• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Rafael Benitez - Sacked

Sacka Da Rafa

• Ya

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Na

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

TEF Member
Thoughts?

I know kev1 fucking loves him and I've seen loads of Blues on twitter creaming their kecks over him.

He's won a lot of trophies and he's got a 50% career win record, very decent.

The gripe I have with him is that look at the teams he's managed.

Liverpool, what did he spend, 200 mill?

Inter, treble winners and two non-games to win a club winners cup?

Now Chelsea, how much does their team cost? 500 mill? A squad as good as any in the league. Well done for winning the Europa League with Benfica being the first team that you probably should have struggled against.

Now come to Everton, spend 2 million over 11 years or whatever it is...

Dixie

Elite Member
I don't think the situation at Inter was too manageable for anyone to be fair. They had an aging squad who loved Mourinho and had just won the Champions league. They were demotivated from the off and at one point had about 14 injuries to the first team squad, a lot of them top players.

He's a great manager in the right circumstance. Cunt of a man and completely classless but he's a winner no doubt.

Walker

TEF Member
Can't deny him the actual trophies, it still takes a good manager to make sure they win it.

And I'll give him the Inter job, I was thinking that as I typed it out but isn't it up to him to turn it around?

Blisssss

Football Forum Mod
Also I don't know if it's because I've been brought up as a Rangers fan and part of the Old Firm derby, but the thought of a former liverpool manager managing Everton turns my stomach.

Gillyefc

TEF Member
If he came here and won trophies, qualified for CL I wouldn't honestly care how much of a cunt he has been in the past to be honest. He won't though, he'll go to a club with money. We needed a new board before we needed a new manager unfortunately.

jester

TEF Member
No chance what so ever of him becoming our next manager, Kenwright wouldn't take the risk, it's too controversial.

markymark

TEF Member
Maybe it's time to knock all these classy, respectable, plucky nametags off and get in someone like Benitez who has got the winning mentality.

In the Neville farewell thread, the point of not surrounding refs etc. 2 comments, fergie made players do it and Ratcliffe said Kendall made them do it. Winners.

Might be time to turn to someone a bit ruthless who maybe not everyone will like but will actually shake things up a bit.

Were at a crossroads now, Moyes style manager to keep treading water for another 5 years and the very big risk going backward or someone who knows how to win.

Grayperview

The artist once known as Skank_Whore
Shit manager, who needs millions to spend....also a classless horrible twat..

I will no longer support Everton if they let him in our club..

Brownie

TEF Member
The main problem I have with him is the comments he came out with when he was at Liverpool, small clubs, plastic fans, 50,000 people & whatever.

Granted he handled the shit he was getting at Chelsea very well imo and he went up in my book because of it.

I would feel a bit of a hypocrite supporting him after all the shite I gave my RS supporting mates when he was in charge of that mob.

LeichTractor

TEF Member
A champions league and europa league winning manager or lennon/mackay/hughes etc. Errr...I know who I would take, couldnt give a crap who he's managed in the past or how much of a cart he is, winning is winning!

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Other than the stuff he has said about us in the past, which has annoyed me to no end, I think he is the type of manager who needs a lot of money to get success, which in fairness he does quite a lot.

Cant imagine him in our club though, having to scrape for players and losing out on many because of the money situation.

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
He needs alot of money. His largest achievements have come when hes been using someone elses team i.e Chelsea and Liverpool European wins. When hes tasked with building a new team for himself like that at Liverpool he has a history of throwing money on shite players.

Gone up in my estimation with this Chelsea shit but frankly dont think we and him are suited. However if its a choice between him and Martinez then i would happily drive Benitez to Goodison myself.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
Fuck that. I'd rather we never won anything again than accept a classless cunt who showed complete and utter disrespect for our great club. Have a word with yourselves.

DannyMc

TEF Member
Thoughts?

I know kev1 fucking loves him and I've seen loads of Blues on twitter creaming their kecks over him.

He's won a lot of trophies and he's got a 50% career win record, very decent.

The gripe I have with him is that look at the teams he's managed.

Liverpool, what did he spend, 200 mill?

Inter, treble winners and two non-games to win a club winners cup?

Now Chelsea, how much does their team cost? 500 mill? A squad as good as any in the league. Well done for winning the Europa League with Benfica being the first team that you probably should have struggled against.

Now come to Everton, spend 2 million over 11 years or whatever it is...

Martinez who's finishes 17th every season (and we'd have to buy him and his backroom staff out of their contracts then pay them all off if we had to release them if it didn't work out) or Benitez who wouldn't cost a penny and finishes in and around the top 5 every season. Seems a no brainer to me, even if he is a cunt with no class. You don't have to like the man, as long as the teams doing well that's all that matters!

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce - U23s expert
Thanks Walker!!

Yes - I want Benitez and I'm having this argument with all my mates. It really is a no brainer

For : A winner! Won La liga, champs lge, Europa Cup, FA cup, league cup and managed Chelski under ridiculous circumstances. He is available and won't cost us anything

Against: He said we were a small cloob and is a cunt!!

All footballers and managers are mercenaries and cunts! Moyes prob wouldn't have stayed with us if he wasn't the 3rd best paid manager in the league.

I say fuck his past - we need a winner and Rafa is a cunt - but a winner

jon

Hall monitor
He needs alot of money. His largest achievements have come when hes been using someone elses team i.e Chelsea and Liverpool European wins. When hes tasked with building a new team for himself like that at Liverpool he has a history of throwing money on shite players.

Add to this the fact that he is an utter cunt and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)