• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Pre-season 21/22

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
I thought Gblammo looked alright once he settled in - really cool penalty too.

Gray looks a threat soley because of his pace - lightening quick.

Not too sold on Broadhead and Anderson but it’s boss to see some of the younger lads on the pitch with the first team.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
I just watched the 2nd half here if anyone else wants to

Gomes did well for the penalty and seemed to try and get much higher up the pitch in general than what he has done previously. Broadhead looked more dangerous than Kean, Gray, James, Townsend and Iwobi. I was surprised to see Gray played centrally. Gbamin became more confident as the half went on, started pinging some nice balls about. Tom Davies playing on the right :oops: The lad Anderson who came on at left back was a bit shit.
Kean looked absolutely shite didn’t he?

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
Thought Gordon showed some nice touches and looked keen to drive forward with the ball.

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce. Reality TV overlord
Townsend was pretty good, granted it's preseason, etc but I think he could be a solid squad player
I said all along - he will be more than a squad player. He’s a winger who can pass and cross a ball with a great shot.

Paulgreece

TEF Member
I won't be replying or getting into an argument about this, but I think it's obvious Iwobi, Kean and Gomes are shit players and not worth a wank.

kev1

Did Gray play centrally all game? Interesting one that
Played on the left and looked good.
If we buy a right back and play Townsend and Gray then we are infinitely better than last season.

kev1

He did not play on the left, he played in the middle as a 2 with Broadhead. Gordon played on the left.
Well it was 1am and I was watching it on my phone but wherever he played he looked good.
Gordon looked too lightweight

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
I keep thinking “give him a chance, don’t write him off yet” but yeah he was terrible last night.

He just never looks like a footballer but he must have something about him.
He just doesn’t give a shite and fumbles the ball at every opportunity. He tries to carry it forward but just seems to lose it every single time. I’d like him to come good and save us money on a new signing but it doesn’t look good at the moment.

Space_Ghost

TEF Member
I disagree with this, you know. He's played wide almost exclusively through his career bar for Nigeria. And it's only Iwobi who thinks he's an attacking-mid.

He's much better out wide, IMO. But he's only had about 4 good games for us.

Played wide left and drifts inside, which is where he should play for us if we don't have Rich, and should play number 10 when James isn't playing. He should be the back up for each IMO. Last season he played almost exclusively on the right and got pissed off about it.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Played wide left and drifts inside, which is where he should play for us if we don't have Rich, and should play number 10 when James isn't playing. He should be the back up for each IMO. Last season he played almost exclusively on the right and got pissed off about it.
Hold on…. Are you that El Pivote fella?

Potrik

TEF Member
Alex Iwobi is fucking gash. He was shit at Arsenal and he’s still still shit at Everton.

All you need is a pair of eyes to see how bad he is. Not even up for debate.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
Alex Iwobi is fucking gash. He was shit at Arsenal and he’s still still shit at Everton.

All you need is a pair of eyes to see how bad he is. Not even up for debate.
He’s fucking terrible but there’s a small number of fans who relentlessly defend him.

It’s probably best for him if he just moves on and finds a team where he can play regularly and contribute.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
He’s fucking terrible but there’s a small number of fans who relentlessly defend him.

It’s probably best for him if he just moves on and finds a team where he can play regularly and contribute.

Would be nice if we somehow get a fee for him.

Don’t think he’s on massive wages compared to others so hopefully one of the promoted sides fancy taking a punt on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)