• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Next manager (if they do make a change)

Should Everton change manager?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

pablo

Bin regulator
I don’t think Cannavaro would ever be my choice, but I could maybe get on board with it as a summer appointment. Like Palace taking a risk on Viera. If he’d failed miserably they could have got rid after 10-15 games and still been fine.

That happening now for us would mean certain relegation.
The big difference is Palace, like most clubs, have a director of football. They selected Viera and have given him the tools for the job. If he fails, they will replace him quickly. Just as if he's half decent and bins them, they will replace him quickly.

Everton are a different animal and different to almost every team in the league.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Bored of this already. So utterly depressing. I'm now of the opinion Moshiri doesn't care and has an ulterior motive. It's money laundering or something like that. Nobody is that stupid

Neil A

Our man in Spain
Cannavaro would be interesting wouldn't he. Great football brain...

He's done better (with two clubs) than our previous manager in China... But to be honest it doesn't really matter, to be a success he would have to motivate the players we have, much like Lampard and Rooney would have to.
It's an unknown, not necessarily the disaster some people think... He could be as good as Conte. Who knows... Xavi was six years in the desert with Al-Saad, his team got booed off the pitch, comes back and seems to be doing well.

Anyway, they'll be on to Pirlo and Gattuso next week I'm sure...

I don't think he will be terrible it's unknown, but he won't have come across players like ours before

dixies60

TEF Member
I agree. It's madness to even consider it
Why is it madness benitez was managing in China since he left Newcastle so you could ask out of all the jobs that have become available since why he hasn't been appointed elsewhere yet we saw fit to appoint him here

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
Isn’t king one of kenwrights media mates? If so could it suggest a big divide between him and moshiri?
Well I’m sure there is a divide. Bill favours his mates clearly and sentimental appointments but one thing he isn’t is a fucking mad man like Moshiri. He will see how bad it is to just listen to agents and be considering appointing someone like Cannavaro.

Mike

edit: just cba anymore
Well I’m sure there is a divide. Bill favours his mates clearly and sentimental appointments but one thing he isn’t is a fucking mad man like Moshiri. He will see how bad it is to just listen to agents and be considering appointing someone like Cannavaro.
He is though and that's the issue, we're ran by megalomaniacs. It's not that one man is the issue, not at all.

View: https://twitter.com/jm1tty/status/709206558421479425

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVQ4LjF9HVM

Reidsxgray

TEF Member
We’ll be diplomatic then and say it’s a touch of senility rather than madness that kenwright wants to bring back a man who was an abject failure 6 years ago

Reidsxgray

TEF Member
He is though and that's the issue, we're ran by megalomaniacs. It's not that one man is the issue, not at all.

Exactly, listening to the 27 campaign Twitter space earlier, they are absolutely correct but to actually hear people talk about the state of the club, the ineptitude of people at the top and the direction the club is going in is disheartening and very sad

scott_efc

There’s levels though isn’t there. Kenwright is of course a problem. But I’m fairly sure left to him we don’t appoint Fat Sam, Ancelotti, Benitez and probably not Marco Silva either. We wouldnt have spilled tens of millions on James and the like. If Kenwright had his way Moyes would be in charge now. like Moyes or not we wouldn’t be in the mess we are now.

This isn’t a defence of Kenwright. But for all his shitness if he had the final say on eveything we would be in a far better place than what Moshiri has created. And that in itself is an indictment of just how mad Moshiri is that even when compared to Kenwright he comes out on the shit end.

In an ideal world we just employ the best people for the job. But given the choice of the two I’d take Kenwrights decision making over Moshiris.

Bluebru

Resident queer
There’s levels though isn’t there. Kenwright is of course a problem. But I’m fairly sure left to him we don’t appoint Fat Sam, Ancelotti, Benitez and probably not Marco Silva either. We wouldnt have spilled tens of millions on James and the like. If Kenwright had his way Moyes would be in charge now. like Moyes or not we wouldn’t be in the mess we are now.

This isn’t a defence of Kenwright. But for all his shitness if he had the final say on eveything we would be in a far better place than what Moshiri has created. And that in itself is an indictment of just how mad Moshiri is that even when compared to Kenwright he comes out on the shit end.

In an ideal world we just employ the best people for the job. But given the choice of the two I’d take Kenwrights decision making over Moshiris.
You’re only saying that because you know that Kenwright would have Moyes back here in a heartbeat

Mike

edit: just cba anymore

Impossible to know, easy to speculate.

Who knows where a club that had Martinez as manager and was spending £14m on the likes of Niasse, when they had next to no money, would've eventually ended up.

scott_efc

You’re only saying that because you know that Kenwright would have Moyes back here in a heartbeat
Not really. It’s part of it in that I’m saying he makes more sensible managerial choices. But I just think Kenwright knows more about football. Yeh he fills the club with old boys and mates and that’s part of the problem but I’d rather that than a clueless owner who is a puppet master for agents to rinse us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)