• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

bluerinse

I see Gary Neville et al have sacked the manager at Salford City.

Paul Scholes has taken over the reigns on a temporary basis.

bluerinse

Wonder what that's all about, they're doing well in L2, only 3pts off the top! What more do they want!?!

They blew a 2 goal lead at the weekend late on to Tranmere, who had half their team missing due to covid. You wouldn't sack on 1 result but that probably didn't go down well!

Axwell

TEF Member
I see Gary Neville et al have sacked the manager at Salford City.

Paul Scholes has taken over the reigns on a temporary basis.

Seems a very harsh sacking looking at this stat and being sat 5th in the league 5 games in.

Like watching Dream Team magain bringing in Scholes to manage the team in the interim

bluerinse

The thing is Gary Neville would be extremely outstpoken about such a sacking if it was a PL side acting how his club has.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
The thing is Gary Neville would be extremely outstpoken about such a sacking if it was a PL side acting how his club has.

Just like how he was outspoken about fans paying £15 to watch a Premier League game just a few hours after promoting a service that is charging fans £10 to watch a League Two game.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
if you watched that documentary you could see they had zero patience with managers. they think they should be running away with the league every season due to the money they are spending.

Midnight_Blue

TEF Member
I don't... If they fail, it's a few million down the drain and their bank balances won't notice it... those who depend on the club for their livelihoods, may be fucked for the foreseeable future.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Gary Monk sacked by Sheff Wed.

Doesn't seem so long ago that he was getting critical acclaim at Swansea.

jimbo

TEF Member
Wonder if the penny will drop with other clubs.

Baffles me that so many utter shit managers still walk into jobs
russell brand kiss GIF by David

As bad as Monk was, the corrupt cunt, he was also extremely handtied by poor ownership. They got fucked by FFP and inherited an extremely well paid and slow team. He's had no money to change it at all, so he's had to rely on bargains.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
Looks like Pulis could be taking over as Sheff Wed boss, poor fuckers! Too think how close we could of been to being in their position had we gone down in '94 or '98, don't think we would of bounced back either.

Statue of Dixie

Blue Steel
Another manager who did alright in Holland at one of the big 3 there, but useless elsewhere. Just like De Boer

Rooney as player manager?

They'll be aiming higher than that I'd imagine, I think they've just been or about to be taken over by some rich arab, some relation to those at Man City

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)