• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Marcel Brands

Marcel Brands

• Are you pro-Brands (a Brands-ista)

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Are you pro-Brands (a Brands-ista)

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pablo_p

TEF Member
From the interview, it sounds like Brands gave Rafa the list of summer transfer targets, Rafa knew the players on the list, has also done on his own research and analysis on them and they'll have further meetings to discuss.

From 6:42 on this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGhdZkDvxo

Okay.

I've just watched that for the first time.

And I say this as someone who didn't/doesn't want him - BUT! If thay interview is anything to go by then I think we might have made the right choice, you know.

There. I said it.

DannyEFC

Alan Myers
This cunt wants hanging if we sign Andros Townsend.

Begovic I’m not thrilled with but I can understand.

Andros fucking Townsend. The mind boggles.

Thuck ma Baws

TEF Member
This cunt wants hanging if we sign Andros Townsend.

Begovic I’m not thrilled with but I can understand.

Andros fucking Townsend. The mind boggles.

To be fair if people can confidently assign the signing of Richarlison to Silva and the signing of James to Ancelotti then it would be a bit unfair not to assume Townsend would be a Benitez signing.

You think Townsend would be a Brands signing...... I think you are aiming your anger in the wrong direction IF it happens

jon

CDPA Panelist (like Rich)
I was talking to an RS neighbour yesterday. He was saying that he expected (based on time at them) that Benitez will make signings that you will think "WTF?" about, but they'll fit into his system. Seems to be happening quicker than I might have thought.
Still, don't want Townsend though. Gray could be ok for a low fee.

Fuck any system with Townsend. He couldn't get in a wank Palace team

pablo

TEF Member
Fuck knows what our director of football does. We are fucked by FFP, every manager we hire brings his own list of players and the academy is run by an obese fella who walks around with his nob out and plays a middle aged Jose Baxter.

Potrik

TEF Member
Has all the Townsend chat come from that jarg ITK which has then spread to other jarg ITK’s?

If so I’m not gonna lose any sleep over the rumour. Not seen it from anyone even halfway reputable.

T1878

Love Islander
Be arsed with him if he’s actually the one behind the latest set of deals. Fuck him off if he’s trawling the globe for players and he’s landed on Townsend, Gray and Begovic.

bluerinse

Damarai Gray for the quoted price could be a bargain.

Townsend, somebody Benitez knows, very unlikely to be a Brands signing.

Begovic on a free, not much to complain about.

jon

Kansas City Chiefs Sport GIF by Bleacher Report

Mike

Never wrong
It's not these deals that are the real howlers, it's Bernard, Iwobi, Delph and Kean. They've all hamstrung us with FFP. I am not blaming him for Gomes, I can't do that when a player has his foot changed through injury.

I'd just let the manager deal with all transfers because he clearly can't be trusted.

T1878

Love Islander
It's not these deals that are the real howlers, it's Bernard, Iwobi, Delph and Kean. They've all hamstrung us with FFP. I am not blaming him for Gomes, I can't do that when a player has his foot changed through injury.

I'd just let the manager deal with all transfers because he clearly can't be trusted.

Those kinds of deals for sure fuck us over way more, particularly with respect to FFP. But this bloke was heralded as having the ability to unearth gems, particularly from South America if I remember correctly - although we just seem to chase household names. To say the recent recruitment is lazy and unambitious is generous at best. I’d fancy myself to do a better job.

jon

I'm not going to get into a drawn-out debate over him, but we regularly have people complaining that they don't know what he does, but then they are absolutely certain he's behind the signing of someone they don't agree with. The Kean deal was well regarded at the time, then there's been a few other kids like Nkounou and the Dutch defender we're linked with (not Dumfries)
I think with managers like Ancelotti & Benitez it would always be give & take, he won't be behind every signing, then you've got the Moshiri factor.
Wouldn't bother me if he left, but he must be doing something that the board likes.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
I'm not going to get into a drawn-out debate over him, but we regularly have people complaining that they don't know what he does, but then they are absolutely certain he's behind the signing of someone they don't agree with. The Kean deal was well regarded at the time, then there's been a few other kids like Nkounou and the Dutch defender we're linked with (not Dumfries)
I think with managers like Ancelotti & Benitez it would always be give & take, he won't be behind every signing, then you've got the Moshiri factor.
Wouldn't bother me if he left, but he must be doing something that the board likes.
ill judge brands on the youth system and how many we can get through to the first team. By all accounts there are some decent prospects in there so you would hope we can do better than we have in recent years.

transfers you just cant predict. he could buy some great young prospects but unless they get game time they wont progress. for the last few years we have wanted the superstar big money signings. hardly conducive to bringing through youngsters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)