• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Premier League Team of 18/19

dixies60

TEF Member
Pogba Robertson and Taa being in there are and absolute joke they are only in there because if who they play for

Sigurdsson and richarlison deserve itire.than pogba not to.mention hazard

And I think digne has been more consistent than Robertson

ScottM

TEF Member
Robertson and Alexander-Arnold both have more assists and clean sheets than Digne, which is why they'll be in ahead of him and Wan-Bissaka respectively.

I'd rather none of our players were mentioned in there to be honest, we've already got newspapers trying to sell Digne to Chelsea.

T1878

Love Islander
As much as I dislike the related media obsession, Wolves deserve a player in there. Like it or not, they've got 51 points (and counting) in their debut season. Obviously these PFA teams are something of a popularity contest, but that defence is purely based on the teams they play for rather than how good a season they've had.

I'd maybe find a place for Son in my team of the year too.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Personally I think it's...

------------------------Ederson
Azpilicueta ----Van-Dijk----- Laporte----Robertson
----------------Bernardo-----Gana-----------------
------Sterling-------Aguero--------Hazard

ScottM

TEF Member
Gana is a great shout to be honest, but again, not surprised he's been overlooked.

Mug

TEF Member
Not that I’m arsed but isn’t it the team of the year not the season given it’s voted for something like late January early February.

Can't disagree with the back 5. TAA gets in because of the dirge of right backs.

Pogba is a joke. Hazard over the season has been loads better. Son is a glaring omission. Not sure how he has missed out.

I think it's pretty close to being spot on though. Hard to argue too many others, considering them 2 clubs are miles ahead.

Pogba was terrible for 3/4 of the season though, but was shining when the votes were cast.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
I think as an individual player, Hazard has been by far the best player in the Prem this year.

I believe no player has been involved in more goals (scoring/assiting).

It really is absurd that he misses out - much more so than Son, imo.

TylerDurden

Super Mod - I am always right
I think as an individual player, Hazard has been by far the best player in the Prem this year.

I believe no player has been involved in more goals (scoring/assiting).

It really is absurd that he misses out - much more so than Son, imo.
You messing? He's been good but I don't think he's been anywhere near the best player in the league. Right not to be in it imo

I'd like to see the likes of Jiminez get a mention

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
You messing? He's been good but I don't think he's been anywhere near the best player in the league. Right not to be in it imo

I'd like to see the likes of Jiminez get a mention
Joking aren't you?

He's scored 16 goals and created 13 in a poor Chelsea side.

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
Are players that haven't even played 30 games getting in the team of the season?

The league is in worse shape than even I thought.

TylerDurden

Joking aren't you?

He's scored 16 goals and created 13 in a poor Chelsea side.
So? Stats don't mean much mate, his performances levels have not been the highest or most consistent in the league. Not a chance

Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Mane
Van Dijk
Son

All have outperformed him by some distance for me

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
So? Stats don't mean much mate, his performances levels have not been the highest or most consistent in the league. Not a chance

Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Mane
Van Dijk
Son

All have outperformed him by some distance for me
All 5 of them are in much better teams than Hazard, who's carried his side to where they are.

Imagine he had a striker to link up with.

TylerDurden

All 5 of them are in much better teams than Hazard, who's carried his side to where they are.

Imagine he had a striker to link up with.
Can't take that into consideration though. You can only judge them how they've performed individually and there are many this season who have been better and more consistent than Hazard.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Can't take that into consideration though. You can only judge them how they've performed individually and there are many this season who have been better and more consistent than Hazard.
I absolutely disagree, but you won't be swayed so no point in arguing.

MLWEFC

Ex-Love Islander who has seen the light
Adan Azzar has been fantastic this season. Kante has been pushed forward into an different position so can't have a got at him but the rest of the Chelsea midfield has been chronic.

It's a testament to Hazard that they're favourites for 4th because the rest of them have been arse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)