• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Michael Keane

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Bin

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Apparently his contract ends at end of next season. I bet whoever buys him ends up paying full market value for him.

Clubs rumoured to be interested are us, liverpool, man utd, chelsea and leicester.

T1878

TEF Member
Would he got back to United, they fucked him off didn't they? They've also got quite a few in that position.

Really, really hoping this one is sewn up and he's coming here - impressed this season and is a good age.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Would he got back to United, they fucked him off didn't they? They've also got quite a few in that position.

Really, really hoping this one is sewn up and he's coming here - impressed this season and is a good age.
he would start for utd alongside bailly id imagine. They have numbers at centre back but none are what you would call top drawer. Smalling, Jones and rojo scream average.

if all those linked genuinely are interested then he won't be coming here.

scott_efc

The Forum Hypocrite
Id imagine clubs in the North West will have the upper hand as he wont have to move. Its a case of will Utd and Liverpool want him and if so will they guarantee him first team football. If they do and can then we are fucked as per. If not we stand a chance.

Again our only hope might be to blow them out of the water financially which so far we seem reluctant to do in order to get deals done.
[Bill12]

yeah

TEF Member

Would Lukaku go back to Chelsea?

scott_efc

The Forum Hypocrite
Still im just glad we didnt try and wrap this one up in the last transfer window.

[lukakunoo]

When Rom said there were players we could have got and didnt im sure he wasnt talking about Keane but it very much feels like the likes of Van Dijk and Keane are now going to be getting much better offers than us. Go big and go early and we stand a chance. Wait to be in the running on a level playing field along with the rest of the mob and we lose.

toffee_boy_andy

TEF Member
One year left on his deal. He's obviously made it pretty clear he wont be signing another.

Would be nice to think there's more to it, and that we've agreed a deal with the player. If he's smart though he'll be keeping his options open and seeing what interest he gets in the run up to the window opening on 1st July.

Mug

TEF Member
Looks like the big lion heart centreback Mourinho likes in the Terry/Cahill mould so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Utd interested.

143Blue

TEF Member
If we lose the likes of Rom and Ross, there is a better chance of us getting Robbie fecking Keane.
Who would want to come here if we sell our best two players?
Mercerises for the money?
Its a slippery slope from then on imo.
We have to show more ambition this coming window or the "project" go's back at least a couple of years.

Andycm81

TEF Member
If we lose the likes of Rom and Ross, there is a better chance of us getting Robbie fecking Keane.
Who would want to come here if we sell our best two players?
Mercerises for the money?
Its a slippery slope from then on imo.
We have to show more ambition this coming window or the "project" go's back at least a couple of years.
Whilst I agree what you're saying, losing Ross & Rom I imagine wouldn't put the likes of Keane/Sigurdsson off coming here, they are players that aren't quite ready for the "top" clubs, and would still be happy to come here. From relegation fodder (Swansea more so than Burnley obviously) to us is still a pretty big leap.

Floody

TEF Member

It never stopped Pogba going back to United?
Looks like it is between Everton & Utd in the early betting 11/10 ManU and 5/4 Everton

https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/transfer-specials

We could guarantee Keane first team football but I think if Utd show any interest he will end up there.

143Blue

TEF Member
Whilst I agree what you're saying, losing Ross & Rom I imagine wouldn't put the likes of Keane/Sigurdsson off coming here, they are players that aren't quite ready for the "top" clubs, and would still be happy to come here. From relegation fodder (Swansea more so than Burnley obviously) to us is still a pretty big leap.
Decent signings for a top half team,but lose Rom and Ross, and bring in the likes of Keane, Sigurdsson, Rooney and another striker, would only consolidate a top 6/7 finish, I think we are all underestimating how important Roms goals are. I honestly think losing Rom would but a massive question mark over us challenging a top 4 place.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker
Hes very good but is he ready for one of the big clubs? He's going to be guaranteed first team football with us and will play with much better players than he has been. We can also sell him the 'project'
I think the big clubs will be going for VVD and I hope that Keane will join us as he can be like Stones - but can actually defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartSlinger

TEF Member
Reckon he'll come here, especially if we have Europa League. He'll see it as the next step in his career, and if we're just a stepping stone thats fine, but we'll have a few years to make sure that Keane & many others stay for more than just a few years.

Adversus

Forum Gobshite
Banned
Any player good enough for us is good enough for their squads.

Unfortunately this is why I thought last summer was so crucial. We will need to pay Chinese wages to attract the right players.

Still im just glad we didnt try and wrap this one up in the last transfer window.

[lukakunoo]

When Rom said there were players we could have got and didnt im sure he wasnt talking about Keane but it very much feels like the likes of Van Dijk and Keane are now going to be getting much better offers than us. Go big and go early and we stand a chance. Wait to be in the running on a level playing field along with the rest of the mob and we lose.
We did try. Burnley wouldn't sell their top defender while they were still in trouble of going down.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Right, I do want this lad; but I haven't seen enough of the lad to make a judgement. So my wanting him is based heavily on the fact that, literally, everyone I've spoken to about him really rates him.

So is he any good? Who does he remind you of? What are his stats like?

Ta in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)