• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

On Loan Mason Holgate - Loaned to West Brom

Gym or Bin?

• Gym

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Bin

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Everton place bid of real money for young defender

Everton have placed a bid for young Barnsley defender Mason Holgate as the Barnsley player moves towards a move to Bournemouth according to the Daily Mail.

Bournemouth will hold talks with the 18 year old this week but Newcastle United and Everton are still in the hunt for the versatile player who can play at right-back and centre-back.

Holgate played 22 times for the Tykes last season and has a burgeoning reputation and is likely to leave South Yorkshire for a fee of around £1m.

Holgate could follow in the steps of Everton defender John Stones who made the move to Goodison Park to great success.

Will Everton sign another player this summer?

Everton Fan? Register for FREE on our Everton messageboard – www.theevertonforum.co.uk/forum

The post Everton place bid of real money for young defender appeared first on Everton Forum - The latest Everton News and Everton Forum.

Continue reading...

michaelgt5

TEF Member
Hopefully this is an extra signing and not 1 of the 3 Martinez was on about.

Can't complain for the price quoted, another one for the future

Naf_Vertone

Betting Mod
Reading here, a couple of Barnsley fans don't rate him and think he's believing his own hype:

http://tyketalk.co.uk/threads/holgates-fee.906/
From reading them comments, they just say that he is not as good as John Stones but still a decent player. Well that is the impression I got and hard to get a full impression given there are only a few comments on the matter.

The most interesting comment on there was

"Was told yesterday that if stones signs a new contract with Everton that the sell on clause becomes void if he moves after. Thought nothing of it the first time I heard it but after the team photo I heard it again twice".

Andycm81

TEF Member
From reading them comments, they just say that he is not as good as John Stones but still a decent player. Well that is the impression I got and hard to get a full impression given there are only a few comments on the matter.

The most interesting comment on there was

"Was told yesterday that if stones signs a new contract with Everton that the sell on clause becomes void if he moves after. Thought nothing of it the first time I heard it but after the team photo I heard it again twice".
That must be bollocks as he's already signed a new contract last season, which by that unlikely scenario would surely mean the clause has already gone?

Mr Kirk

Mr Passenger
It sounds like bollocks, but who knows.
Sounds like shite but you never know with clauses in contracts.

Might have been a clause we pay them extra at a contract extension. But that which then replaces a sell on clause sounds a bit far fetched.

McLovin

The glue that holds this place together
Clauses can't be voided by signing new contracts. Or we'd just get him to sign one straight away. Same was always said about Rooneys contract

Fozastuta

TEF Member
He's passed the medical, know its time for the lad to be frustrated talking contracts with our weapons running the club.

Azza

TEF Member
Fucking hell... SSN "Are Everton about to sign the new John Stones, as speculation about his future and a move to Chelsea continues". Tits!

My mate who runs On The Ponty End wrote this a few weeks ago:

The comparison with Stones is being overplayed in my opinion. Whilst both have progressed via the Barnsley Academy, which is producing some fantastic talent, including George Smith, James Bree and more, Holgate would certainly benefit from another season in League One. Competitive game time would give his game consistency and help nurture his confidence. In time, Holgate could make it at the highest level. For now, I fear that he could lose momentum with any move. Whichever route out of Oakwell he decides to take – perhaps a loan back deal might be the best option? John Stones on the other hand was ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)