• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Marco Silva - Sacked!!

When will Marco Silva be sacked?

• Before Chelsea

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • In a few weeks when fixtures improve

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Won't get sacked

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
We paid 30 million for Klaasen. 45 for siggy.. If we want this guy pay the money and get it done
Klaassen was 24m, but that isn't the point. We said at the time that we overpaid for both of these and we have. We now won't be able to shift their high wages if the new man doesn't fancy them.

So what you are saying is what got us in this mess

MartSlinger

Love Islander
Still think he'll be Everton Manager soon, just Watford playing the usual hard ball.

To go more than £8.5m is a lot for a Manager with only 18 months on his deal left, but its not my money so couldnt care less.

AndersLimpar

TEF Member
Much easier for a manager to walk out on his club, if we then hired him, we would surely only have to pay the balance of his remaining contract when he left as compo via a tribunal. I can't imagine he's on that much money, especially with only 18 months left on his deal too.

What would actually happen if he just quit? Can he (us) not just pay out the rest of his contract?

boris

TEF Member
What would actually happen if he just quit? Can he (us) not just pay out the rest of his contract?

That’s exactly what can happen and will happen.

You can’t demote a manager to the u21s, once he’s not happy you have to let him go and accept his contract getting paid up.

If he’s getting a 400% wage increase coming here, it’s only a matter of time before he does what Koeman did to Southampton.

Silva is quite a cheap option for us.

Crafty II

The Chief Whip
Still think he'll be Everton Manager soon, just Watford playing the usual hard ball.

To go more than £8.5m is a lot for a Manager with only 18 months on his deal left, but its not my money so couldnt care less.

I reckon managers should be paid more than the players tbh. It would give them a sense of authority. That said, the rate they get sacked, fuck paying that compo every 6 months.

Klaassen was 24m, but that isn't the point. We said at the time that we overpaid for both of these and we have. We now won't be able to shift their high wages if the new man doesn't fancy them.

So what you are saying is what got us in this mess
No my point is we were prepared to go above the odds for players when a manager is more important. And that I can't see that been the reason we won't get him if it's who moshiri wants

No my point is we were prepared to go above the odds for players when a manager is more important. And that I can't see that been the reason we won't get him if it's who moshiri wants
Maybe we have learnt from our mistakes

AndersLimpar

TEF Member
That’s exactly what can happen and will happen.

You can’t demote a manager to the u21s, once he’s not happy you have to let him go and accept his contract getting paid up.

If he’s getting a 400% wage increase coming here, it’s only a matter of time before he does what Koeman did to Southampton.

Silva is quite a cheap option for us.

In which case why have we offered them £8.5 million?

If he’s on £1million a year at Watford then 18 months left would be around £1.5m... 7 million seems an awful lot of cash to just be seen to do the right thing.

boris

TEF Member

If he’s on £1million a year at Watford then 18 months left would be around £1.5m... 7 million seems an awful lot of cash to just be seen to do the right thing.

We don’t know for certain what he’s on, that may also involve all his team that he wants to bring and Silva may at this stage of indicated he’s not going to kick up a fuss so we have made them a fair offer.

Also, we may not have offered that anyway, you can never really believe these reports until you see exactly what was done in hindsight.

If he wants to come, I expect his next step will be soon nothing along the lines of “he’d like the opportunity to talk with Everton” which I’d imagine is already not too far away.

I hope so anyway.

pablo

TEF Member
You can imagine people at Everton undermining each other lining up their own targets. Won't be surprised to see Sam back in the race at some point.

AndersLimpar

TEF Member
We don’t know for certain what he’s on, that may also involve all his team that he wants to bring and Silva may at this stage of indicated he’s not going to kick up a fuss so we have made them a fair offer.

Also, we may not have offered that anyway, you can never really believe these reports until you see exactly what was done in hindsight.

If he wants to come, I expect his next step will be soon nothing along the lines of “he’d like the opportunity to talk with Everton” which I’d imagine is already not too far away.

I hope so anyway.

Makes sense about the team... Also I guess this could be the first step in a dirty little game - in which Silva can now say - 'Everton have offered one of the largest ever compensation agreements for a manager to Watford and he thought there was an understanding with the Watford board that they would let him move on act if a big club came calling. He's now upset they have gone back on this agreement...' -

Basically can come up with some bollocks to justify leaving them in the lurch 3 months into the season and to pick a fight with the Watford board so they have to let him go.

He is on a lot more than £1m mate, hence why we have offered so much. The clue is in the amount we have offered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluerinse

Can't understand why they have made it public

Because if he just suddenly joined us their fans would be up in arms. Imagine if it was us and a manager just overnight left to another Premier League club.

If Watford put it out there that they're being firm and unwilling to budge they can just blame Silva, should he choose to come to us.

AndersLimpar

TEF Member
He is on a lot more than £1m mate, hence why we have offered so much. The clue is in the amount we have offered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So 8.5 for 18 months means according to your clue you think he’s on 5.6 million a year?

Making him the 6th highest paid manager in the league, and on 2 million a year more than Potch at Spurs?...

Really?

I would suggest that isn’t such a great clue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)