• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Football Managers under Pressure

bluerinse

While they might have spent a few quid last summer, bear in mind they didn't sign a player for 2 years.

And even last summer, did they spend more than £100m? I can't remember, but off the top of my head Ndombele was £60m, Sessegnon £25m and Le Celso came on loan initially.

Then you've got the sales from Trippier and Wanyama.

Net it all out and then think over the past few years and it's I reckon it's safe to say they've spent less than a side like us, or even a side like West Ham - let alone Liverpool and City, who stand in their way if they want to take the next step.

So I can understand if he's asking himself how he can take them any further. I'd be inclined to agree that he can't.

He's no mug, he'll know that the like of Vertonghen and Lloris aren't getting any younger, Alderweireld and Eriksen probably won't be there in 12 months and several players aren't good enough to take the next step, so really, they're probably not too far off a rebuild being required soon enough.

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
They backed him heavily in the transfer market. He seemed tempted to walk away in the summer, maybe feeling that with a few refusing to sign new deals (Eriksson, Vertonghen and Alderweireld) they'd gone as far as possible. But he did stick around, and certainly got some good players in.

If there's any truth that he's going to walk, I'd love to know what's gone on behind the scenes.
I'd imagine they've only spent what they have knowing that Eriksen and Alderweireld will be off this weekend.

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place
I'd be amazed if he got sacked and I can't see him leaving either.

Their league form has been bang average for a while though and the only reason they're playing champions league football this year is because Arsenal did an Arsenal.

The champions league final and Lucas Moura having the most amazing 10 minutes of his life has papered over the cracks.

bluerinse

I'd be amazed if he got sacked and I can't see him leaving either.

Their league form has been bang average for a while though and the only reason they're playing champions league football this year is because Arsenal did an Arsenal.

The champions league final and Lucas Moura having the most amazing 10 minutes of his life has papered over the cracks.
That much is true.

27 points in the last 20 league games for Spurs.

MLWEFC

Getting a bit silly this place
That much is true.

27 points in the last 20 league games for Spurs.
Arsenal needed to get just 3 points from games at home to Crystal Palace and Brighton, to claim 4th. They lost to Palace and drew to Brighton. Absolutely criminal, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)