• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

Alan Partridge

First Sea Lord
Same.

I grew up in an era where United won everything year in, year out. Their fans were more insufferable and arrogant than the red shite at times.

Seeing them suffer with their 'drought' is what they deserve
Season 3 Bullshit GIF by BBC America

thebluenose

TEF Member
I have a deep rooted hatred for Bristol Rovers which stems from a holiday in Crete back in 2004, one young lad wearing one of their tops said Everton were shit and they've been on my shit list ever since. Course now he'd be spot on but it's not the point.
Too right. Only we are allowed to say we are shit

Mike

Rattles pensioners
Gary Neville reckons he doesn't want Conte at Man Utd. I reckon if he does come in he'll fuck off half the squad.
It's something I touched on last week

This notion that you should stick with a manager because it provides stability is incorrect IMO. The manager still has to be good and implement a style of play that is good to watch, effective and can be carried forward. If they brought in Conte, for example, they'd have to totally change the side. So what was the last 3 years for?

OGS still doesn't know what his best midfield is and how to set them up after 3 years. That formation last night was like watching kids in a park. As Scholes said, top teams are going to totally destroy them.

It's not just Ole they need to change either btw, they've become Everton on steriods and it's all jobs for the boys behind the scenes.
That's not to say I think they shouldn't get Conte. Top manager who should be backed. But he'd definitely have to bin a few players they've spent massive money on to make his system work. Such as AWB, Bruno Fernandes and Sancho. Ronaldo must be on some wedge, too.

I'm not sure who they should get to continue the last 3 years? They don't even have a system anyway. Zidane doesn't speak a word of English. Simeone plays totally differently. Nagelsmann would like the squad I think but he's obviously not leaving Munich right now. Mancini seems unlikely.

Brendan Rodgers?

Last edited:

bennett

TEF Member
It's something I touched on here last week

That's not to say I think they shouldn't get Conte. Top manager who should be backed. But he'd definitely have to bin a few players they've spent massive money on to make him system work. Such as AWB, Bruno Fernandes and Sancho. Ronaldo must be on some wedge, too.

I'm not sure who they should get to continue the last 3 years? Zidane doesn't speak a world of English. Simeone plays totally differently. Nagelsmann would like the squad I think but he's obviously not leaving Munich right now. Manici seems unlikely.

Brendan Rodgers?
They're fucked really, aren't they? It's only Conte out of the top managers who'll be available for them. Imagine him working with some of their players? Not to mention he's a 5-3-2 nonce, so as you say he'd have to get rid of a load.

I watched a vid on what's been happening behind the scenes at utd the past few years, and one of the things they mentioned was people like carrick and a few others "learning on the job". Remind you of anyone?

Liverpool must be loving it seeing us both so badly run.

Mike

Rattles pensioners
They're fucked really, aren't they? It's only Conte out of the top managers who'll be available for them. Imagine him working with some of their players? Not to mention he's a 5-3-2 nonce, so as you say he'd have to get rid of a load.

I watched a vid on what's been happening behind the scenes at utd the past few years, and one of the things they mentioned was people like carrick and a few others "learning on the job". Remind you of anyone?

Liverpool must be loving it seeing us both so badly run.
Yeh they're fucking miles off. I suppose it was a fairly predictable outcome. Ferguson ran the gaff when the Americans took over but now he's gone they've obviously not got a clue, probably all still call it soccer.

Plenty of journalists now running with him staying in charge...for now.
They sacked Mourinho for far less. It sounds like they've not got a clue what to do when they sack him. Scary for their fans.

Mick Blue

Pervert disappointed by the cock size
I find it bizarre United fans would even consider Zidane, I wouldn't consider him a top manager at all.

Didn’t he win the Champions League 3 years on the spin?

Mug

Partly Scottish
I doubt they’d get someone like Conte at this moment. Anyone of that standing will look at the next months fixtures and even if they want the job they’d be stalling, waiting for that run to be out the way.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Absolutely mad people like Neville saying they don't want Conte but are happy to tick along with Ole. If they are to get close to the other 3 any time soon they have to get one of the top managers and Conte is definitely that.

The 4 best managers in the world (maybe 4 out of 5 if you include Simone) would then be in the Premier League.

bluerinse

I've seen a few people say it's not a great time to sack a manager, with the run of games they've got, but equally their run of games might be a lot more manageable with a new manager bounce and more importantly, somebody who actually has a clue.

I hope they stick with Ole. I really do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)