in midfield that aren't upto it.
- We play 4 attacking players. They play 4 attacking players.
- We have centre backs who make mistkes galore. They have centre backs that make mistakes galore.
- We have a capable left back who looks badly out of form. They have a capable left back who looks badly out of form.
- We don't keep clean sheets. They don't keep clean sheets.
- We've spent lots of money. They've spent lots of money.

The difference is they have genuine quality at another level to us and don't have the same injury situation they have.

And, to be fair to Benitez, he has been here a matter of months with next to nothing to spend and theirs has been there years and been backed to the hilt.

The lesson to be learned is one of balancing a football team and these days, you can't afford 4 attacking players in the side unless your central midfield is boss and your defenders are boss. Neither can be said for ours.

Teams generally play 3 in midfield, which enables more control of a football match. If we continue with 2, a weak 2 as it will be until Doucoure returns, we will continue to be dominated and our weak defence will come under pressure that it can't withstand.

Benitez has been around the block, he has to realise this and make the appropriate change - even if the 3rd midfield option is somebody very ordinary, to the point they're even a risk.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Wolves away
Sound.

I think they'll beat us, so I guess we'll have to come back to this next week.

Another point, and I'm not digging you out personally, but you assured us that the manager wouldn't flap games against shite at home, and he will make us more solid defensively.

What do you think has gone wrong?

Kyoto

TEF Member
The set piece defending is a massive issue and needs fixing, Bin that zonal shite off ASAP.
Watford don't even get back into that game if we weren't so fucking horrendous at defending setpieces.
These players are braindead, go man for man.

bluerinse

and he will make us more solid defensively.

I'm surprised we haven't had a few more clean sheets and particularly how poor we are at defending set plays. I read somewhere it was 5 out of 11 goals we'd conceded when it was 2-2. That's just far too high a number. People who've backed Benitez have been sleeping on how poor we are from set plays and it's becoming a major, major problem.

I thought when we hired Benitez we'd be a lot more dour to watch than we have been. Much more focussed on the defence, but it's gone a bit the other way. It's not always been a bad thing, plenty of times we've scored 2+ goals in a match.

But I am starting to get worried about the defensive side of things. How can anybody not be after that shit show at the weekend.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
I'm surprised we haven't had a few more clean sheets and particularly how poor we are at defending set plays.

I thought when we hired Benitez we'd be a lot more dour to watch than we have been. Much more focussed on the defence, but it's gone a bit the other way. It's not always been a bad thing, plenty of times we've scored 2+ goals in a match.

But I am starting to get worried about the defensive side of things. How can anybody not be after that shit show at the weekend.
A large number of posters convinced us (or tried to) that Benitez would tighten it up, and we wouldn't be mirroring exactly what we did under Ancelotti. Funnily enough, we're just as shite under Benitez.

Mick Blue

Pervert disappointed by the cock size
Sound.

Another point, and I'm not digging you out personally, but you assured us that the manager wouldn't flap games against shite at home, and he will make us more solid defensively.

I do think we’ll lose against Wolves. Mainly because I have absolutely no faith in our midfield options and we’ll be overrun.

Dom

Relatively well read but a fucking moron
Sound.

Not sure if you've noticed all the injuries to the only decent players in the squad mate but that usually has an effect on performances and results.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Not sure if you've noticed all the injuries to the only decent players in the squad mate but that usually has an effect on performances and results.
I've noticed.

I've also noticed he played Rondon for 90 minutes, took off the man of the match and failed to set his team up to be able to defend on Saturday.

He's getting it wrong Dom. Just because you're pro-Benitez doesn't mean you can't admit that. It's really worrying at the minute and it's going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)