• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Potential Marco Silva replacements

Who do you want to be Everton manager (After losing at home to Norwich)

• David Moyes

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Poch

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Arteta

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Keep Silva

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Someone else - name them

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

bluerinse

Let's hear who you feel should replace him?

And, what would you expect them to achieve this season?

Realistic suggestions only please.

markymark

TEF Member
Benitez, Mourinho, Wenger, Espírito Santo, Bielsa.

5 off the top of my head who would immediately improve us and make us better and none that are beyond the realms of possibility. Bullshit to all this they wouldn’t come here, wouldn’t lower themselves. We pay bang average managers £100k a week on 3/4 year contracts, money talks.

Reactions: jon

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
Bearing in mind we now have a very international squad, it’s a very different question to what it has been in previous years.

To keep players believing in “the project” I think we’d need someone with proven European football pedigree

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place

5 off the top of my head who would immediately improve us and make us better and none that are beyond the realms of possibility. Bullshit to all this they wouldn’t come here, wouldn’t lower themselves. We pay bang average managers £100k a week on 3/4 year contracts, money talks.
Bloody hell. Wolves are one of the few teams doing worse than us!!!

Or equally, whatever. Not another fucking flavour of the month manager please God.

Last edited:

Gilroy

TEF Member
Gallardo from River Plate. Or Marco Rose from Mönchengladbach.

It’s impossible to say though. We don’t know what we would be prepared to pay wages wise, what transfer budget we would offer, how involved Brands is day to day etc. All factors which would influence an appointment.

There is a wider issue for me too in terms of the set up. No way are Boa Morte, who was coaching in Israel ffs, and Ferguson the best coaches we can get. Look at the lack of invention, poor movement, set piece debacles etc. They all point to poor coaching.

We need to bring someone in with a good backroom team and have a clearout.

markymark

TEF Member
Bloody hell. Wolves are one of the few teams doing worse than us!!!

Or equally, whatever. Not another fucking flavour of the month manager please God.
Haha! Yea. Let’s ignore him getting them promoted and qualifying for Europe whilst spending about 1/3 of the money we did in the same period while also playing some decent attacking football.

They’re also doing better than us, having had a lot harder start in comparison and already having played 8 games in the Europa League.

Yea, let’s stick with Marco

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place
Haha! Yea. Let’s ignore him getting them promoted and qualifying for Europe whilst spending about 1/3 of the money we did in the same period while also playing some decent attacking football.

They’re also doing better than us, having had a lot harder start in comparison and already having played 8 games in the Europa League.

Yea, let’s stick with Marco
I can't be arsed countering most of your points but we sacked Koeman for exactly what is going on at Wolves.

jon

Global Moderator

Good to see suggestions & I'll admit I know nowhere near enough about Biesla's pedigree, but Wenger is a busted flush, Benitez is a bit of a myth imo (despite the CL win, look back at it & his track record for being divisive) & Mourinho wouldn't look twice at us now, imo.

bluerinse

Fwiw, I would go Marcelino. Chuck it all at him. Done well at Valencia, fans gutted to see him go, won the Copa del Rey, got them CL.

That's the level I would be demanding if we are to fuck Silva off.

My view on some others...

Wenger, would be a disaster waiting to happen imo.

Mourinho, probably has eyes on Madrid and wouldn't come anyway.

Can't see Benitez taking it cos of his Liverpool connections.

Arteta would be a major risk, but one I would fully get behind.

Howe always gets mentioned, he could do well or do shit. I think the latter, he certainly won't get us keeping clean sheets.

Dyghe was mentioned last time. Cba going
down the dinosaur route again. No 1000x over.

Moyes can fuck off, if you're reading, Bill.

Atalanta have done well in recent seasons, their manager? Don't even know who it is but I know they've done well under him.

Failing Marcelino, the Ajax manager. Could Marcel's Dutch connection make me dream? Yes, but that almost certainly, not gunna happen imo.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
The fact it’ll be Brands rather than Bill deciding hopefully means we shouldn’t even have to contemplate shouts of Moyes/Dyche/Neville/etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 3)